Interesting Air Raid Insights from TX high school coach

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by kerouac9, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

Ok

2. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Sorry, I guess I just don't see his team being as bad and boring as that narrative suggests. The past decade or so has actually been pretty good to us in terms of having a decent amount of hope to be competitive and watchable. Considering the first 20 years of my life had exactly one enjoyable year, that's been a step up.

kerouac9 likes this.
  3. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

I dont disagree with the narrative that the Cardinals are an average to above average franchise NOW.

But last year was such a conservative, pathetic year. And I'd argue so were the last two years of Arians.

4. bojack

bojack Registered

He's got his McVay quotes down. Now we need to see if he's got the offense down as well.

kerouac9 likes this.
  5. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

We’re taking the George Castanza approach... do the opposite. Lol.

Just watch a Chiefs game from last year. Mahomes has so many big plays just on his ability to move and extend plays. He is not Phillip Rivers or Johnny Unitas. He throws well, moves well and extend plays. This is what Murray is bringing to this team. My biggest concern is hopefully Murray plays within himself. Don’t believe he needs to win the game on his own.

No longer will plays automatically be dead because of a breakdown in pass protection. No longer will EVERY plays success rest on the o-line protecting for 5 seconds. Murray’s movement will create opportunities for broken and big plays.

I understand the doubters. Hell thats almost the epitome of being a Cardinal fan. As a kool-aider I am enthused and excited about the road we’ve chosen and the possibilities of what that road brings. To predict doom is crazy. It’s also crazy to predict playoffs at this point. Reality and history points to somewhere in the middle.

Crimson Warrior and kerouac9 like this.
  6. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Dangerous Murray Zealot

The "right, statistically sound thing"? No.

Can you give me statistical probability, which is based on something other someones opinion, that K1 or K2 succeeds, or fails, in the NFL?

That is, can you show me a statistical model, which uses a mathematical formula, and that will predict the probability of each person's success at the NFL level? And then let's compare that to Haskins' probability of success in NY, and Arians's chance of success in TB?

Of course you can't Solar7, because one doesn't exist. You silly.

And the "right" thing? Pfft. It sounds simple, but in the end, it's way too hard to be objective about what is "right" or "wrong" in the context of difficult decisions made by a professional football franchise.

So, what you're suggesting in your post is, from a practical standpoint, not realistic. It's not a viable strategy or philosophy, at least in terms of selecting draft picks, or head coaches.

Finally, We're not doing things "just to be different".

Choosing K1 is based on:

a) His obvious physical talent and QB skill
    b) Russell Wilson's sustained success at the NFL level.
    c) Mayfield's immediate success at the NFL level.

Choosing K2 is following the Ram's lead in choosing a young, offensive-minded coach, and following a trend in the NFL which is a game that increasingly favors the offense.

And choosing them together offers the possibility of creating synergy between the two.

I admit that Kingsbury is more of a risk that Murray however, so keep beating the "Kliff might suck" drum, because that's the only doom-and-gloom stuff that's getting traction on the board these days anyway.

But take your stodgy old "play it safe" approach somewhere else man. Instead, give me someone with vision. Someone who seeks to create a competitive advantage with progressive thinking.