Impeachment

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Ouchie-Z-Clown, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

2. Town Drunk

Town Drunk Longest serving ASFN lurker

Still going to come down to the election. The House will vote to impeach, the Senate will sit on their hands and bet it doesn’t hurt them in 2020.

Russ Smith and UncleChris like this.
  3. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

This seems the most likely scenario. Senators up for election aren't seriously injured, and Trump can fend for himself.

4. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

if that whistleblower ends up a wet-noodle like Mueller and doesn't take a blow-torch to Trump this will totally blow up in our faces.

Pelosi better know something here because Trump is hiding in plain sight so far with this. If this goes over like a wet fart and Trump is able to claim WITCH-HUNT again we will get killed in 2020.

AZCB34 and LoyaltyisaCurse like this.
  5. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

The odds have to be heavily stacked against the Dems in this situation... There is a huge part of me that was hoping Pelosi wouldn't take the bait and would've held off the impeachment proceedings. I just can't help but think Trump and the GOP set this trap and once again, the Dems have taken the bait.

6. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

The time to act was months overdue. Ignoring all laws and ignoring all subpoenas by DrumpfCO is impeachable in and of itself. It's time to fight for the future of the country and leave the polling consequences to fall where they may.

7. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

Do you really believe Pelosi actually believes she has the goods and the pathway to impeach? I don't... I believe she caved and was pressured into this. I believe she knows full well that this won't end well for her and her party.
    But... eh... what the hell do I know anyway.

8. Western Font

Western Font Registered

The White House has shown continued contempt for Congress, and has refused to cooperate with a credible claim that the president is using the office to target the presidential candidate who has to this point polled the most favorably against Trump. I mean, pretend it's a few years ago and you saw the above reported in the news.

I think the voter who might go Dem but does an about-face because of impeachment hearings is more rhetorical construct than reality. I worry less about backfiring and more about voters sinking into a state where they are so worn-down by Trump that they blame Democrats--since they are the only ones they can seem to hold accountable.

Russ Smith and ozzfloyd like this.
  9. Town Drunk

Town Drunk Longest serving ASFN lurker

10. AZCrazy

AZCrazy Registered

Don't pretend both parties wouldn't slash you, me, and their mothers to take power. There is no "They".

Finito and BigRedRage like this.
  11. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

I believe voters who might go Dem would've been much more compelled to go Dem, if the Dems simply allowed Trump to be Trump, all the while consistently pointing out and confronting him on his fascist antics...
    A failed impeachment process will only serve to embolden Trump and all his minions. While also further painting the Dems as a hapless, mislead bunch of baffoons..
    This will not end well for the Dems... and I actually believe Pelosi knows it. If she were 10 years younger, I am certain she would not have caved. But, in the twilight of her career, she seems to be willing to toss the ill-fated hail-mary...

elindholm likes this.
  12. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Dems would knock you outta the way, Republicans would stab you, take your money, and then blow up national parks. There are gradations.

13. Ouchie-Z-Clown

So you’re argument to make the Dems appear strong is for them to . . . do nothing? Ah yeah, lemme know how that’s gonna work. This at least shows that the Dems won’t tolerate the BS and puts the onus squarely on the reps to either run a governmentally feasible investigation or to overtly ignore public pleas for accountability. Seems in your view the dems are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. At least in this scenario they are standing up to the bullies instead of turtling and hoping the people come to their rescue.

Russ Smith and Absolute Zero like this.
  14. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

The Dems didn't tolerate Kavanaugh... They didn't tolerate Russia and the collusion... How'd that turn out for them?
    Trump is as dirty as any politician we have ever known. And, I would go so far as to suggest that if he were a Dem, and it was the GOP initiating impeachment, he'd be toast... But the Dems? Good grief.

And I'm not at all suggesting the Dems "do nothing," or "turtle." As I said above, they could continue to call him out and confront every one of his misdeeds. They could and should find their footing and their voice, and consistently speak to America and the world, pointing out all of the grotesque implications of Trump's actions. They should be able to paint an horrific picture of what Trump has and continues to create, placing it all in historical context that would show just how radically dangerous and reckless he is... and what the repercussions, now and in the future are/will be... There is enough material right now to hang this guy in the court of public opinion. But I just don't believe a failed impeachment will provide any sort of benefit for the Dems... quite the opposite.

15. stewdog1

stewdog1 Registered

The dems are Wile E Coyote. They will smack into the wall. Again...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

82CardsGrad likes this.