Is this a good Fantasy Team to begin a 12 team season with?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
QBs:
Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills
Ryan Tannehill, Tennessee Titans

RBs:
Christian McCaffrey, Carolina Panthers
Alvin Kamara, New Orleans Saints
Mike Davis, Atlanta Falcons
Kenyan Drake, Las Vegas Raiders
Leonard Fournette, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

WRs:
Michael Thomas, New Orleans Saints
Marquise Brown, Baltimore Ravens
Antonio Brown, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
DeVonta Smith, Philadelphia Eagles
Jarvis Landry, Cleveland Browns
Jaylen Waddle, Miami Dolphins

TEs:
Mark Andrews, Baltimore Ravens

K:
Justin Tucker, Baltimore Ravens

D:
Washington D/ST, Washington

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
To the actual question, you’re WRs stink but everything else looks top shelf. At least you’ve got a bunch of receivers that have upside.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To the actual question, you’re WRs stink but everything else looks top shelf. At least you’ve got a bunch of receivers that have upside.

His receivers are awful. Thomas is hurt for probably at least a month and who knows the role with a new QB and a new OC plus all the fighting with the team.

I wouldn't want him as more than a WR 4. Smith and Hollywood are also on the shelf right now during needed camp reps.

Landry is his WR 1 and that is bad bad. I would never want two Raven's receiving targets on the same team. You can never start them together because there is no volume.

He should dump Drake and Fornette and handcuff his top 2 guys because if either of them go down, this is a last place team.

I am assuming he somehow went:

Round 1: Run CMC
Round 2: Kamara
Round 3: Allen
Round 4: Andrews
Round 5: Davis

Maybe it is a standard league and that is why both high volume PPR backs were there together and he basically punted WR.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ADP on those receivers in a non PPR would be:

Mike Thomas 60.7
Devonta Smith 81.3
Jarvis Landry 96.3
Antonio Brown 108.3
Hollywood Brown 109.3
Jaylen Waddle 113.3

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot and should have said it was an auction/$200 cap draft. I did the opposite of what I always do that usually wins me championship. Usually I don't bid on any of the expensive players (unless I can grab a 'steal' in the bidding of one, for the very reason one of you mentioned: IF he goes down, so goes your team. I always have a very balanced deep roster to begin with.

Just did the opposite this time, the way I see so many in all my leagues do, to see what would happen. Spent 70% of my cap on 2 players, and then 40% of what was left on a good QB and TE. It was then a matter of waiting until the other teams had spent nearly all their money and then scooped up the best $3-4 players I could with my remaining $30.

I doubt I will ever go that way again. I hate having all my eggs in one basket. Wanted to see what you all thought though.

Tannehill was a good safety net at QB for $3.

As far as WR, I went for Thomas and Brown who have potential of regaining very high WR1 or 2 ranking as season goes forward. Landry is a solid backup to WR1 in meantime. And of all the rookies, 1 or 2 have the potential of breaking out right away. There is always a couple eac year that do. Best I could do I feel with only $20 left (10% of cap) to spend on WR.

Last edited:

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot and should have said it was an auction/$200 cap draft. I did the opposite of what I always do that usually wins me championship. Usually I don't bid on any of the expensive players (unless I can grab a 'steal' in the bidding of one, for the very reason one of you mentioned: IF he goes down, so goes your team. I always have a very balanced deep roster to begin with.

Just did the opposite this time, the way I see so many in all my leagues do, to see what would happen. Spent 70% of my cap on 2 players, and then 40% of what was left on a good QB and TE. It was then a matter of waiting until the other teams had spent nearly all their money and then scooped up the best $3-4 players I could with my remaining $30.

I doubt I will ever go that way again. I hate having all my eggs in one basket. Wanted to see what you all thought though.

Tannehill was a good safety net at QB for $3.

As far as WR, I went for Thomas and Brown who have potential of regaining very high WR1 or 2 ranking as season goes forward. Landry is a solid backup to WR1 in meantime. And of all the rookies, 1 or 2 have the potential of breaking out right away. There is always a couple eac year that do. Best I could do I feel with only $20 left (10% of cap) to spend on WR.
In a league that moved to an auction a handful of years back. Absolutely the only way to do it. Always seem to like my teams better when I keep it balanced as you mentioned. Hard to survive if some of those big money guys go down or disappoint, due to reliance on them with more limited depth.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Oh god, please don’t start rate my fantasy team threads!!! The one thing that would make me leave this board!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sure but you should never build a team like that. It doesn't win because RBs are super volatile
Yeah huge gamble. But if they play to protection that team is likely a champion if wrs are streamed in even a slightly below average manner.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Oh god, please don’t start rate my fantasy team threads!!! The one thing that would make me leave this board!

Actually I looked for another section to put this thread in, but couldn't find any that looked like it had any traffic this year. I certainly don't mind the site manager to move it elsewhere.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Actually I looked for another section to put this thread in, but couldn't find any that looked like it had any traffic this year. I certainly don't mind the site manager to move it elsewhere.
I’d be fine with a fantasy football sub-forum or sticky thread to funnel the conversation somewhere. One of the reasons I left the Arizona Sports Fanatics FB group (I know a few people here are members of that) is that this time of year there would inevitably be a dozen “Look at my fantasy team and shower me with praise!” posts a day. (Not that I think this is what Sissy was trying to do, but didn’t want this to start the trend).

I’m not suggesting we ban fantasy talk altogether. But I’ll be very disappointed if a ton of separate “rate my fantasy team” threads start to pollute the main Cards board.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’d be fine with a fantasy football sub-forum or sticky thread to funnel the conversation somewhere. One of the reasons I left the Arizona Sports Fanatics FB group (I know a few people here are members of that) is that this time of year there would inevitably be a dozen “Look at my fantasy team and shower me with praise!” posts a day. (Not that I think this is what Sissy was trying to do, but didn’t want this to start the trend).

I’m not suggesting we ban fantasy talk altogether. But I’ll be very disappointed if a ton of separate “rate my fantasy team” threads start to pollute the main Cards board.
Maybe just a generic fantasy thread would help to avoid what you fear.