Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah but that’s your assumption as the worst possible reading. He’s pretty much been nothing but a total professional during his time here and Houston before.

Even after we didn’t adjust his contract following the PED suspension.
We don't know what the truth is.

I'm not necessarily a proponent of trading him away for the sake of it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The whole point of this is that he can handle a WR1 role, not that he's going to get 170 targets. And he's done that. He put 140 on Aaron Ramsey. The ONLY reason he needed so many targets to do that was because Kyler couldn't throw past 10 yards.

When the offense doesn't suck, and Kyler doesn't have the lowest YPA in the league he won't need 17 targets and 14 reception to get 140 yards.

His 10.6 YPA last year was the lowest of his career. With an even average Kyler and his YPA even a paltry 12 yards per attempt he could hit 1400 yards on 120 targets.
So was it normal WR1 volume or not?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It just sucks that so many of our players have played so well for other teams. When we finally draft the 'right' player, we seem to always find some way to 'lose' him to another team after or right before he blossoms into what you expected of him when you drafted or traded for him.

I don't know what to attribute that to except coaching at the root levels. Either that or it's a motivation problem such as something toxic in our facility or existence. There is obviously something missing in the experience of being a Cardinal. Maybe that is just winning in general. Maybe it is just too hard to maintain a winning attitude when being here for a while.

Reminds me of the time a teammate asked me right before a game if I thought we could beat this team. I literally froze like I was hit by a stun gun. I not only had never had a thought like that, I didn't realize other players ever had.

I went into every game or individual competition not just assuming but knowing I would win. There were times when I didn't, and it shocked the heck out of me and motivated me to fix the 'problem' immediately. Losing just wasn't acceptable to me or the group of friends I grew up playing ball with, and it cut really deep when it ever happened. We really used to chew each other out immediately when we ever lost. Losing really SUCKS.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Although I don't want to move him, I think it's the right move, especially if we can get some solid compensation, like at least a 2nd round pick.

If we're talking a third or something... then I start thinking it's maybe not the best move.

I'd want a 2nd and a 4th.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With an unsustainable volume because he was literally the only target in the passing game. Remember how awesome everyone felt the early-season offense was?

Let’s get more of that, yeah?
Brown was literally NOT the only target - Ertz was healthy for the first six games when Brown was in and Hopkins was out. (Perhaps you forgot what "literally" means.)

And the offense was so much better with Hopkins and without Brown in games 7-12?

What's your point exactly?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems I’m in the minority when it comes to wanting to keep Hop. He is so freaking good…like worth at least 2-3 wins by himself kinda good.

Why is this a good idea again?
I love Hopkins and having him on the Cards. But the team went 2-4 without him in games 1-6, and 2-4 with Hopkins & without Brown in games 7-12 before Murray got hurt. :shrug:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
this is less about Hop the specific player and more about timing

with the collapse of the roster last year and Murray's injury -- the "window" is closed until 2024 at the earliest

As good as Hop is, he is on the wrong side of age/contract for a closed window

the team will miss him next year, but its just the way it is

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
170 targets? Of course not. But that was never the point.

The point was he can handle a WR1 duties and load. Because he has.
Okay, because you said that kind of volume was normal for a WR1. So you’re saying you’re wrong about that.

And he was handling those duties on a bad offense until he got hurt. Is that right?

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t know. Is that right? Why do you continually try to trip him, and others, up?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sticking with the Gaints at 57 and something like our 5th for their 4th.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love Hopkins and having him on the Cards. But the team went 2-4 without him in games 1-6, and 2-4 with Hopkins & without Brown in games 7-12 before Murray got hurt. :shrug:

Yeah I see the other side of the argument, but do people remember how ugly our offense was without him? The year before last when we made the playoffs we were a legit threat until he got injured against the Rams in Dec.

Regarding last year, I can’t lie, we were a train wreck even with him on the field. Sadly we never really got to see the Hopkins and brown duo.

I totally get the logic of trading him while he still has value, but man, losing elite talent just to acquire more draft picks is such a gamble.

I guess a silver lining is if we can get a second in return, at the end of the day that’s basically what we gave up to get him in his prime.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave