Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Released today.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Looks better than Season 1, but that's not saying much. Looks like he learned to fight a bit more in the offseason, so that should be good.

I wasn't going to check it out, but had nothing to watch at home while eating dinner, so I put it on. I was pleasantly surprised. It's not great, but it's light-years ahead of season 1. They gave him much more time to train, and you can tell they used a stunt double a lot. At least I assume so, as there's lots of spots where it can easily be someone else, because his face is covered.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wasn't going to check it out, but had nothing to watch at home while eating dinner, so I put it on. I was pleasantly surprised. It's not great, but it's light-years ahead of season 1. They gave him much more time to train, and you can tell they used a stunt double a lot. At least I assume so, as there's lots of spots where it can easily be someone else, because his face is covered.
Perfect!!! I’m looking forward to it!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Season 2 is way better than season one. The production quality is way better, even if dialogue is not upgraded. I liked it. Not my favorite, but all the Marvel shows do a good job crossing characters between shows.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else check it out? I can't believe how much better Season 2 is to Season 1. No I don't think the main characters acting has gotten much better but one of my biggest complaints did. The editing of the fight scenes looked like it was done by a completely different editing team. In addition, some of the horrible horrible fight choreography was sooooo much better this season. In fact, some of the fight sequences were downright fantastic.

This season is what I was hoping last season was going to be like.

Stout

Reaction score
Did anyone else check it out? I can't believe how much better Season 2 is to Season 1. No I don't think the main characters acting has gotten much better but one of my biggest complaints did. The editing of the fight scenes looked like it was done by a completely different editing team. In addition, some of the horrible horrible fight choreography was sooooo much better this season. In fact, some of the fight sequences were downright fantastic.

This season is what I was hoping last season was going to be like.

Agreed. I mean, it still wasn't great, but it was entertaining.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I liked season two much better...was actually kinda miffed when suddenly it was over.

I like where it is going... Danny Rand and his semi confused self had a yellow hand... but his angry homie had red hands.... but then sexy pure Bushido girl has a pure white hand...

the whole thing leads one to believe that K'un L'un being destroyed, and Danny taking the Iron Fist out into the world was all fore ordained when you add in the dragon symbol on the back of her family crest

but we all know Danny Rand is the immortal iron fist...so I am expecting her to likely die next season but have the chance to transfer the fist back to Danny before she dies.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked season two much better...was actually kinda miffed when suddenly it was over.

I like where it is going... Danny Rand and his semi confused self had a yellow hand... but his angry homie had red hands.... but then sexy pure Bushido girl has a pure white hand...

the whole thing leads one to believe that K'un L'un being destroyed, and Danny taking the Iron Fist out into the world was all fore ordained when you add in the dragon symbol on the back of her family crest

but we all know Danny Rand is the immortal iron fist...so I am expecting her to likely die next season but have the chance to transfer the fist back to Danny before she dies.

Are you forgetting the end of the last episode?

Danny gets the fist back. So something happened after he left and it didn’t mean taking the dragon back from her either.

My guess is there was a second Dragon and/or the city wasn’t really destroyed.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Danny gets the fist back. So something happened after he left and it didn’t mean taking the dragon back from her either.

ah..yes...that was the preview of things to come right?... when he was out score chasing with ward?

might have to watch that last episode again

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ah..yes...that was the preview of things to come right?... when he was out score chasing with ward?

might have to watch that last episode again

They had an adventure and then brought us to current time. I don’t think it was a flash forward. I think it was a fast forward.

Like this season they will probably fill us in with flashbacks in Season 3.

Stout

Reaction score

I think you're misinterpreting it.

He didn't have "the" fist back; he had TWO fists. And it seemed like they weren't like his normal fist, but tied to the guns. On top of that, it was intimated that it involved what he stole from the guy.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you're misinterpreting it.

He didn't have "the" fist back; he had TWO fists. And it seemed like they weren't like his normal fist, but tied to the guns. On top of that, it was intimated that it involved what he stole from the guy.

No I got that. However, the point I am making is that obviously there are other ways to get the "fist". It does not have to mean killing Colleen. Plus Marvel is not in a habit of killing off characters.

For those that don't know, her team up with Misty Knight this season is not a coincidence. In the comics they have a private investigation firm they form and they form Daughters of the Dragon. Could be setup for another show or just a nod to comic fans.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
For the people that don't follow the comics:

Colleen has "chi" powers in the comics which she got when her and Danny shared his consciousness with her to break her off brainwashing.

This was just the TV show's way of getting her to that same place without following the comic's story line.

At the end, the name mentioned by Ward is "Orson Randall," which was the last Iron Fist prior to Danny. He channelled his Fist into guns and used them that way. He got the idea to channel his chi into his weapons from the story of the Pirate Queen Pinghai Bay, who in this show might be Colleen's ancestor:

You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Reaction score
No I got that. However, the point I am making is that obviously there are other ways to get the "fist". It does not have to mean killing Colleen. Plus Marvel is not in a habit of killing off characters.

For those that don't know, her team up with Misty Knight this season is not a coincidence. In the comics they have a private investigation firm they form and they form Daughters of the Dragon. Could be setup for another show or just a nod to comic fans.

Oh, okay, I'm with you.

For the people that don't follow the comics:

Colleen has "chi" powers in the comics which she got when her and Danny shared his consciousness with her to break her off brainwashing.

This was just the TV show's way of getting her to that same place without following the comic's story line.

At the end, the name mentioned by Ward is "Orson Randall," which was the last Iron Fist prior to Danny. He channelled his Fist into guns and used them that way. He got the idea to channel his chi into his weapons from the story of the Pirate Queen Pinghai Bay, who in this show might be Colleen's ancestor:

Awesome stuff!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

good info. I read iron fist I was around 8 I think... shortly after I moved over to Jonah Hex, Conan and Heavy Metal... so before Luke Cage on netflix I dont recall ever hearing about Misty Knight at all...other than the name being slightly familiar.

the only reason I suggested they may kill her off...is because Danny seemed to not really want the fist due to it kinda infecting him...but he would take it back rather than have it just fade out entirely

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Me and the lady just finished season 2.
wasnt the iron fist gun guy a different dude than Danny rand in the comics/graphic novels?

Love where they’re taking this.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
that is surprising, the 2nd season was maybe the strongest of the defender seasons.

Way way better than Jessica Jones s2.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Best Marvel series for me so far is Daredevil, followed by the Punisher. Wife and I are watching season 1 of Jessica Jones and it’s pretty boring thus far. I tried season 1 of Iron Fist but it was awful. Luke Cage is okay.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave