In Honor To Larry Fitzgerald

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Dude you scored one of the most amazing TOUCHDOWNS in NFL HISTORY with 3 guys hanging on you and your strong ASS hands holding onto that ball with no way to bring it down and you did and you GOT ROBBED,JOBBED and procto'ed all in the same review of the play.

10 out of 10 other review referees would have overturned the field call and given that TOUCHDOWN to the strongest hands in the NFL these days.

Congrats Larry Fitzgerald on a play that should be a HALLMARK PLAY forever and for our kids to see.That was a man amoungst boys and you SCORED DUDE!!! YOU SCORED 6 ON THAT EFFORT!!!

I'm more upset you don't get to keep that result forever instead of losing that game that in the end won't change things that were gonna end up the same way with us starting off the 4 seed playing GB.

Now I think you are gonna probably miss the playoffs and that will also end the season for the CARDINALS who don't deserve to continue as beat up as they are and a team that can't beat the whiners.Never seen such a bunch of MENTAL CASES play football this way before.How fragile are we?

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You seriously think we won't make the playoffs?

Oh, and I ABSOLUTELY agree that was a catch. Knee was down before he lost any kind of control/bobble, anything.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope not a TD. But Still a damned amazing play. What makes you think he will miss playoffs?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NFL rules are very clear you must maintain control of the ball all the way to the ground now and through the end of the play. He didn't. Doesn't take away how amazing it was. 5-10 years ago on the old rules it would have been a catch. Now it's not. Still awesome regardless!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What makes you think he will miss playoffs?

It's called bipolar. Last week, he had us winning out to get the number 2 seed and getting the Lombardi trophy, now, we're doomed and done. The truth will probably be somewhere in between.

Not trying to give you a hard time doug, most of us are guilty of the mood swings to some extent.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, then why did you say Fitz would miss the playoffs?

edit: Sorry I mis-read your post about GB...trying to catch up on ASFN & work at the same time & some stuff just falls through the cracks. (better ASFN than work, I suppose!) :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's called bipolar. Last week, he had us winning out to get the number 2 seed and getting the Lombardi trophy, now, we're doomed and done. The truth will probably be somewhere in between.

Not trying to give you a hard time doug, most of us are guilty of the mood swings to some extent.

Forgive me AJ..I just thought what my eyes saw in the Vikes game was not a mirage.I believed what I saw. Yet it seems that everything was'nt real.

Bipolar is a very serious condition and one thrown around on this message board as if people actually knew what they were talking about.Maybe you can look it up.It does'nt have anything with changing your mind though.

I thought the team that beat the vikes the way they did could win the Lombardi.Did'nt know we were the team I saw last night.What a horror show.Everyone's beat the hell up.

I've been the most OPTIMISTIC poster on this message board ALL SEASON LONG.BAR NONE.....So now when I saw we won't win it all I'm bi-polar.Fine its just a message board.Injuries happen.I could'nt predict the future.I also remember posting in those same Lombardi posts that we had to stay healthy.WE DID'NT!!!!

Thanks AJ.:sad:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The NFL rules are very clear you must maintain control of the ball all the way to the ground now and through the end of the play. He didn't. Doesn't take away how amazing it was. 5-10 years ago on the old rules it would have been a catch. Now it's not. Still awesome regardless!

Fitz did maintain control all the way to the ground. He actually had control while on the ground for a second or two, and then lost the ball... It was a catch and as was said earlier, if the call on the field was ruled a catch, it would have stood... ;)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again doug how did we not stay healthy? Do you have some inside info on fitz that we don't? Cus the only real injury was to Matt Ware. I'm not gonna cry over Matt Ware.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Fitz did maintain control all the way to the ground. He actually had control while on the ground for a second or two, and then lost the ball... It was a catch and as was said earlier, if the call on the field was ruled a catch, it would have stood... ;)

Totally agree 1000% IT WAS'NT EVEN CLOSE...He had the ball over a second while his full body was on the ground then the player above him's body weight like leverage pried the ball loose.IT WAS PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

We all know how shane likes to play devils advocate and he can play it till the end but We all know what we saw.New rules had nothing to do with it not being a catch.He laid on the ground all the way through it and still had it while just laying there.Watched it 15 times in BLUERAY HD GIANT SCREEN and know for a fact what I know.Played the game.Ask Catfish.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolutely he did. But you need to maintain
control through the end of the play by todays rules. He didn't. Either way it was awesome!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Absolutely he did. But you need to maintain
control through the end of the play by todays rules. He didn't. Either way it was awesome!

Shane, I would bet that in more cases than not, that play would be ruled a catch and if reviewed, it would stand... Fitz possessed the ball long enough. His knees were down long enough to easily justify the catch.
However, last night it simply wasn't meant to be...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane, I would bet that in more cases than not, that play would be ruled a catch and if reviewed, it would stand... Fitz possessed the ball long enough. His knees were down long enough to easily justify the catch.
However, last night it simply wasn't meant to be...

82, the rule is clear as day. Your right it wasn't meant to be.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
shane is right and the refs have been pretty consistent with this - i've been on the angry side of the arguement though

pretty much all momentum from the play must end - you can catch the ball, possess it, fall to the ground, still hold it, but while sliding on the ground with the ball in the endzone have it jamed loose they'll call it incomplete everytime as you didn't maintain the ball completely through the entire motion of the play

I don't like it - to me clear possession in the endzone = TD

you can stretch the ball running it in, hit a pylon and then lose possession of the ball before hitting the ground and it's a TD but things change if you catch the ball inside the endzone

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Did you see the Fitz injury up close? I don't want to be the predictor of bad news but it was much less severe than the play and injury to Will Davis who had to have surgery.

Yes Fitzgerald was a MAN and came back out to play and I watched him on the field ,saying that is what the football I played was all about.Just like Warner playing when he wanted to throwup after the second offensive play of the game.He was white as a ghost sitting on the bench trying to get it up but he could'nt.

Leinart was warming up and he should have finished the game.Warner was done after that.He took another shot or two at halftime but he still was'nt right.No one was with hightower not doing his job chipping Justin Smith as he ate GANDY up and then proceeded to eat Bridges too.Not as bad though.Gandy needs to be on IR as does many of our players like Dansby who is only playing for the money he can make NEXT year.

Gerald Hayes' back is so bad he looks like a folding chair on the playing field.Anyone would be an improvement. I could go through the whole list of the team and give examples of injuries this team has.Boldin also showed some signs last night when he stopped running on a route that was made into an interception that he also isn't healthy again.Watch his face.You can see it in Blue Ray HD GIANT SCREEN.Its amazing what I can see.

Heck go buy an Apple laptop BlueRay HD and you'll see the same thing just much,much smaller.But as AJ says I'm bipolar.LMAO Did'nt know we had a 6 year doctor it takes to make that kind of a diagnosis over a message board.I don't think A.J. without the help of a computer could tell you what details go into a bipolar person.I do.Its also not something that should be just thrown around.Its serious stuff.

I don't know when we'll get the news on Fitzgeralds leg.I just pray he's okay for the future.He's such an awesome talent that scored on the most awesome play I've ever seen by PURE HAND STRENGTH in the history of the NFL and that is the Giants player in the pats SB too.This one had 3 players ripping at that ball.HE WAS TOTALLY DOWN.

A play for the ages.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
shane is right and the refs have been pretty consistent with this - i've been on the angry side of the arguement though

pretty much all momentum from the play must end - you can catch the ball, possess it, fall to the ground, still hold it, but while sliding on the ground with the ball in the endzone have it jamed loose they'll call it incomplete everytime as you didn't maintain the ball completely through the entire motion of the play

I don't like it - to me clear possession in the endzone = TD

you can stretch the ball running it in, hit a pylon and then lose possession of the ball before hitting the ground and it's a TD but things change if you catch the ball inside the endzone

From a seahawk fan,I never expected to hear any different.All the factors the new rule entail were COMPLETED in that ONCE IN A LIFETIME catch.He came to a full stop.Studied it like it was my thesis.He was totally down.The upstairs guy just did'nt want to OVERULE the guys on the field is all it was.End of story.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
looking at it live i thought it was a TD but the replay showed otherwise. In fact i thought if the cards challenged that they may rule it an INT until i saw the ball hit the ground.That would 've sucked. Either way i thought it was a bad challenge as there was no way it was going to be overturned. The refs made the right call but i think it's a stupid rule. However , it's the same for everyone and takes away any judgment by the ref. He clearly didn't hold onto the ball through the end of the play.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
BTW - the play that spoke the loudest to me on fitzgerald (who is just a special talent) isn't any leaping catch that others just can't make

it's the beanie wells TD - the one where wells will get praised for being a bull and not giving up, etc, etc, etc

however, his hole was stuffed and the only reason there was a place to spin to was because fitzgerald stayed engaged on the play the entire time, took on his defender and drove him to the ground in the endzone and even pushed him into the line .... just a tremendous block that beanie could spin onto his back and in

he's stood out to me in pre-season games as well doing this .... 20 yards down the field with a backup RB in during a meaningless preseason game, selling out and owning his block and responsibility even though there is a good chance the RB never makes it far enough to need him

just a pure pro

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
From a seahawk fan,I never expected to hear any different.

yeah, because god knows how much I love the 49ers and would definitely bias my observations in their favor...............

or maybe it's the long history of seahawks fans agreeing with refs and their calls where we always give them the benefit of the doubt............. it's not like the seahawks were a major catalyst for instant replay or anything..........

/sarcasm

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
looking at it live i thought it was a TD but the replay showed otherwise. In fact i thought if the cards challenged that they may rule it an INT until i saw the ball hit the ground.That would 've sucked. Either way i thought it was a bad challenge as there was no way it was going to be overturned. The refs made the right call but i think it's a stupid rule. However , it's the same for everyone and takes away any judgment by the ref. He clearly didn't hold onto the ball through the end of the play.

Cbus lets see what the league says as I'm sure after any game like that Whiz submits certain plays if they occur as that one did that could change a game and one he truly thought was a catch.The NFL NETWORK come Thursday or Friday will probably have thier rep on to discribe why they thought it was a catch or not in fine detail.

All I know is I could'nt have bigger or better equipment in my home to see what I saw.I know the upstairs replay monitor is very,very small IF YOU'VE EVER SEEN ONE THEY HAVE TO USE.Plus the screens of those who did'nt see it at home the way I did.

Lets at least give the NFL a chance to say they were wrong or right on this one.

Not like I think they will reverse it. I hate if Larry is out for the year he had to go out in a game he did such an awesome effort with being totally RIPPED OFF for it.Kids a awesome,awesome player.One of a kind.Hope Leinart helps him get into the Hall OF Fame.He deserves it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My question is what constitutes the end of the play? he was already on the ground on his back with the ball when Goldson's momentum rolled him over Fitz and pulled the ball out. What did Fitz have to do for it to be a catch, just continue to hold the ball? That's the part I didn't get, Fitz caught the ball falling down and landed with the ball, on his back. If he'd tried to get up at that point he'd have been ruled down by contact anyways.

I'm assuming they got the call right since both Jaws and Gruden said they did, I just don't get exactly how long did Fitz have to hold the ball for it to be a catch?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
BTW - the play that spoke the loudest to me on fitzgerald (who is just a special talent) isn't any leaping catch that others just can't make

it's the beanie wells TD - the one where wells will get praised for being a bull and not giving up, etc, etc, etc

however, his hole was stuffed and the only reason there was a place to spin to was because fitzgerald stayed engaged on the play the entire time, took on his defender and drove him to the ground in the endzone and even pushed him into the line .... just a tremendous block that beanie could spin onto his back and in

he's stood out to me in pre-season games as well doing this .... 20 yards down the field with a backup RB in during a meaningless preseason game, selling out and owning his block and responsibility even though there is a good chance the RB never makes it far enough to need him

just a pure pro

Right on! This is what drives me nuts about those that choose to defend DRC's punk arse... We pay Fitz to catch, right? Just like we pay DRC to pass defend, right?? Hmmmm....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave