If we want to beat Green Bay

Reaction score
We know we are not going to run against them so what do we do? What ever happened to the quick out to the wide receiver which is usually just as good as a run. Why do we never use screen passes, or draw plays when they are going to blitz us hard. Why is it we have to throw down the field 15 yards fully aware that without Fitz both Q and Johnson are being doubled. In the Chicago game Leinard use the quick 3 step drop and got rid of the ball, no so in the Raider Game. My point is we need to do these things to offset the 8 or 9 in the box which you know is going to happen. Just curious on you guys thoughts.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why do we never use screen passes, or draw plays when they are going to blitz us hard.

During the course of the last few years I have actually seen some plays which look somewhat like an attempt to run a draw or execute a screen pass. Based on the results, pretty easy to see why they don't.

Can you say "2nd and long"?

After screen or draw, can you say "3rd and real long"?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the way that this line is performing, we should be out of the shotgun 75% of the time. Yes, that means that we would also be passing the ball 75% of the time, but it is about time that we play to our strengths.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the way that this line is performing, we should be out of the shotgun 75% of the time. Yes, that means that we would also be passing the ball 75% of the time, but it is about time that we play to our strengths.

I have been saying this for weeks. Just pick one formation and show the defense 7-10 different looks out of that formation.

Running every single time with a 2 TE set gives the defense way to much info.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been saying this for weeks. Just pick one formation and show the defense 7-10 different looks out of that formation.

No Abomb we're setting them up so later in the season when we're jockeying for homefield advantage in the playoffs we can play action and throw to Wakefield.

:D

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You can't just pick any formation though. If we picked the 2 TE formation that NE likes to run for example, Rackers could come close to breaking the record again. We have to choose a formation that has worked for us in the past. Our best formation IMO is the hurry up, shotgun formation.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't just pick any formation though. If we picked the 2 TE formation that NE likes to run for example, Rackers could come close to breaking the record again. We have to choose a formation that has worked for us in the past. Our best formation IMO is the hurry up, shotgun formation.

I would be fine with the formation you suggested. :)