Impeachment

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Ouchie-Z-Clown, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

The Senate doesn't impeach. The House does. I am sure you mean convict/removal. Yep, I agree. We all know how this will play out. Barring some jaw dropping mega bombshell we already know. Even then I am not sure there is a bombshell that is nuclear enough without his Cult45ers saying "we love radiation".

2. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

Yes... House = Brings charges to Impeach. Senate = Convict.

3. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

Think of "Impeach" as being the same as "Indict."

Covert Rain and LoyaltyisaCurse like this.
  4. UncleChris

The Judge is different. He's rarely not "one of them," but in this case he isn't. Some of it will undoubtedly bleed through.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  5. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

I actually enjoy listening to Chris Wallace. I think he is the closest thing to a real journalist they have. He asks tough questions of both sides and has both sides on frequently. I don't consider him "one of them either". I was just making the point that anybody that strays outside the Fox talking points usually is lambasted by Fox watching fans. I see in on Twitter every single time a clip hits the net.

6. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I love that he wonders what happened to the guy . . . nothing. Nothing happened to the guy. He has common sense and patriotic morals apparently.

Covert Rain likes this.
  7. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

8. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Who knew phone records could be so complex. We don't even know what number was used, we don't know if he called me or I called him, we haven't confirmed that yet. We don't even know if I'll ever remember these calls or not, it's all very confusing.

9. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

La la la la...tax cuts...la la la la...conservative judges...la la la la...campaign cash...la la la la...

hear speak see no evil.JPG

10. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

LMAO... seriously... LMAO!!!!!

11. Russ Smith

Not sure where the right thread is but I guess it was somewhat impeachment related. Nancy Pelosi did a townhall last night on CNN and of course much of the questioning was about Impeachment. I think Pelosi has handled this really well, I was never a big fan of hers but I think she's done really well dealing with Trump. That said, I guess it's a statement on politicians in general but it continues to amaze me the average age of the leadership in this country. She's 79, and throughout the event she was stammering, catching herself, stumbling over words etc. If that was me I'd do it too because I'd be nervous speaking to America on camera but that wasn't the case with her it was more of train of thought thing, like we see with Biden, with Bernie he just goes off on tangents some times etc.

I felt overall she was effective but it took her a bit too long at times to get her point across and there were a couple of situations where she was almost condescending when talking to a questioner who was much younger it was almost like ok little girl thanks for your question let me explain how the world works to you.

I guess the further we get into this the further I find myself pulling for Mayor Pete or even Klobuchar just because I think we need some younger leadership?

I'm not sure there is anybody who could have handled the actual impeachment situation better than Pelosi has but the talk last night being a Californian I've seen her speaking for years and I was really struck by man she's not nearly as good at this as she used to be.

LoyaltyisaCurse likes this.
  12. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

Do I get bonus points for posting Fox content? :) :D

BigRedRage likes this.
  13. UncleChris

I don't think her stammering is a recent event. She's sounded like that as long as I can remember.....

As to the rest, I too would like a younger cast of characters. (Amy is 59..... Hardly a kid) And I fret about Mayor Pete. As unfair as it is, I think on a national level, being gay would make him difficult to elect.

14. UncleChris

Russ Smith likes this.
  15. Russ Smith

Yeah I guess I'm seeing Klobuchar as younger even though she's older than I am just because she's not over 70?

And again there's more to it than just the number, i don't see Warren as old at all and she's 70 so would be 71 by the time she would take office. I'm just not used to Pelosi reaching and struggling for words the way she did last night, that seems to have been something that came up in the last couple of years. That said if we somehow got Trump and Pence out next week I'd absolutely be fine with Pelosi taking over as POTUS, with her I think the key is she's smart enough to know what she doesn't know and get expert advice, Trump just doesn't do that he sells it the highest bidder and then does what they want.

My take on Pelosi has changed drastically in the last 5 years I used to not like her at all. We watched a couple of documentaries her daughter filmed that were really good and as I've mentioned before I had a come to Jesus moment where I realized I am registered R and keep voting D and the current Republican party has almost nothing in common with my core beliefs. I've liked Pelosi more since then because I appreciate what she's had to do standing up to Trump the last few years.

DemsMyBoys, UncleChris and MrYeahbut like this.