Interesting Comment

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hump got whooped twice in two random clips. I'm sure we could find more.

Palmer doesn't hold the ball as long? Did you watch BAs offense? In both cases Hump was beat instantly and Kyler is pressured in under 2.5 seconds.

Quickly here are a few videos that I found with DJ Humphries blocking with authority:

DJ Humphries is #74 on the left side of the line in this video that shows every Cardinals TD of 2019:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

In this video you can watch DJ Humphries (#74) dominate in Tampa (and a funny scene where he wipes some greatness off of Fitz and then applies it to himself):

Watch DJ Humphries #74 blocking for Edmonds in NY:

Watch DJ Humphries #74 blocking for Drake vs the Niners:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDLTQfMu2Xs

Watch DJ Humphries #74 blocking for Drake in Seattle:

Watch DJ Humphries #74 blocking for Drake vs the Browns:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Quickly here are a few videos that I found with DJ Humphries blocking with authority:

DJ Humphries is #74 on the left side of the line in this video that shows every Cardinals TD of 2019:

In this video you can watch DJ Humphries (#74) dominate in Tampa (and a funny scene where he wipes some greatness off of Fitz and then applies it to himself):

Watch DJ Humphries #74 blocking for Edmonds in NY:

Watch DJ Humphries #74 blocking for Drake vs the Niners:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDLTQfMu2Xs

Watch DJ Humphries #74 blocking for Drake in Seattle:

Watch DJ Humphries #74 blocking for Drake vs the Browns:

Its not hard to find clips like this. In the same videos you can find Justin Murray playing well.

My point was, saying Hump is good because he only had 2 sacks doesn't hold water because there are 2 right there Kyler avoided with his elite evasiveness. I'm sure we could find more if we looked.

I've said multiple time Hump did OK in pass pro this year. He's still not good and I certainly don't trust him to stay healthy. In 6 years as a starter in college and pros he's stayed healthy once.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
My point was, saying Hump is good because he only had 2 sacks doesn't hold water because there are 2 right there Kyler avoided with his elite evasiveness. I'm sure we could find more if we looked.
Since I'm still kinda in support of retaining Hump, I removed the rest, but the bolded part speaks to how I feel about the rest of this offensive line. It seemed like every other play, Kyler had to bail out his line by immediately turning and running out of pressure.

I would love to see the stats on who the most pressured QB in the NFL was - because the only article I've been able to find about it had Kyler as the #1 by far going into week 10 or so.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Since I'm still kinda in support of retaining Hump, I removed the rest, but the bolded part speaks to how I feel about the rest of this offensive line. It seemed like every other play, Kyler had to bail out his line by immediately turning and running out of pressure.

I would love to see the stats on who the most pressured QB in the NFL was - because the only article I've been able to find about it had Kyler as the #1 by far going into week 10 or so.

You know I'm Murray fan #1, but he was constantly running into pressure all year long. Very correctable, and is probably a function of so little college playing time.

The offensive line was very good run blocking, historically one of the best ever in Cardinals history.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You know I'm Murray fan #1, but he was constantly running into pressure all year long. Very correctable, and is probably a function of so little college playing time.

The offensive line was very good run blocking, historically one of the best ever in Cardinals history.
He ran into pressure and sometimes failed to get the ball away, but I have to give the kid credit where credit is due for also managing to be the league's top escape artist. A less mobile QB would have gotten eaten alive.

It's my strong belief that people would be screaming about this offensive line if Kyler didn't make them look better. And you know I hate complimenting him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He ran into pressure and sometimes failed to get the ball away, but I have to give the kid credit where credit is due for also managing to be the league's top escape artist. A less mobile QB would have gotten eaten alive.

It's my strong belief that people would be screaming about this offensive line if Kyler didn't make them look better. And you know I hate complimenting him.

Its funny because he escaped sacks that a more aware QB would have already gotten rid of the ball.

I think he took more sacks than evaded overall...because some of the sacks he took, good pocket presence would have negated them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This.

This is my one issue with that PFF stats on Kyler's sacks. They credit him with 22 for not throwing the ball away, or running into a sack but PFF only count what happens, not what doesn't. So all the sacks avoided only count as evading pressure.

I'm sure if you took all the sure fire sacks he dodged he'd break about even.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Cardinals were ranked 10th overall rushing the ball in 2019 with 124 yards per game.

To put that in perspective the Cardinals were DEAD LAST rushing the ball last season with 83.9 yards per game.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not hard to find clips like this. In the same videos you can find Justin Murray playing well.

LOL

In the first video the very first clip is of a TD pass to David Johnson where Justin Murray gets beat by a speed rusher and K1 just barely gets the ball away in time.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Cardinals were ranked 10th overall rushing the ball in 2019 with 124 yards per game.

To put that in perspective the Cardinals were DEAD LAST rushing the ball last season with 83.9 yards per game.

It was the yards per carry average that made them "historically" good.

One thing I'd like to see if the Cardinals do move on from David Johnson some how....I'd like for them to add a competent mid round back.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL

In the first video the very first clip is of a TD pass to David Johnson where Justin Murray gets beat by a speed rusher and K1 just barely gets the ball away in time.

I could show you plenty of clips of the same with Hump

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave