If Cards Take a QB

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Even if some top QB prospects will likely be on the board when the Cards pick in round 1, surely they won’t take a QB. That said two factors May occasion a later QB selection. McCoy is showing signs of slowing down. There are also increasing concerns whether Murray is the Cards long term future.

This is a fairly deep QB pool with the flashy choices gone, the Cards probably will look for a Brady-type player who possess both the skills and determination to drive a team to success. In my mind that description is best fulfilled by Jake Haener. The Fresno QB is not a great physical specimen. He stands only 6’1”. He is, however, a fine athlete with a solid arm and good mobility. Most importantly he has the leadership skills to direct a team to win. There are other options, but this is the guy that’s jumped out at me.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Even if some top QB prospects will likely be on the board when the Cards pick in round 1, surely they won’t take a QB. That said two factors May occasion a later QB selection. McCoy is showing signs of slowing down. There are also increasing concerns whether Murray is the Cards long term future.

This is a fairly deep QB pool with the flashy choices gone, the Cards probably will look for a Brady-type player who possess both the skills and determination to drive a team to success. In my mind that description is best fulfilled by Jake Haener. The Fresno QB is not a great physical specimen. He stands only 6’1”. He is, however, a fine athlete with a solid arm and good mobility. Most importantly he has the leadership skills to direct a team to win. There are other options, but this is the guy that’s jumped out at me.
I mentioned in another thread they should look for a 3rd/4th rounder with good potential. Someone who can backup Colt and/or Murray if/when Colt retires, worst case scenario.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What round do you think he’d be still available?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The backup QB the dozen or so fans in stadium rooting for in game 6 of 2023 to keep another lost season alive is the stuff Cardinals fans are born for...

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score

ditto, I was going to go back and watch their bowl game from yesterday. I didn't know Haener wasn't taller than that though.

I feel we gotta get a better backup than Colt if we are serious about winning. Murray isn't go to stay healthy game after game over the next 4 years. Is he?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose