Interview tips

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Arthur, I would totally recommend using your school's resources. I'm sure they have resume workshops and mock interviews. My school had a great career services center and once I started to apply for jobs and do the interview thing, I got a job pretty quick.

Interviews suck, but the more you do, the better you'll be :)
:stupid:

That is great advice, Kate. Yeah, not taking full advantage of your school career services office is one of the biggest mistakes a student can make.

At my school, we had mock interviews where local business professionals would come in and mock interview you...and videotape it. It was so uncomfortable watching your interview on tape while you are being critiqued, but it really helped a lot.

In grad school, the 2nd years that had already gone thru the process of getting internships would help out the first years with their resumes. It really helped as well.

In fact, I have been working for the same company for 10 years now, and I never interviewed with them. It was weird because when they came to recruit on campus, all the interview slots were full before I could sign up, but my resume saved me.

Bascially, this was my job interview (one minute phone call):

jw7: "Hello, Mr. Recruiter Guy, I submitted my resume, but was unable to get an interview because all the slots were filled, but I am still very interested in an internship opportunity."

Recruiter: "Yes, I remember your resume and we were very interested as well. You will have a job offer shortly."

jw7: "OK, thanks."

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I have been searching for a job since I graduated in May. I've been to about 5 interviews, seemingly all went well, but I am still unemployed. I am so tired of wearing hot clothes in the summer and being choked by a tie. Next interview I'm going in shorts.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I forgot to give you guys the update. I got the internship at Merrill Lynch and have been working there for two weeks now. The interview was cake, a few questions and a "when can you start". Apparently I made an impression on my instructor and she highly recommended me to them. It's a great opportunity for me. I was a bit nervous at first because I am out of my element, but everyone there has been great.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Folster said:
I forgot to give you guys the update. I got the internship at Merrill Lynch and have been working there for two weeks now.

I didn't know Merril Lynch still existed. I used to have my IRA with them but it got sold to The Prudential, they told me they were bought out :confused:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Folster said:
I forgot to give you guys the update. I got the internship at Merrill Lynch and have been working there for two weeks now. The interview was cake, a few questions and a "when can you start". Apparently I made an impression on my instructor and she highly recommended me to them. It's a great opportunity for me. I was a bit nervous at first because I am out of my element, but everyone there has been great.

:raccoon:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson