Interstellar

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good but not great. It had long stretches of absolute brilliance, but lost itself to visuals, dragging script and effects in others. A nice once-through viewing without any kind of rewatchability (to coin a new word lol).

A+ for word invention. I like it!!!!! :thumbup: :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah he is and a few others I didn't mention.

here's a poster with about TEN names on it... Damon ain't one of them and he wasn't in ANY commercial. And he's in one scene. that's called a cameo my friend.

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
After all of his car commercials, I don't think I can stand to sit through another M McC movie.

As much as I enjoyed the movie, there were parts that were slow enough for my brain to wander and imagine him saying, "I was driving a spaceship long before anyone paid me to do it. It just... felt right."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my friend and I got REALLY high and like the idiot stoners we were, completely missed the IMAX showing we had tickets for, booked across town, saw the next showing an hour later (before getting REALLY high again) and sat in complete befuddlement for close to 3 hours.

my head hurts after watching that one.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Is the movie appropriate for a ten year old? My daughter really wants to see it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the movie appropriate for a ten year old? My daughter really wants to see it.

totally appropriate... and if you bring your daughter, you'll probably end up crying. the movie's emotional core is all about a father's relationship with his ten year old daughter.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I went and saw this and John Wick this weekend, but wasn't sure how to follow your post above, cheese... :D

Suffice it to say, I did really like it--probably not my favorite Nolan film, but still a pretty well done piece of real cinema.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
totally appropriate... and if you bring your daughter, you'll probably end up crying. the movie's emotional core is all about a father's relationship with his ten year old daughter.

Awesome, and I am a complete sap when it comes to father/daughter stuff in movies.

Japes

Reaction score
Matt Damon is in the movie? Oh I'm seeing it now

just kidding, movie looks boring and confusing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not.

in my humble opinion, I disagree. this is a gonna be a movie that completely divides people me thinks.

even with as high as I was, it made very little sense to me (and pretty much everyone I talked to in my writer's room who had the exact same thoughts I did... albeit sober).

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
in my humble opinion, I disagree. this is a gonna be a movie that completely divides people me thinks.

even with as high as I was, it made very little sense to me (and pretty much everyone I talked to in my writer's room who had the exact same thoughts I did... albeit sober).

I went with 14 other people and not one of them was confused. A couple of them were teenagers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with 14 other people and not one of them was confused. A couple of them were teenagers.

okay. you had a different experience then me. thats already been established.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was originally written for Spielberg by Johnathan Nolan. Spielberg bailed and Christopher took over. The two reworked the script to fit Christopher's style and it shows. It's two movies mushed together.

Any cussing in it?
I really don't remember, but if there was it's not enough to matter.

If you're going with your daughter take a hanky.

As for going to see it high, definitely not a "let's get stoned and to watch..." type movie, imo. I prefer funny movies or great visuals for that.. Horrible Bosses, Avatar, Tron, Guardians type movies. Just my $20 worth ;)

I "snuck" in and saw it again in regular format. Honestly, save your ears and it's fine non-imax.

Were my "spoilers" that bad???

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not until now. What made you decide to go see it "impaired"? It doesn't seem to be a movie that would benefit from it.

you serious? huge visual space epic SCREAMS getting high.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was originally written for Spielberg by Johnathan Nolan. Spielberg bailed and Christopher took over. The two reworked the script to fit Christopher's style and it shows. It's two movies mushed together.

I really don't remember, but if there was it's not enough to matter.

If you're going with your daughter take a hanky.

As for going to see it high, definitely not a "let's get stoned and to watch..." type movie, imo. I prefer funny movies or great visuals for that.. Horrible Bosses, Avatar, Tron, Guardians type movies. Just my $20 worth ;)

I "snuck" in and saw it again in regular format. Honestly, save your ears and it's fine non-imax.

Were my "spoilers" that bad???

the Damon one was pretty big, IMO. But didn't ruin the movie or anything. I thought it would him or one other guy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything where you actually have to think doesn't really scream "getting high". Something more like Dude, Where's My Car sounds more like it.

different strokes for different folks. comedies and huge visual landscape scream getting stoned to me. I wouldn't go see Memento high, but Nolan's movies have been pretty understandable at this point, even when high. Saw Inception blazed out of my mind and got it just fine (and loved it). This one... just didn't make sense.

and made less sense to me the more I thought about it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson