Is There a Point?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Last week I posted a point by point analysis of why Kingsbury is a failure. Most disagreed. I labeled him a fraud. No point belaboring the point except to say I have not changed my mind. This week while McVay quickly changed strategy when his QB was effectively harassed early, Kingsbury stayed with the same tired game plan. Murray spent the game trying to show he could be a pocket passer in a pocket that didn’t exist. While we watched Goff roll out with great efficiency, we saw nothing of an adjustment from Kingsbury, whose coaching apparently consisted of “throw the ball to Hopkins.” Not bad advice, but hardly a substitute for real adjustments.

Then there’s personnel. I just don’t get Isabella. He’s fast, but his skill set appears to end there. I have no clue why he’s the target in crucial situations. Johnson looked better to me. I can’t argue that with a Fitz out, the receivers are inadequate. Kirk has a habit of disappearing almost totally in some games. Still, why Isabella?

I’m not a big Joseph fan either but he has been handicapped by extreme loss of personnel. If they change the head coach, surely this position will be changed too. So I don’t see this as a big concern.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Literally NOTHING that happened today should be a surprise to anyone who has been watching for the last month.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
TERRIBLE TERRIBLE GM.

The talent around the board except at a few positions is atrocious. DL, Interior OL, WRs from draft, DBs, TEs, LBs are all replacement level starters except for one or two.

Any change should start with Steve Keim.

At this point, it is pointless to debate this team. This franchise is FUTILE. And yet, here I am.

EDIT: I Forgot about kicking. How is this guy a GM eight years into his tenure with no semblance of a complete team for the past 5 years?

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been defending Kingsbury but he did not have his team ready today. D tried but left on the field too long. Murray and the offense looked lost and afraid. No adjustments.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been mostly quiet during the season, even if I agreed with you. This is a bad coach, this is a bad GM.

I want my team to win, but I can't support this model.
If cards lose out they should ckean house

Murray is even disappearing now. .

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I'll just add that I don't understand at all how we are using Hopkins. He should be running routes and catching passes 20-30 yds down the field, not mostly little dink and dunk short passes. He is such a good route runner, yet it seems like Isabella and Kirk are running all the most productive routes. Would we have used Fitz in his prime like we are using Hopkins?

I agree with what someone suggested last week in that the Cards should pay Warner to come in and tutor Murray. He really really needs a successful pro qb to mentor him properly. It is like he has never seem or been around a pro qb before. In that sense, you can't blame Murray at all. The failings of our offense goes first to our GM, who I question how much he truly knows football. Has he ever played himself? I wonder more and more if maybe he knows individual talent, yet doesn't know how to put that talent together properly, and what pieces fit with others.

After our GM, the blame goes to our coach, who like Murray is just not familiar enough with the pro game. He could learn as he goes, if he is willing to change. But Murray definitely needs help, and I have no clue if we have anyone to help him in the right ways.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Isabella might be worse than Kevin Kasper. Guy just isn't an NFL player, should be running one of those gyms based out of a warehouse with fake grass that Instagram models go to.

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As I've been contemplating it further now after the past few weeks... I think I've come to the realization that KK is seriously just an amazing scout/eye for talent that has unrealistic dreams of being a serious head coach at any level. Make him head of scouting already and bring in a pro gm that will have the ability to tell MB to go out and enjoy his golf game. :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I've been contemplating it further now after the past few weeks... I think I've come to the realization that KK is seriously just an amazing scout/eye for talent that has unrealistic dreams of being a serious head coach at any level. Make him head of scouting already and bring in a pro gm that will have the ability to tell MB to go out and enjoy his golf game. :)

you can’t have dreams of being a serious head coach who literally has no opinion on who his DC will be. That was the first red flag.

the NFL ain’t for guys who need training wheels. Especially those who never learned to ride a bike at the level below the NFL as well.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Paging Chopper
lol...what do you want me to comment on? I bet the Rams at -3 and then doubled down at -2.5 and hit two parlays with the game in it.

This is not a great matchup for us even if Kyler is playing well. Nothing happened today that I was not expecting other than we scored more points than I thought we would.

I posted somewhere else that if you want to blame Kliff for things, look at our penalties and look at Kyler's lack of development as a passer.

The offense is different from when Arnold is running wide open down the field to when Kyler is short-hopping WRs. The scheme is the same. The execution isn't there.

I wont' be shocked if we beta the Giants next week. That is what an inconsistent team does.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you can’t have dreams of being a serious head coach who literally has no opinion on who his DC will be. That was the first red flag.

the NFL ain’t for guys who need training wheels. Especially those who never learned to ride a bike at the level below the NFL as well.
This was a fear of mine when we got KK and kyler. Keim had the leeway(imo) and was becoming in a way the head coach/gm in a Bill O'Brien style but in reverse. I called it back then when we drafted kyler and didn't know how it would play out, but here we are. I think keim needs to be the next Bill O'Brien.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a fear of mine when we got KK and kyler. Keim had the leeway(imo) and was becoming in a way the head coach/gm in a Bill O'Brien style but in reverse. I called it back then when we drafted kyler and didn't know how it would play out, but here we are. I think keim needs to be the next Bill O'Brien.

ive been on that bandwagon since the Wilks disaster.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson