If you Could Change 1 thing in all of Cardinal History ....

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
that didn't involve simply winning or changing the outcome of a game, what would you have liked to have happened differently, or preferred they had done or not done differently?

I thought this would be fun and bring back a lot of interesting thoughts and fun memories.

Mine is too big of a change so will save it for later in the thread.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Kurts pick six. Halftime Super Bowl.
The worst 14 point turn around in super bowl history. Take away the play and we beat them easily as we should have. God, I hate the Steelers and have since the 1970s.

Speaking of teams I hate, here is my top 3.
1. Steelers
2. Yankees
3. Notre Dame

Honorable Mention: Anything and everything associated with the state of Texas

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that didn't involve simply winning or changing the outcome of a game, what would you have liked to have happened differently, or preferred they had done or not done differently?

I thought this would be fun and bring back a lot of interesting thoughts and fun memories.

Mine is too big of a change so will save it for later in the thread.
Signing Joe Willie.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
Kurts pick six. Halftime Super Bowl.
I counter. Picking Levi Brown over AP was the worst mistake the Cardinals have ever made, and boy there's a lot of 'em. I'd say if they take AP, they're in the playoffs in his rookie year, and they win the Super Bowl in '08. Cards were the worst running team in '08, which is why they passed on that play over handing the ball off. If we have AP, there's no question.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Not drafting Adrian Peterson, everything else would have probably been a rose garden to such an extent that worrying about one pick off in just one Super Bowl would not even be worth mentioning when you are playing in a couple and winning a few championships... yeah, Adrian Peterson in his prime was that good to shift the odds in your favor

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Promising to draft Aaron Rodgers and taking Antrel Rolle instead.
for all the Levi Brown over AP, this is a far, far, far worse draft mistake

alternate history had they took AP over Levi: It gives the Cardinals a killer run game, enough to make Matt Leinart look functional. Warner never sees the field and retires. Leinarts lack of prep limits how good they get and Cards top out at 7-8 wins per season, never go to the Superbowl.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That the team never left St. Louis.
I’m a hardcore baseball Cardinal fan, so I loved it when the football birds were in St. Louis. But, because of the Bidwill family being horrible owners, they were always treated like the red headed stepchild in St. Louis. I wish the Cardinals moved to Baltimore instead of Phoenix. I’d have season tickets for sure!!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bottom line, we’d all be significantly happier if the Bidwills were never given permission to purchase the Cardinals.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Mine I have mentioned in another post a past time or two, but it is that they ever decided to move the Cards to AZ. I always wanted us to have a new franchise team we could call our very own and watch grow over the years. To me it was always like being given leftovers that no one else wanted to have been gifted a losing team like the Cardinals.

Sorry long time Cards fans, don't mean to be insulting to the longtime Cards fan base, I just like fresh new things to build on.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The single biggest hit this franchise took IMO was probably the hip of Lomax. I suspect Rosenbach would have been a good not great QB if not for his injury but Neil was a pro bowl QB lost way too early.

Take Louis Lipps over Clyde Duncan. we probably win the division that year. Who knows but it might have played a role in the collapse of that team although it was mostly due to drug use.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Just to be different, how about PP not muffing a punt return against the Panthers in the NFC championship game, when we had a chance to climb back into it.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
The worst 14 point turn around in super bowl history. Take away the play and we beat them easily as we should have. God, I hate the Steelers and have since the 1970s.

Speaking of teams I hate, here is my top 3.
1. Steelers
2. Yankees
3. Notre Dame

Honorable Mention: Anything and everything associated with the state of Texas
Well **** went from the runningest oc in the NFL to the passingest hc in the NFL. You can blame Kurt. But should not have been passing at the end of the half period. After edge carried the worse team ever in the playoffs through the playoffs. 9 freaking ruNing back carries in a Super Bowl! Stupidest crap I ever seen. Same thing in 09 saints blow out playoff loss 10 rb carries after tht started with a 80 yard TD - so in recent history change, I would have gave Dennis Green another year with his draft picks- never seen a good of reason not too, just the crown their asses talk?

Other historical change - the 1926 Pottsville championship curse. would have shared the championship

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave