Interesting news on Mayweather

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not in any way saying it impacted the fight but pretty hilarious that it now comes out after years of accusing Pacquiao of cheating, we find out Mayweather took a banned IV hours before the fight, in his own home, that was only discovered because USADA did a surprise test at his house. The IV contained saline and vitamins and was 5 times as big as the allowed IV amount. Mayweather was later given a retroactive permission to have the IV, one he applied for AFTER the fight. Recall that before the fight Pacquiao asked to have a shot of Toradol in his injured shoulder and was denied because he didn't ask for it early enough.

Mayweather told USADA investigators he was dehydrated after the weighin and thus took the IV. Drug officials say it's not what's in the IV that causes it to be banned it's that the volume of substance in the IV can be used to mask other agents that were already in the system, that is people don't do what Mayweather did to get drugs in the IV, they use the IV to hide drugs they had already taken. USADA apparently overruled their own protocol and granted Mayweather a waiver, it has since been determined they had no authority to do so and they also had no authority to fail to disclose before the fight what Mayweather had done.

Again I don't think it's why Manny lost, he got beat in the ring, but it sure as hell is ironic that the guy who kept making the accusations is the one who broke the rules HE insisted on having in place.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
What a comedy... You're right of course - Mayweather is the better fighter at this point in their careers. Would've loved to have seen these two fight when 8 years ago! Not sure if Pacman would've won, but I can guarantee the fight would've been 100x more entertaining...

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a comedy... You're right of course - Mayweather is the better fighter at this point in their careers. Would've loved to have seen these two fight when 8 years ago! Not sure if Pacman would've won, but I can guarantee the fight would've been 100x more entertaining...

Even back in 09 when things were really heating up between the 2 would have been great.

I almost didn't read the story because they keep having these fake ESPN stories on Facebook about Mayweather being stripped and it's not a real story. But I saw this scroll across the screen this morning and they then talked about it on Mike and MIke. Both agreed nobody thinks that's why Mayweather won, it was just really ironic he demanded the drug testing protocol and then failed to comply.

Apparently there's some discussion that he may lose part of his purse because there are apparently clauses in the contract that might mean he forfeits money because of the violation.

He's one of those guys that should be so rich it doesn't matter but the way he spends money you wonder if that's the only reason he's still fighting.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm disappointed in both guys. I've never been a Mayweather fan, but I do like manny and I was highly disappointed in his performance. maybe the injury effected him who knows. I thought it was the most boring fight I've ever watched. didn't see two great fighters in the ring. saw two guys that just wanted a paycheck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave