OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh.

A Phoenix-based player traveled to Blythe, CA over the weekend and took out our GP's (Guardian Portals).

Mine was at 89 (the next badge level is 90). My wife's was at 83. SMH.

The person who did it is a previously banned player now playing under a different username. She allegedly has a license plate which says GPHUNTER and was previously banned for spoofing and other activities which violated the game's TOS.

Sucked to be so close and then be targeted. We had found such a good location to keep portals on the down low. No one ever stops in Blythe and the signal strength isn't great there either so it is a natural deterrent.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 5 million from level 16 now. Wife and I took part in a part Ingress-part GoRuck event last weekend. Backpacked all over downtown Scottsdale playing some Ingress and doing a digital Scavenger Hunt with a group focused on community outreach - thanking a first responder, taking out the trash at a mom and pop store, writing letters to soldiers, etc. Tons of fun. Met some cool Ingress players and some cool (and tough) GoRuck members. At the end of the day our teams were tied and a plank-off was held to determine the winner. Got two physical badges/patches for the event and will get a digital badge on our scanners in Ingress.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got 500 fields for the latest challenge. No way am I going for 2,000 by Monday.

My wife is going for 100. About 20 away.

Just over 300k AP away from level 16 now. Soon.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Some late night smashing and fielding resulted in level 16.

:jedi:

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Some late night smashing and fielding resulted in level 16.

:jedi:

Congrats Brian!

Forgot about this thread.

Are you ready for Ingress Prime? Someone told me it will have levels past 16.

I am at level 15 with about 28 million AP. I mostly just play to and from work, and when my wife sends me on errands.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats Brian!

Forgot about this thread.

Are you ready for Ingress Prime? Someone told me it will have levels past 16.

I am at level 15 with about 28 million AP. I mostly just play to and from work, and when my wife sends me on errands.

Thanks. Congrats on your progress too.

Funny story - woke up earlier and went to recharge some portals and accidentally deleted my Guardian Portal's key. Doh !! Good news is it is currently at 195 days. Bad news is I had no backup keys and it is up in Oregon. LOL

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks. Congrats on your progress too.

Funny story - woke up earlier and went to recharge some portals and accidentally deleted my Guardian Portal's key. Doh !! Good news is it is currently at 195 days. Bad news is I had no backup keys and it is up in Oregon. LOL

Wow, that's too bad. Too bad I can't pick up the key for you and email it to you or something!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Guardian officially stopped counting today with this move by Niantic.

Stopped at 249 days thanks to some fellow smurfs that were recharging it up in OR for me.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ingress,” the original mobile phone augmented reality game created by the team behind “Pokemon Go,” is getting its own animated series this fall, company founder John Hanke told Variety.

Ingress: The Animation” will created by animation studio Crafter under the direction of noted computer-graphics artist Yuhei Sakuragi and with character design by “Neon Genesis Evangelion’s” art director Takeshi Honda. Fuji TV is working with Netflix to deliver the anime worldwide.

While the show is entirely new material, the story line overlaps with the ongoing story of the original “Ingress” and will be used to introduce “Ingress Prime,” the sequel to the original augmented reality game. Both the show and game are expected to launch around October, Hanke said.

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/ingress-the-animation-netflix-ingress-prime-1202867371/

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agents,
Do you reliably get the 20% attack bonus when firing an XMP? Starting July 13th at 12:01 AM GMT and running through July 22nd at 11:59 PM GMT we are holding a special Cassandra Neutralizer event! Every unique Portal you neutralize will count towards your Cassandra Neutralizer medal. The medal will have three tiers (100 Bronze, 300 Silver, 1000 Gold) based on how many unique Portals you neutralize during the event. There will also be a new statistic that appears in your scanner to help you keep track of your progress.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Already got our 100 level badges. Closing in on 300 each.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People on both sides were leaving portals ghosted (uncaptured) so Niantic came up with bonus AP for fully deploying resonators on portals. Bonus points !!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to an NL-1331 van event last night. It was at Mother Bunch Brewing in downtown Phoenix. Lots of players there from both sides. Pretty cool event. First for my wife. I had previously been to a similar event at the Valley Bar in downtown Phoenix.

They recently changed these van events to a badge you can earn. You just need to check in at the event and hack the van portal between the set hours (for this event it was from 7-9 PM). There is no charge to show up, check in, and earn the badge (or advance the badge level). They also sold kits for $15 which had a load out card with gear, a "Scientist" badge, a separate van badge, and some other goodies (lapel pin, stickers, etc.).

We took part in the huge group photo by the van, saw a lot of friends, and met some players for the first time.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Ethan from Niantic took the photo without flash and said he'd use Photoshop to lighten it later.

Love that it looks like the van is on fire in the picture. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the Ingress Prime update. Thankfully they have a Scanner Redacted app in both Android and iOS which returns the look and feel of the original scanner.

Here are some killer redemption codes for gear:

wqq38ysix592hu
ede59f4ssj735zg
heg79j651k943fo

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad I play with my doors locked. Was taking over some portals on ASU's campus near the Verde Dickey Dome just before 6:00 AM the other morning and a young man (who looked either tired or hungover) approached my SUV and tried to get in the back door on the driver's side...then walked around to the passenger side and tried that back door too. Must have thought I was his Uber or Lyft ride. Didn't get angry or anything - he just seemed really confused. I didn't roll any windows down or speed off. Just waved and drove away slowly. Weird.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad I play with my doors locked. Was taking over some portals on ASU's campus near the Verde Dickey Dome just before 6:00 AM the other morning and a young man (who looked either tired or hungover) approached my SUV and tried to get in the back door on the driver's side...then walked around to the passenger side and tried that back door too. Must have thought I was his Uber or Lyft ride. Didn't get angry or anything - he just seemed really confused. I didn't roll any windows down or speed off. Just waved and drove away slowly. Weird.
Are you still playing?

I play when I can. Finally recursed, now at L10. Did a ton of missions in SLC last year, it was ridiculous.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you still playing?

I play when I can. Finally recursed, now at L10. Did a ton of missions in SLC last year, it was ridiculous.
Oh yeah. Still play every day at least a little. Wife and I both got our Epoch medals to 60 weeks (daily hack streak). I have never recursed.

Attachments

• C015574C-617D-41D4-BD49-BD5D5D1FDEC2.jpeg
    C015574C-617D-41D4-BD49-BD5D5D1FDEC2.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 4

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Still play every day at least a little. Wife and I both got our Epoch medals to 60 weeks (daily hack streak). I have never recursed.
Awesome, great work!

I wish I would have recursed earlier, it doesn't take very long to level back up. And it's fun getting all the gear at each level again.

We are BAFd in pretty good here in S Oregon, but there are still some good areas to play.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome, great work!

I wish I would have recursed earlier, it doesn't take very long to level back up. And it's fun getting all the gear at each level again.

We are BAFd in pretty good here in S Oregon, but there are still some good areas to play.
Here are a couple of missions I did in S Oregon.

Attachments

• 5751795C-82E0-4530-9E96-16110DD67EF2.jpeg
    5751795C-82E0-4530-9E96-16110DD67EF2.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 54ABA2CB-7F65-4B66-B5DE-F4A136657165.jpeg
    54ABA2CB-7F65-4B66-B5DE-F4A136657165.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 4

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here are a couple of missions I did in S Oregon.

Woo, nice. Those missions are fun. I realized after the fact that there are series ones that have to be done in order to give you a nice picture. So I ended up doing GOOGLE out of order and the Medford one out of order. The Google and other ones in Mountain View, CA are a lot of fun if you ever get by there. They are totally walkable and there are a lot of interesting things to see around their, including the museum of computer history which is really cool. I think NASA also has a cool place to visit there, its been awhile since I have been there.

Grants Pass is basically owned by a smurf known as "Trayvess". He is the only one who really plays over there and it has it fielded up for the most part. Its about a half hour from where I live so I don't mess with it anymore.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woo, nice. Those missions are fun. I realized after the fact that there are series ones that have to be done in order to give you a nice picture. So I ended up doing GOOGLE out of order and the Medford one out of order. The Google and other ones in Mountain View, CA are a lot of fun if you ever get by there. They are totally walkable and there are a lot of interesting things to see around their, including the museum of computer history which is really cool. I think NASA also has a cool place to visit there, its been awhile since I have been there.

Grants Pass is basically owned by a smurf known as "Trayvess". He is the only one who really plays over there and it has it fielded up for the most part. Its about a half hour from where I live so I don't mess with it anymore.
Yeah, I did some out of order and had to redo them. When you redo them it removes them from when you previously did them and puts them in the proper order at the top.

Have actually done quite a few in Oregon - up in The Dalles and Hood River area.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sounds like BIM and Mrs. BIM need to meet up with you on their next trip to Oregon and go Smurf conquering

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave