Is there Any Way the Cards could Lose to the Vikings

What % would you give the Vikings to beat our Cards?

• 10%

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • 20%

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • 30%

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • 40%

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • 50% +

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Idk ..I am overconfident after week 1 which is silly.

I think it's going to be a tough afternoon for the Vikings

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course, we can lose this game.

Especially when there will likely be a lot of purple represented in the stands.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I said 30% bc it’s a home opener abd I’m not a believer in cousins. I’m beginning to think I’m more of a koolaider than the koolaiders.

Their O line is awful. Cousin's will get a tonne of pressure. If we can limit the run game and make Cousin's throw I think we win easily. I just don't see how their D can handle our offense, especially with their injuries.

On saying all that what should happen can often be flipped by a few key plays and momentum. A fumble here, a 50 yard ST return there etc which is why I went for 30% too.

Cards still strong favorites.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
With their defensive losses it's a little bit lower than I would have called it in preseason, but yeah... when the opposing team has one of the league's top two RBs, a top 10 (statistically QB) throwing to Justin Jefferson and Adam Thielen, there's easily a 40-50% chance we lose. That offense always has a chance.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean when Persia, led by Darius at QB, beat Greece at their home stadium in Athens? Yes, I remember that well, along with the long awaited rematch a couple years later. The Greeks got revenge in that next game, after Persia replaced Darius at QB, with a touted rookie named Xerxes. Xerxes looked like he would defeat Greece again after building a huge lead, but Greece's all pro QB, Themistocles, led a fierce offensive barrage late in the game, while their defense led by the famous Spartan LB, Leonidas, sealed Greece's victory by holding Persia scoreless the rest of the game. The Oracle of Delphi had made the Persians 3 point favorites prior to the game, but some last minute changes in strategy upon the oracle's suggestion, ended up giving the advantage to Themistocles and his Greece teammates.
Darius was VERY overrated. He had that one good game.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You mean when Persia, led by Darius at QB, beat Greece at their home stadium in Athens? Yes, I remember that well, along with the long awaited rematch a couple years later. The Greeks got revenge in that next game, after Persia replaced Darius at QB, with a touted rookie named Xerxes. Xerxes looked like he would defeat Greece again after building a huge lead, but Greece's all pro QB, Themistocles, led a fierce offensive barrage late in the game, while their defense led by the famous Spartan LB, Leonidas, sealed Greece's victory by holding Persia scoreless the rest of the game. The Oracle of Delphi had made the Persians 3 point favorites prior to the game, but some last minute changes in strategy upon the oracle's suggestion, ended up giving the advantage to Themistocles and his Greece teammates.
Those tickets must have been hard to get.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably a lock for us if someone like Adam Thielen gets called for a dumb personal foul in the first quarter turning a 3rd and 1 drive into a momentum crushing 3rd and 16. But we might not get one of those every week.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
What I saw last week was a defense with the chip on its shoulder. I think the offense can be gimmick any given Sunday, but I think the defense will be the heart an soul of this team (at least the first half of the season- if the offense sputters and loses ball games, historically our defense will quit). I think VJ is a professional coach- especially given the fact he has been around this league, and he knows how quick he can be relegated to D2 ball; I think he (and his staff) will bring the A game. Coach bro will likely get an NFL OC Job if this season doesn't pan out.

All my spectator opinions aside, I think last weeks momentum carry's into week 2 and the Cardinals win by at least 2 possessions.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not to mention that defense Leonidas
was leading was seriously out numbered . The game really changed when they limited the number of players on the field

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Yes, vikes run the ball control the clock and turnover could do it.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Of course Vikes can win.
They have a competent qb, arguably the most dangerous RB in the game, and absolute studs at WR. They have the weapons for sure to win the game. Add to that a very respectable coach and the Cards better bring it. Heck the Jags could beat us week 3.

Now with all that said, if Cards play to their potential, we’ll be 2-0.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the answer is no. We made a bunch of mistakes, our defense gave them every chance to win and we still came out on top. So, yeah, no chance they can beat us. Unless we face them in the playoffs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose