Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Arizona

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
Big game for the Cats this week and possibly the ESPN Gameday crew could be there too?

Arizona's passing game has been very good but the running game has been nearly non existent. Iowa has a huge OL and will try to pound away at that untested Arizona defense. Who will win this game?

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I say Cats will win. I am not a UofA fan, but I think the guys will be fired up for this game. I don't really think they are the better team but it's in Tucson and the fans and the team will be ready.

OP
OP
D

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm hearing Iowa is expected to bring about 10,000 fans with them to Tucson for this game. That's going to be interesting in a stadium that barely holds 50,000. I think a lot of Iowa fans might end up watching this at Sam Hughes across the street! lol

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I'm hearing Iowa is expected to bring about 10,000 fans with them to Tucson for this game. That's going to be interesting in a stadium that barely holds 50,000. I think a lot of Iowa fans might end up watching this at Sam Hughes across the street! lol

Currently, Arizona Stadium can seat 57,803.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Come on Wildcats! Aside from the fact that you are an AZ team, my wife's family is from Iowa. It would be nice to watch them melt down on Facebook.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Toss up, but I think Iowa is going to win in a close one

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
Interesting, the line went from -2.5 for Iowa to -1.5 for Arizona. Looks like the money is going on Arizona.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Game is a sellout...

Sold Out: Iowa-Arizona
Match of two ranked teams matched at box office...

Sept. 17, 2010

Saturday's football game pitting No. 9 Iowa against host No. 24 Arizona has sold out, officials announced after the close of business today.

McKale Center Ticket office had only some scattered singles for sale today to make it official, and a crowd in excess of the listed 57,400 capacity at Arizona Stadium is guaranteed.

Iowa's squad held a brief walk-through at the stadium in the heat of the afternoon after arriving via charter air, while UA kept to its practice field for a similar final check plus met for several hours at mid day with ESPN producers and announcers in football offices.

The game kicks off at 7:30 p.m. to a national audience on ESPN. Both the Wildcats and Hawkeyes enter the contest at 2-0, with the winner expected to solidify early season status as a national contender.

UA last had an announced sellout against ASU in 2008, plus drew a capacity crowd on game day when College Game Day came to Tucson last fall for the Oregon game, among two other recent full crowds.

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091710aab.html

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Let's hope they keep the water bottle distribution to a minimum.

:)

OP
OP
D

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
The Iowa fans made this a sellout. I work at Tucson airport and saw a lot of Iowa fans today. I saw about 50 of them wearing a yellow t-shirt that said "Taking over Tucson" and had the date and Iowa at Arizona. Iowa fans will be well represented in this one. Estimates say 12,000-15,000 Iowa fans will be in the stands.

OP
OP
D

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
Iowa by 42

LOL, what have you been smoking? As a Nebraska fan that has lived in Tucson the last 7 years, all the hate between the two schools is rather amusing. I root for Arizona against everyone except Nebraska, and I find it kind of dumb to root against teams within your own conference when they play non-conference games.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, what have you been smoking? As a Nebraska fan that has lived in Tucson the last 7 years, all the hate between the two schools is rather amusing. I root for Arizona against everyone except Nebraska, and I find it kind of dumb to root against teams within your own conference when they play non-conference games.

I'm not sure that was a hate driven prediction. Perhaps it was but I was expecting a similar outcome and I certainly don't hate the Wildcats. I went to ASU but I have ties to U of A also and cheer for them whenever they face anyone other than the Devils.

I really expected Iowa to blow them out just like I expected Wisconsin to blow out the Devils. Cats lead 21-7 right now and I think it's clear I've been overrating the Big 10. Here's hoping the Cats can keep this up.

Steve

OP
OP
D

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not sure that was a hate driven prediction. Perhaps it was but I was expecting a similar outcome and I certainly don't hate the Wildcats. I went to ASU but I have ties to U of A also and cheer for them whenever they face anyone other than the Devils.

I really expected Iowa to blow them out just like I expected Wisconsin to blow out the Devils. Cats lead 21-7 right now and I think it's clear I've been overrating the Big 10. Here's hoping the Cats can keep this up.

Steve

They always do.

Arizona special teams have really been special so far. Too bad Grigsby fumbled or this might be 28-7 right now. On the other hand, Iowa just dropped an easy TD pass.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has turned into quite a game. Arizona 34-27 with just over 3 minutes to go.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was just an incredible defensive stand - 4 straight sacks. Nice going, Wildcats.

Steve

OP
OP
D

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
Zona defense came up huge at the end, 4 consecutive QB sacks! 34-27 Arizona, that should do it!