Interesting comment from Suggs.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Heard a short interview from him today. He was talking about the decision to go to KC. Said "I learned the hard way that I don't fit into every system" maybe not exact but something along those lines. He said Andy Reid told him they would make sure he fit into theirs. Sounds like a crack at VJ to me? Imo he's saying that VJ didn't use him the way he was told he would be used. He probably would've been better suited just coming in on obvious passing downs for us. I don't think he was good at playing the run this yr at all, damn sure couldn't cover anyone if that's what he was being asked to do? Wasted money just to bring him home. Sounded like a good signing at the time though.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
His ego got bruised by being released before the season ended. Does Suggs really believe that with 2 games left in the season the Chiefs are going to alter their defense just so Suggs fits in? He will probably end up being a passing down player who may see 20-25 snaps at most per game. The problem in AZ was who would the team have put in for Suggs on run downs? There was no one behind him that was any good. He was all they had at OLB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here is what I think. Wade Phillips consistently coaches good defenses because he simplifies the duties of players. This enables players to play fast and think less. Where I believe Vance differs from this is that he asks his players to do too much. He tries to be too perfect. This causes players to play slower because they are asked to decipher a multitude of things vs just a few things.

In my experience in developing and calling defenses, I have always had more success when I had simple concepts that were executed at a high level vs complicated concepts that were executed at an average level.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Guys, still trying to keep this forum PG...so keep the F bomb memes off the site.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Andy Reid will use Suggs the best way to help the Chiefs win. If that doesn't fit in with Suggs' personal plans, he can try another team next year.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I believe the Boldin pick was one they got in the trade, iirc.
Yeah. They could have not made the trade and picked Suggs. They would have still had the sixth pick in the second round which they could have picked Boldin, maybe they wouldn’t have picked him that high, but they could have.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Boldin pick wasn't involved. Could've had him just fine. They traded down to take Baltimore's two consecutive later first round picks, which we used on Calvin Pace and Bryant Johnson.
Easily could have had Suggs and Boldin.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't watch Cheifs game yesterday what did Suggs do did he fit that defense better then he fit ours?

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Yeah. They could have not made the trade and picked Suggs. They would have still had the sixth pick in the second round which they could have picked Boldin, maybe they wouldn’t have picked him that high, but they could have.
That's right, they made them give up their high 2nd as well to drop down. :rolleyes: They got luckey getting him and that Boldin was a stud right off the bat.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Didn't like the signing at all. They just didn't want to give Golden a longer term deal. He didn't deserve to be cast aside, imo.
I agree. The FO wasn't willing to give him another chance, the way he looked the next season after tearing up his knee. The Giants signed him, they said they hoped he returned to the form he was the yr before the injury. Now he's playing well. About 4-5 games ago I think I saw where he had 8.5 sacks at that point? Probably 10 or more by now? I haven't looked up his stats recently.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He had one assist in 17 snaps, 27% of the D snaps

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
What jersey # did he get? I saw a few seconds of the Chiefs game while passing the tv in the break room at work. There was a player I didn't recognize wearing #95, was that him? I think Dee Ford had his #55 last season but he's now with the 49ers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson