Insight into Management from Rosen on Rich Eisen Show

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Timm Rosenbach, May 14, 2019.

1. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I think "perception" isn't in Keim's corner, when tons of former players have nothing but bad to say about the organization. Eventually your perception will come back to bite you when you can't get players or coaches to come here.

Chopper0080 likes this.
  2. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Keim won't even call for a ride when he is wasted (for his own benefit and the benefit of other lives on the roads) so the fact that he didn't care one iota about the feelings of a young man he drafted and once had hopes for doesn't really surprise me one bit. Say what you want, but he botched the entire Rosen situation. Should have just traded him earlier on and made Murray the pick. No need for secrecy and shenanigans when you have the first overall pick and know which player you want. Sad thing is - this could all work out for the team and he'll "look" great even though he's a self-centered douchebag IRL.

Dougmo, Solar7 and PJ1 like this.
  3. dscher

dscher Registered

My point is, Keim has his detractors in that locker room..just like any hard nosed gm probably has his detractors in their locker room. And at the end of the day.. no one knows just how lopsided that number really is. Regardless of this last 'stunt' with Rosen. Imo

4. football karma

football karma formerly known as En Fuego

disagree with the idea that Rosen was owed real time updates -- he wasn't

now: once the draft Murray call was made draft night -- he is owed a phone call. Preferably by the owner, or at least the GM.

at a minimum: once draft week dies down, a phone call to close the loop.

but again: it strikes me Josh is kinda working the victim angle here, and it doesn't reflect well on him.

Cardiac and az jam like this.
  5. az jam

az jam Registered User

KK his coach called and told him and also thanked him. I don't know why that wasn't sufficient as he was woking the relationship with Josh during OTAs. Sorry but I just don't feel that Keim or Bidwill had to also make a call. Again, time to move on for both josh and the Cards.

Lagerfilled likes this.
  6. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

IMO, those who have said him getting two calls from the coach is plenty are spot on. To expect every member of leadership to call him separately is a bit much and a stupid thing to argue about. I would imagine as well, a low level roster player no one would care, this is just a touchy subject so people do.

Lagerfilled likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Suge White

Keim and Michael B. had a one-year working relationship with the player. The coach had two weeks of direct contact (coaches can't have significant talks before OTAs and mini camp). Your player is caught in the middle of distracting press clippings and reports from the local and national media. The FO had been non-committal in the about the process in public.

A player-focused FO would've made a conscience effort to at least periodically check-in with Rosen. Be up front, give him at least surface-level information rather than reading about it on social media. Anyone who's been a successful manager in business knows the importance of controlling the narrative and making sure his employees are kept abreast of similar situations, especially one with the ramifications of uprooting someone.

Keim failed on multiple levels in the process and it's near impossible to give him the benefit of the doubt with his history of mismanaging other players, particularly with the PP21 situation having been unresolved.

This is not something to dust off and say "all parties should move on." Guarantee after yesterday, Josh Rosen is now squarely focused on being a Dolphin. But Josh Rosen may be doing us a favor by pulling the veil off of what may be systematic dysfunction in the front office. If this were an isolated incident, then yeah, it's probably mostly on Josh. But it's not. Josh isn't the problem, he's the symptom of the disease in the front office, and that has to change for this team to compete for the division and hopefully Super Bowls.

Chopper0080 and TheCardFan like this.
  8. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

[​IMG]

Dougmo and fartblossom like this.
  9. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

coach makes the cuts.

10. az jam

az jam Registered User

Sorry, but I feel strong about this issue. I’m retired but was a senior manager working for many large companies in my career. I worked for some wonderful people and also for some real jerks. However, one thing that I strongly felt and would preach to my staff was always leave on a positive note. Never say anything negative on your old company or the people you worked for, it will come back to haunt you.

Josh Rosen left on a positive note, he created a great video on his time here. All was positive. Now, he is being interviewed by a national news organization and he takes a shot at Keim. I think that was stupid and shows real immaturity on his part. What was the purpose of doing this?? How do think that Keim and Bidwill feel about him after this?

Argue all you want but he broke glass and didn’t have to. Nothing was gained. Just my two cents.

Cardiac and wit3card like this.
  11. BW52

BW52 Registered

There is a right way and a wrong way to do things.Anyone who thinks SK handled this the right way is absolutely wrong IMO.I certainly don't blame Rosen for being angry.In a perfect world he could have just kept his thoughts to himself.
    But he spoke up and obviously he hasn't been the only one to do so.It is what it is and I wish him luck.As for SK he had a good draft except for the 1st pick(rather have defense) so his dysfunctional tenure will likely continue for a couple more years.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Chopper0080 likes this.
  12. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

I wanted to keep Rosen but now that he's gone, I could care less if everyone in the Front Office called him. Who cares now regarding Rosen, unless you're a family member because he got paid... what we should be talking about is if there really is a problem with Keim and if so how is this going to affect the situation with Peterson

b8rtm8nn likes this.
  13. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Keim is getting player relations advice from Terry’s brother. If it’s true Keim didn’t talk to Rosen for weeks before the draft that’s head scratchingly bad look.

Chopper0080 likes this.
  14. TheCardFan

TheCardFan Things have changed.

That is true but you would also understand (from experience) that there is a professional way to handle this from an organizational perspective. The Cardinals didn't do that well.

I care because it demonstrates to our team and others (players, coaches, etc) how we act as an organization. The AQ deal was classy...this wasn't.

I would imagine this is exactly what set Peterson off...this type of BS from Keim. Hiring Wilks and probably (speculation) not holding to his word with PP21 and others.

Solar7 likes this.
  15. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

We can only imagine but it's all about money... meaning it does not matter how often or what Keim says, may be about a promise but that promise was about money :raccoon:
    https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...0190510-rujzfd55rbgqhkkcvtcakvh7ry-story.html

Last edited: May 15, 2019