Into the Badlands (AMC)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's a fun show, and season 2 has been good so far, but how GODAWFUL was the whole '6 months later' thing? Ugh!

Why didn't you like the 6 months ahead? Did you want them to start right at him getting of the boat? I kind of liked it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Why didn't you like the 6 months ahead? Did you want them to start right at him getting of the boat? I kind of liked it.

Because it was L-A-Z-Y. It was, "well, we want to get to the good bit, but we're nowhere near creative enough to know how to do that, so we'll just throw up a 6 months later to START the show." Give us something small to bridge the gap. Didn't have to be a full scene, didn't have to have dialogue. But damn, if I were more on the fence about the show, that would have tempted me to turn it off.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Because it was L-A-Z-Y. It was, "well, we want to get to the good bit, but we're nowhere near creative enough to know how to do that, so we'll just throw up a 6 months later to START the show." Give us something small to bridge the gap. Didn't have to be a full scene, didn't have to have dialogue. But damn, if I were more on the fence about the show, that would have tempted me to turn it off.

So you are ok with how it started 6 months later, but hated how they just bastard a "6 months Later" image in the beginning? You would be cool with having them example the time difference in the show some how. To me, the funny thing is, that they did example it in the show already and didn't need to put that "6 Months Later" bit up. I may have not know exactly how many month ahead we were, but I don't think it mattered.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have liked them to have a tighter timeline but honestly? How much ground could they really have covered from the events they showed at the end of last season to now? I think had they done that everybody would be complaining about how badly this season stretched out current events.

Not huge fan of the fast forward typically for any show but this really wasn't that big of a deal for me.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, I quit this series with 10 minutes to go in the season finale. That's a first. But damn, did the show fall apart all of a sudden.

Did you watch the whole season finale or no? It was good until

the last fight between Sunny and Quinn. Sunny stabbed Quinn at least 2 times in the chest with his massive sword, yet he doesn't die until Vale stabs him (through her even) with a much smaller blade and that one hits him in the shoulder. Now that was pretty stupid. If the fight scene went a little more realistic and Vale died another way at the end, I would have really liked the finale. Hated how it ended with such a fake sword fight.

Stout

Reaction score
Did you watch the whole season finale or no? It was good until

the last fight between Sunny and Quinn. Sunny stabbed Quinn at least 2 times in the chest with his massive sword, yet he doesn't die until Vale stabs him (through her even) with a much smaller blade and that one hits him in the shoulder. Now that was pretty stupid. If the fight scene went a little more realistic and Vale died another way at the end, I would have really liked the finale. Hated how it ended with such a fake sword fight.

The funny thing is, this is EXACTLY where I stopped watching. So stupid and contrived. I yelled: "Nope, just nope!" and deleted it--both the episode and the show recording settings. Far, far worse than a "they didn't earn that" moment. First time I've ever quit a show ten minutes from the end of a season finale.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The funny thing is, this is EXACTLY where I stopped watching. So stupid and contrived. I yelled: "Nope, just nope!" and deleted it--both the episode and the show recording settings. Far, far worse than a "they didn't earn that" moment. First time I've ever quit a show ten minutes from the end of a season finale.

I'm not that pissed off at that scene to delete it and the recording but they should've done it differently and more realistic.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
I'm not that pissed off at that scene to delete it and the recording but they should've done it differently and more realistic.

Back in the old days, I probably wouldn't have. In this day and age, when I'm off on work disability and still don't have time to watch all the movies and TV I want to? I no longer suffer fools--or bad TV--lightly :) Nah, just too much other good stuff. Heck, I was almost out on GoT last season, until they pulled it back at the end.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Funny, I though the ending was, WTF? It is setting up next season really well.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Second season is up on Netflix.