I think we all need to chill...

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think it is way too early to judge David Boston's departure.

Also it is way too early to judge the free agency period.

As has been posted before we didn't sign Jones and Starks until a couple weeks after they left the initial meetings.

So we have not signed everyone the first day they showed up. That is not a surprise to me.

Hopefully we sign Colvin, hopefully we get Stewart or Blake.

It's way too early to flip a lid and turn into a board full of Chicken Little's.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Of course history will tell us who's right, but man if Arizona can't do anything. Seriously, players we "want" leaving town without an offer? I read on ESPN that Graves admitted the Kordell offer was a reaction to Chicago losing out on Plummer. What sort of a message does that send to a guy we "want" We don't want to pay you unless we have to. What, another team is interested? Here's our offer...... It is a total lack of organization or planning right now. CHAOS!!!!!

And I think fliping a lid is warranted given the past week in the organization. It has been passive and feeble at best.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Personaly, im not counting on us signing any big names this year... But I do believe we will have one of the better drafts in the NFL... We have many holes to fill and I thinkw e will draft the right people to fill those holes.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Name one person that has signed that the organization was actively pursuing?

azdeftone

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They got starks and jones cause nobody else wanted them!! They went out and now one would sign them for **** so they came back and took the money here.. By the way how did those two play last season.... yeah great deals there.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardinalChris
Do you mean Arizona's organization or one organization in the NFL who got their guys?

Arizona.

I know other teams have got guys they wanted. Like Washington and San Diego. Its called tampering, but I guess if your not cheating your not trying.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Go

Originally posted by azdeftone
They got starks and jones cause nobody else wanted them!! They went out and now one would sign them for **** so they came back and took the money here.. By the way how did those two play last season.... yeah great deals there.

Yeah, the Raiders didn't want Starks, the Ravens did not want him back. :rolleyes: Starks looked good when he was healthy, granted that was a problem. But knowing you like to make excuses for Jake ( no running game, bad line), I'll give one for Starks: No pass rush hung him and the rest of the corners out to dry. Jones would have had a better year if Plummer would have thrown him the ball. Hard to catch a pass that is not thrown to you.

adam
________
MEDICAL MARIJAUNA DISPENSERY

Last edited:
OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by azdeftone

Are you wearing a Plummer Jersey right now?

How long before you start posting at the Bronco's Board?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
Arizona.

I know other teams have got guys they wanted. Like Washington and San Diego. Its called tampering, but I guess if your not cheating your not trying.

Wow - P.I. KOC is on the case! And Bill Bidwill's a racist!

azdeftone

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe if Jones could run a route and get open he would get the ball and if he catches the ones in his hands maybe they would have gone to him more often. As far as Starks he did play well most of the time when healthy and yeah our pass rush screwed him but are you sure he was injured all the time??? Maybe he just nursed injuries not to play on a poopy D and look really bad.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Arizona.

I think team overpay for guys they want, BUT YOU HAVE TO IN FREE AGENCY. The Kordell rumor is scary!! We offer because he might get another offer first? That's horrible. Teams that got/probably will get what they want?

Washington-too many to list
Buf-Spikes
San diego-Boston
Denver-Plummer and gardner

And I am at work and doing something else. Team win when they evaluate talent and go get that talent. Arizona just doesn't seem interested in getting talent. They seem content to taking the leftovers 6 weeks after Free Agency begins. Can't win that way

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
Wow - P.I. KOC is on the case! And Bill Bidwill's a racist!

Snyder spent the week of the combine taking agents to dinner, and then signs 9 guys in two days?

Open your eyes fool.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals Chris - if you're going to

come on here with this crap:

I read on ESPN that Graves admitted the Kordell offer was a reaction to Chicago losing out on Plummer.

give us a link, please. Locally, Rod Graves has never said that.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardinalChris
I think team overpay for guys they want, BUT YOU HAVE TO IN FREE AGENCY. The Kordell rumor is scary!! We offer because he might get another offer first? That's horrible. Teams that got/probably will get what they want?

Washington-too many to list
Buf-Spikes
San diego-Boston
Denver-Plummer and gardner

And I am at work and doing something else. Team win when they evaluate talent and go get that talent. Arizona just doesn't seem interested in getting talent. They seem content to taking the leftovers 6 weeks after Free Agency begins. Can't win that way

I think teams negotiate illegally w/agents prior to free ageny officially beginning. That is my point.

None of the guys we brought in have signed. I wonder if they are screaming and yelling in Chicago because they haven't signed these guys during the initial meeting.

We have had a bad week. That is all it is. First the rollercoaster w/KDUS and Stewart. Then Jake and Boston. Obviously the offseason can only get better. Right?

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, we haven't lost any FAs yet. Graves said on the radio that we have the most $$$ and people will wait around.

Until Colvin, Okeafor et al. sign elsewhere, I'll chill.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by jw7
Hey, we haven't lost any FAs yet. Graves said on the radio that we have the most $$$ and people will wait around.

Until Colvin, Okeafor et al. sign elsewhere, I'll chill.

That is what I was trying to say. :thumbup:

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Re: Cardinals Chris - if you're going to

Originally posted by Skkorpion
come on here with this crap:

give us a link, please. Locally, Rod Graves has never said that.

On ESPN insider and I don't appreciate you calling it crap simply because you didn't read it. Truth? Don't know, but again why are the guy we want getting no offers from us? Why did Kordell get the offer after Jake signed? I'll copy and paste the quote tonight at home.

But again, No need for you to call my post crap.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand the value of not rushing to judgement, but puhleez!

We've been told to be patient before, only to be disappointed later.

Remember the manana pitch we were given before the club "fixed" its O-Line problems by re-signing Dexter, Wolf and Joyce?

I say let's pull in the fangs, but keep up the pressure. Let the Cardinal brass know we're upset and concerned. There needs to be a sense of urgency in the Cardinal front office.

Maybe it's just that we're not inside the doors to witness what hopefully is a lot more activity than we know about. But I for one am tired of sitting back and watching events continue to victimize us.

RLakin

All Star
Reaction score

Hey that's the name of the game. Do you really think Jerry Rice and Tim Brown signed 6 year extensions w/ the Raiders with intentions of playing into their late 40's.

And I really grow tired of comments about the Cardinals taking stances on principle, because principles get you no where when 30 other teams are dealing in a fashion that 2 other organizations are not.

Is the franchise tag supposed to be a negociating tool?

Yes, but the reality is that not many use it that way. Buffalo w/ Peerless Price is a prime example. Like Boston, Price would have a deal with Atlanta right now if it weren't for the franchise tag. Ditto for Aeneas Williams 2 years ago. The Cardinals knew the market for Aeneas then just like they should have known the market for Boston now. It's inexcusable. And save your organizational investigations for the draft. Teams sign free agents that they're either:

A: familiar with, ex: Colvin and Detroit
B: fit their system because/or past history, ex: McCleon w/ KC
C: huge needs, ex: Colvin (20 sacks over 2 seasons) and Arizona, (average of 20 sacks per last 2 seasons.)

Bottom line is if your not prepared to play the game the way the rest of the world is, sell your team and do something else. And stop pretending the main goal is winning when all your doing is whining about what it takes to get there.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Is signing guys to ridiculously long contracts that you have no intention of honoring tampering? I don't think so.

I am not against tampering, screw morals and rules, the NFL is cutthroat. Though if the Cards tried it I am sure they would get caught.

I also don't think you can be accused of tampering during contract negotiations w/your own players. ie Brown and Rice.

My post you quoted was talking about tampering not franchise tags. I missed the reason you quoted me?

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by RLakin
Just using the latter portion of your sentence to transition into a take of my own. Nothing more.

Gotcha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA