Is Murray Too Risk Adverse?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
his pocket mechanics are really bad. This year he’s taken a quantum leap using his legs, but he hasn’t progressed as a pocket passer much at all, which has been disappointing. Hopefully he attacks that part of his game and gets better next season the way he has with his legs.
Agree.

He is not learning how to set his feet and throw along with other flaws.

Is the QB coach not coaching him up, or is KM not listening?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The original pot shot about not 'not having a life' is on you for ridiculing my involvement in supporting my opinion with facts. The number 26,255 (now 26,456) is both evidence of a long-time forum member AND one who doesn't have a life. Of course, for both of us to keep yammering at one another is also proof that neither one of us has a life.

When someone shows up in front of Judge Judy without any proof or evidence, she likes to ask them "Where did you think you were going? To the beach? You need to bring your evidence." My point of disagreement is that you stated that he does it 'constantly.' You have no proof of that---did you think you were going to the beach?

If he thinks he has the first down, slides, then realizes he doesn't is different than constantly sliding to avoid contact and costing a first down. Also, we don't know his thinking at the time, we don't know the instructions from his head coach, we don't know the split on this board. My guess is that most just don't care---they don't want to get into the rugby scrum and they certainly don't want to be called out for not having any facts to back up their opinion. For me, what makes a message board great is the facts that are shared. That's my opinion.

Banned for 3 days. Personal attacks aren't allowed. Don't defend your attack like you were justified doing so.

That's my opinion.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree.

At what point does drilling to improve mechanics morp into interfering with a QB's natural talent.

My guess is that the coaches have decided that it's better we rely on KM's natural talent than to mess with his techniques during a season-in-progress.

It this the best way to build yourself a Pro Bowl QB? If it works, KK is a genius. If it doesn't, he's what Harry calls "a fraud." Right now, we're in the midst of a losing streak - which doesn't bode well for KK.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At what point does drilling to improve mechanics morp into interfering with a QB's natural talent.

My guess is that the coaches have decided that it's better we rely on KM's natural talent than to mess with his techniques during a season-in-progress.

It this the best way to build yourself a Pro Bowl QB? If it works, KK is a genius. If it doesn't, he's what Harry calls "a fraud." Right now, we're in the midst of a losing streak - which doesn't bode well for KK.

At no point.

Better mechanics never makes anyone worse. Natural talent is over even magnified by better technique.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

i think this is wayyyyy more lack of offseason than during the season

the time to fix your golf swing isnt on the range 20 mins prior to playing

i think you can emphasize fine tuning mechanics during the week -- but not the big stuff. During a play, you want your QB with a clear mind, not thinking about where his feet are.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I'm calling my shot, we're making the playoffs this year. Now whether or not we make some noise remains to be seen. I think we're going to finish the year Strong. Could just be gas though...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
We have to remember Murray has always been so much more talented that everyone else he has never had to learn to adjust like he does now in the NFL. He also didn’t get much experience in college so he has a big learning curve. This year has not been perfect but he has improved LOTS from last year. I expect next year we will see an even bigger improvement as he keeps learning and understanding to read defense.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We have to remember Murray has always been so much more talented that everyone else he has never had to learn to adjust like he does now in the NFL. He also didn’t get much experience in college so he has a big learning curve. This year has not been perfect but he has improved LOTS from last year. I expect next year we will see an even bigger improvement as he keeps learning and understanding to read defense.

Agreed. Next year had better not be improvement, though; next year needs to be full-on arrival. It kind of sucks that we need him to be all everything for us this year, so it's understandable that he's not. It's only his second season. By year 3, that rookie contract is running down, and the excuses will vanish. "Oh, but he's still learning" won't mean a doggone thing. Can he get there? We'll see.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man Aaron Rodgers is one lucky QB got to sit back and learn for years before having to step in. NFL teams just can’t do that anymore but no one has patience for a young QB thrown into the fire with little experience. Kyler has even less than most QBs coming out of college. One has to wonder how Kyler would look with a coach like Andy Reed? Is KK the guy? We have to have patience unfortunately as we have who we have, but an NFL experienced offensive kind I think could really benefit this team. Even if it’s just a OC we need some better construction and consistent offense IMO. It can’t be all or nothing every time they step on the field.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose