If Rosen is named starter

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think the Cards should release Checkdown Sam immediately. I’m dead serious.

1) Naming #3 the starter signals the franchise sees the reality of the inevitable (a poor losing season) & the future is now.

2) takes some pressure off of Josh to succeed at a high level because we all know rookie QBs play will be up & down. He can learn without worrying about getting g pulled.

3) Bradford probably lost any confidence in himself after that last turnover due to play, health or whatever else is in his mind. Imo he’s mentally toast after yesterday if he wasn’t before

4) saves the team $230k per game he is active.

Flame away :mrgreen:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I'm not convinced Rosen will last the year without getting hurt.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

1) Naming #3 the starter signals the franchise sees the reality of the inevitable (a poor losing season) & the future is now.

2) takes some pressure off of Josh to succeed at a high level because we all know rookie QBs play will be up & down. He can learn without worrying about getting g pulled.

3) Bradford probably lost any confidence in himself after that last turnover due to play, health or whatever else is in his mind. Imo he’s mentally toast after yesterday if he wasn’t before

I just posted this at the same time in a different thread. I'd cut Bradford and save the money. No way Bradford is on the team next year at $25M

I'm fine with Glennon as a backup and Kanoff on the practice squad. It's not like the Cards are a playoff contender this year.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

Agree.That way Kanoff can carry the clipboard as 3rd QB and Cards can sign another QB for PS to see if worth developing.Bradford can see if anyone else is interested in him or he can hang it up.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree.That way Kanoff can carry the clipboard as 3rd QB and Cards can sign another QB for PS to see if worth developing.Bradford can see if anyone else is interested in him or he can hang it up.

There is no need to take Kanoff off the PS. Leave him there and keep poaching WRs off of someone else's PS till you find a decent one.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I'm not convinced Rosen will last the year without getting hurt.

Would it really matter if Rosen did get hurt? Would you like to see Bradford back in there if Rosen got hurt? I rather see Glennon at that point because I think he would at least throw the ball down field every now or then. I'm not knocking your post, just saying I don't want to see Bradford again no matter what.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
There is no need to take Kanoff off the PS. Leave him there and keep poaching WRs off of someone else's PS till you find a decent one.
exactly this... cutting SB opens up that roster spot for a non qb player.

they might still get some low level trade action for him if we were to fire mccoy...blame it on the OC and Bradford doesnt look so bad.....but we just decided to go with the rook since our season is already toast
there are those in the nfl who will believe that mccoy is/was the issue and not bradford....
its worth a call to the Niners and the dolts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson