Impeachment

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Ouchie-Z-Clown, Sep 24, 2019.

1. AZCrazy

AZCrazy Registered

The next democrat President elected will be impeached. Gotcha and Tit for Tat is the modern political way.

2. azcardsfan1616

azcardsfan1616 Fist Pumping With Arians

Lol the last sentence reminded me of Spider-Man. I agree which is why I made a point to listen to 5 hours of NPR today instead of watching Villanova. To be honest I didn’t learn anything today I haven’t already heard and really anything after the 2 45 minute segments of questions is mind numbing. It’s just politicans trying to make sound bites and coming up with horrible catch phrases that they think are gonna catch on. I personally am just not a fan of labeling a group of people morons. We need to be embracing people into mindful debate and teaching without talking down. The problem is it’s rare for people to have a civil discord about politics these days especially in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. elindholm

elindholm edited for content

Quite possibly, so let's hope that they have the good sense not to do anything obviously criminal, so that they won't have to obstruct the investigation.

Also, Bill Clinton was impeached. It was a stain on his presidency (har), but it's not the end of the world. He still got a lot of good stuff done.

4. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

So you are dismissing the corruption, bribery and using the office to investigate political rivals are "gotcha"?

nashman and ozzfloyd like this.
  5. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

Reports say POTUS and senate GOP meeting to discuss how they will approach senate trial. How is it okay for the jurors to coordinate the trail with the defendant?

devilalum and nashman like this.
  6. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

7. Western Font

Western Font Registered

Even if the premise is true, it depends. The Republicans would need the House for that, and they're not going to flip it in 2020. It will be harder for them to gerrymander in the next redistricting cycle, and demographic trends don't favor them in the House the way they do in the Senate.

8. DWKB

DWKB Registered

Don’t know if you mean it to be, but this comes off as a sadly superficial dismissal of very grave and serious abuses of power.

It reads like you only see things through a partisan lense.

I don’t disagree with you though that a GOP majority house will impeach the next Dem POTUS. They wanted to impeach Hillary before the election and the current iteration of the party is nothing but petty, lawless, pieces of ish. The sooner it’s flushed the better.

nashman, 82CardsGrad and ozzfloyd like this.
  9. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

totally agree and here's why @azcardsfan1616

this isn't just run of the mill "oh, the President maybe did something bad."

this was the President of the united states trying to SCREW WITH THE NEXT PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION AND USING FOREIGN AID TO DO SO.

That's ENOMROUS. If you don't have fair and free elections, you don't have a democracy. If people aren't paying attention to a story that literally threatens democracy, yes, they are morons, IMO.

10. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

82CardsGrad likes this.
  11. Kel Varnsen

12. Kel Varnsen

cardncubfan likes this.
  13. Matt L

Matt L formerly known as mattyboy

What a nice video

14. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Lol. If does something impeachable, I hope he is. But if doesn’t try to extort political favors for congressionally approved aid, not a chance.

15. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

See it’s this kind of crap, that if true, has to convince reasonable people that the GOP is full of crap. This might not be illegal (although I would think that abusing communications would be), but it is 100% indicative of not trying win based on the merits of facts, but rather due to underhanded bs tactics. You only resort to crap like this, or gerrymandering, etc if you literally (a) have no way to win fairly or (b) don’t give an ish about fair play. Either way, the GOP comes out smelling like crap. How that’s not apparent to lifelong conservatives and centrists I don’t know other than subconscious bias.

nashman and LoyaltyisaCurse like this.