Is the draft terrible for is if we don't get Zion? Morant might be just as good for us.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
anyone who think Morant is Melton or Canaan is drinking drano.

If we don't get the first or second pick, we need to move up to 2 to pick this guy. He's the floor general this team desperately needs.

Things can change of course, but I think it's really going to be hard to get into the top 2 of this draft if you aren't at 3. The difference in value between #2 and #4 is significant.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
anyone who think Morant is Melton or Canaan is drinking drano.

If we don't get the first or second pick, we need to move up to 2 to pick this guy. He's the floor general this team desperately needs.

I think Morant is actually the best fit for this team. Sure he won't help the Suns win in the short term, but the overall potential of the squad with him at the helm would be off the charts. Booker/Morant is a deadly scoring backcourt with two guys that can handle the ball, Oubre/Bridges/Jackson all can defend at least a little, and you have a potential dominant big man to finish at the rim while everyone else runs around trying to stop the guards and wings.

Just find a competent PF that can hit an outside shot and defend a bit and the Suns are set.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Canaan, clearly. They are the same player; two hands, two thumbs, two eyes, each under 7 feet and they both use their hands when they dribble or shoot. I don't know how anyone could tell them apart.

They literally have no similarities in their games LOL. It's such a ridiculous comparison and it's why said poster was camped on my ignore list very quickly.

Polecat

Reaction score
Murray St 64 Marquette 46
9 Minutes to go
Morant
7 rebounds
13 assists
15 points

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you just KNOW that a certain someone is going to ONLY focus on Morant's scoring while completely ignoring that Morant completely controlled the game, had a triple double and lead a big DOMINATING upset.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Morant is actually the best fit for this team. Sure he won't help the Suns win in the short term, but the overall potential of the squad with him at the helm would be off the charts. Booker/Morant is a deadly scoring backcourt with two guys that can handle the ball, Oubre/Bridges/Jackson all can defend at least a little, and you have a potential dominant big man to finish at the rim while everyone else runs around trying to stop the guards and wings.

Just find a competent PF that can hit an outside shot and defend a bit and the Suns are set.

that may be... but you don't pass up on Zion for him. You just can't.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so excited to see Morant live. That look away pass was nice.

And another outstanding pass... one hand no less.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so excited to see Morant live. That look away pass was nice.

And another outstanding pass... one hand no less.

not just one handed... it was with his left hand and he's a righty. That's beyond impressive.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I honestly don't think the suns will have enough juice to move up from 6 to 2. Well I guess we could but it would probably take like the 6 pick, and two unprotected future 1sts, and TJ Warren or something like that.

We need desperately to get lucky and have our lotto ball come up no later than 3rd.

Odds are actually against that happening.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm excited but based on what I'm seeing, Morant can start in the NBA now.

His passing is incredible.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't think the suns will have enough juice to move up from 6 to 2. Well I guess we could but it would probably take like the 6 pick, and two unprotected future 1sts, and TJ Warren or something like that.

We need desperately to get lucky and have our lotto ball come up no later than 3rd.

Yup. We need top 3 and if the Cavs get 2, be prepared to deal picks to get there so they can take Barrett and picks and we can get Morant. if we fall further than 3, we ain't gonna have a shot to get him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not just one handed... it was with his left hand and he's a righty. That's beyond impressive.

It's beyond exciting.

The Suns have to land at 1 or 2 in the draft. I don't think another team is going to pass on Zion or Morant.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Okay. I still don't think Morant is ready to be a capable NBA starter as a rookie, but today's showing does have me convinced that with the right coaching and development (which critically includes not gifting him the starting point guard position right out of the gate), Morant could eventually be something special. This was a very impressive performance today, really the first complete performance of his college career.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. I still don't think Morant is ready to be a capable NBA starter as a rookie, but today's showing does have me convinced that with the right coaching and development (which critically includes not gifting him the starting point guard position right out of the gate), Morant could eventually be something special. This was a very impressive performance today, really the first complete performance of his college career.

yeah... he probably needs some seasoning, but he's got big upside potential. That's undeniable at this point. His passing today has been super impressive.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No it is not his first impressive performance at all.

You just know your stance about him sucking is now completely indefensible.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

I love when people say this ha , I mean ya the odds are against us but they are also against everyone else as well :)

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No it is not his first impressive performance at all.

You just know your stance about him sucking is now completely indefensible.

I said first complete performance. First victory ever against a high major opponent.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love when people say this ha , I mean ya the odds are against us but they are also against everyone else as well :)

True - but what does have to do with anything?

Yes, everyone getting a top 4 pick has to get lucky. The reason I bring it up is simply to say people should not expect a top 4 pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morant looks pretty freaking good, but yeah Zion is just amazing.

Anyone think Morant might be better than Young was last year?

Wow. This would be awfully good. Trae Young has the whole package.

Morant's build reminds me of Young and I think he can get there in time.