If We Had our Choice Today in the '23 Draft, Which of These Player/Positions would you Pick?

If These were the top rated players to choose from, who would you pick for the Cardinals?

• Peter Skoronski, OT/G, Northwestern

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Myles Murphy, DE/DT, Clemson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Will Anderson, DE/OLB, Alabama

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Jaelyn Duncan, OT, Maryland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It appears many have thrown in the towel this season and are already considering the '23 draft. If that is the case, another throw away season for the Cards, let's jump to next year and think about who to draft and why. Here are some top choices if we were to pick in the top 4-8 range of the draft, with QBs excluded. As you can see, I tried to vary the positions of possible needs.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't vote, but probably a toss up between Carter and Murphy at this point.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Skoronski if he can play RT.

Jalen Carter easily otherwise.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I selected Skoronski simply because the team doesn't even have enough players under contract to fill an Oline in 2023. Even though Hudson is under contract in 2023, does anyone believe he will return next season? With Hudson not counted, the team has four Olinemen under contract.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I went with Carter because I feel he is the can't miss player and I am very much of the mindset of building your team from the inside out. I would not complain though if we took Skoronski, although I have a fear regarding drafting an OL early based on our track record over the years.

As much as we need good OL players like a Skoronski and think the odds would say trade back for more OL picks and pick several OLmen hoping one or more work out as starters.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Depends where we pick and who we resign.

Jalen Carter is great but he wins a lot on power and he won't have that advantage in the NFL. Likely takes him a few years to adjust like many iDL.

I'd say Skoronski.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I went with Anderson. Having a big time speed rusher would REALLY help this defense. Personally, I proritize QB, OT, Edge, so unless the Cardinals want to replace Humphries, I'm going with Anderson since I think Josh Jones can hold his own at RT next year.