If Rackers hadn't missed

Reaction score
If Rackers hadn't missed that field goal Monday and we had won, do you think the OC change would still have been made? Would ANY changes have been made? I for one am glad we have a different OC now, and I think we will be much better off in the long run with this change. As much as I would have liked to have gotten a W in that game, I think we will total more W's this year because of what happened.

Burg72

Registered
Reaction score
Who knows if Rowan would have still been fired. Just like the QB change two years ago, even though we were still winning, we weren't scoring enough points, therefore the change was made. I think we still might of seen a change. I guess we will never know.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We need to see what coach K does in a game before we say this move has done anything to help. Especially saying it would give us more wins.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The miss may turn out to be a blessing in disguise or it may turn out to be just another bad loss.

I'm optimistic (of course) on Kruczek but I'm hearing the RIGHT things from him. I hope his words aren't just words and turn in to action. If so, then the miss will be the turning point of this franchise.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We need to see what coach K does in a game before we say this move has done anything to help. Especially saying it would give us more wins.

If this guy falls on his face and somehow ends up screwing up all the progress Leinarts been making we may end up missing Rowen enormously. I'm going to wait and see. What I'm hoping for is a little less conservative playcalling but not some kind of stupid freewheeling crap thats going to make Leinart look like Plummer in 99.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If Rackers hadn't missed that FG the Bears would have managed to drive back down the field and kick a FG as time expired to win 27-26.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Rackers hadn't missed that FG the Bears would have managed to drive back down the field and kick a FG as time expired to win 27-26.

Sad thing is you are probably absolutely correct.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this guy falls on his face and somehow ends up screwing up all the progress Leinarts been making we may end up missing Rowen enormously. I'm going to wait and see. What I'm hoping for is a little less conservative playcalling but not some kind of stupid freewheeling crap thats going to make Leinart look like Plummer in 99.

I don't think Leinart had any rapport with Rowen anyhow. Every single break on the sidelines, Leinart, Warner and Kruczek talked in both the KC and Chicago games. I think now Kruczek is the OC, Warner is basically the QB coach.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad thing is you are probably absolutely correct.

You know, I really doubt it. Grossman looked as bad as any QB I've ever seen play against the Cards. But, with our luck, a pass would've probably bounced right off the hands of two of our defenders and to Muhammad to set up a 58 yd FG that their kicker makes by bouncing off the crossbar. After we are called for offsides of course.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, I really doubt it. Grossman looked as bad as any QB I've ever seen play against the Cards. But, with our luck, a pass would've probably bounced right off the hands of two of our defenders and to Muhammad to set up a 58 yd FG that their kicker makes by bouncing off the crossbar. After we are called for offsides of course.

Come on aj. Thats exactly how it would have happened. :bang:

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score

Actually no, if Rackers had made the FG, the special teams would have given up thier 2nd TD of the night on the kick off return.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Leinart had any rapport with Rowen anyhow. Every single break on the sidelines, Leinart, Warner and Kruczek talked in both the KC and Chicago games. I think now Kruczek is the OC, Warner is basically the QB coach.

Rowen was upstairs though so to talk to him Matt would need a headset and they did show him talking in the headset.

I know Matt said the first start he basically only talked to Kruczek and Warner on the sideline, he was so focussed nobody else talked to him. That wasn't the case against Chicago. Pretty amazing 2nd start of his career and they already trust him enough to not be afraid of making him nervous.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score

He should be hired for that job after he retires.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson