Internet Movie Questionnaire

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So back in 1996/1997 when the internet as we know it was just coming into being, there was a site called IMQ - the Internet Movie Questionaire. It was a series of many questions that you could answer and the answers would be compiled and saved into lists. it was a pretty comprehensive list of items and was really interesting.

I think it would be cool to explore it a bit on the board. We can do it several ways--just have one thread with all the questions, and everybody could just reply with answers, or we could split it up and create one thread per question, i.e. "IMQ - Favorite Director" or "IMQ - Favorite Musical".

Any interest in this experiment? There are about 101 different questions.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So back in 1996/1997 when the internet as we know it was just coming into being, there was a site called IMQ - the Internet Movie Questionaire. It was a series of many questions that you could answer and the answers would be compiled and saved into lists. it was a pretty comprehensive list of items and was really interesting.

I think it would be cool to explore it a bit on the board. We can do it several ways--just have one thread with all the questions, and everybody could just reply with answers, or we could split it up and create one thread per question, i.e. "IMQ - Favorite Director" or "IMQ - Favorite Musical".

Any interest in this experiment? There are about 101 different questions.

I'm surprised I don't remember this. I'd been active on-line since the late 80's and by the mid-90's I was spending a lot of time on movie and AV tech newsgroups along with Electric Avenue. As they started dying a bunch of new sites drew my attention such as Digital Bits, Home Theater Forum, AVS and so on but I don't recall any mention of IMQ. I'm interested in it but what kind of questions are we talking about?

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm surprised I don't remember this. I'd been active on-line since the late 80's and by the mid-90's I was spending a lot of time on movie and AV tech newsgroups along with Electric Avenue. As they started dying a bunch of new sites drew my attention such as Digital Bits, Home Theater Forum, AVS and so on but I don't recall any mention of IMQ. I'm interested in it but what kind of questions are we talking about?
I’ll see if I can post the link to the Wayback Machine—which is the only place it exists now. But I’ll have to do it when I go into the office.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll see if I can post the link to the Wayback Machine—which is the only place it exists now. But I’ll have to do it when I go into the office.

I use my wayback machine to eat at Monti's La Casa Vieja in the 60's, I wouldn't waste it on a questionnaire. My implied question was "where did you come across it?". It seems right up my alley, I'm just curious how I missed it.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I use my wayback machine to eat at Monti's La Casa Vieja in the 60's, I wouldn't waste it on a questionnaire. My implied question was "where did you come across it?". It seems right up my alley, I'm just curious how I missed it.
I used it a lot back in the late 90s. Fun time waster.

ACunningPlan

Reaction score
Here's a wayback machine link that seems good. All of the main pages seem to work.

I never had the expertise to have live updates of entries and user accounts so people could update their choices, etc. I abandoned the site after it had had a good run. Good to see someone remembers this "old" thing. :^)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a wayback machine link that seems good. All of the main pages seem to work.

I never had the expertise to have live updates of entries and user accounts so people could update their choices, etc. I abandoned the site after it had had a good run. Good to see someone remembers this "old" thing. :^)

Thanks!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

Oh boy...more movie lists I need to tackle lol. Cool website.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr