I think Najee Harris is in play.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am basing this solely off a hunch, but also off some tidbits the Cardinals have been putting out.

1. Kyler recently mentioned wanting some input on who we draft. What better way to improve play action and RPO opportunities than having a 230 lb back thundering at the defense.
2. Need to help the defense-Can be interpreted as helping by keeping the defense fresh through longer time consuming drives by a run heavy offense.
3. Win now mode-1st round running backs historically have made an impact year 1.
4. Najee is super talented, hasn’t been hurt, and is a top notch person.
5. I just think a super talented running back is still a really cool position on the team regardless of positional value.
6. Alabama running backs translate really well at the next level.
7. I love the Crimson Tide!!

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am basing this solely off a hunch, but also off some tidbits the Cardinals have been putting out.

1. Kyler recently mentioned wanting some input on who we draft. What better way to improve play action and RPO opportunities than having a 230 lb back thundering at the defense.
2. Need to help the defense-Can be interpreted as helping by keeping the defense fresh through longer time consuming drives by a run heavy offense.
3. Win now mode-1st round running backs historically have made an impact year 1.
4. Najee is super talented, hasn’t been hurt, and is a top notch person.
5. I just think a super talented running back is still a really cool position on the team regardless of positional value.
6. Alabama running backs translate really well at the next level.
7. I love the Crimson Tide!!
Trent Richardson

But I wouldn’t be mad at the pick. But didn’t we sign the Pittsburg runningback?

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Trent Richardson

But I wouldn’t be mad at the pick. But didn’t we sign the Pittsburg runningback?

I know you are not saying this here, but I think the people who are wary and comparing Najee to Trent Richardson are about as far off as they can get. Najee has a much bigger frame at 6’2” and is far more elusive. But Richardson was taken high in a totally different time, and frankly he never should have been. If he had gone somewhere where he could have been coached and had a better athletic training program he may have had a different career. I also don’t think his “minor knee surgery” in 2012 was anywhere near as minor as he claimed and I am certain there are plenty of doctors willing to fudge paperwork for an Alabama star trying to get drafted. For a price of course.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
F
I know you are not saying this here, but I think the people who are wary and comparing Najee to Trent Richardson are about as far off as they can get. Najee has a much bigger frame at 6’2” and is far more elusive. But Richardson was taken high in a totally different time, and frankly he never should have been. If he had gone somewhere where he could have been coached and had a better athletic training program he may have had a different career. I also don’t think his “minor knee surgery” in 2012 was anywhere near as minor as he claimed and I am certain there are plenty of doctors willing to fudge paperwork for an Alabama star trying to get drafted. For a price of course.
Fwiw, Richardson failed because of the person he was, not the player he was.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not real high on Harris.

He is too slow for my liking, but he will definitely be better than James Conner, so if it would keep him off the field and it keeps us from drafting Collins I almost would accept the idea.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'd be a happy guy.

I have a feeling that we'll be sitting here in October wishing we had a Najee Harris that's looking amazing for another team while we watch the 3rd or 4th CB off the board get burned, or a 3rd or 4th WR get 2 targets, or an ILB sit behind Hicks, though.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Najee brings size, speed, and vision. He will wear down defenses & oh by the way, he’s a phenomenal pass blocker. I still think we’ll go WR in round 1, but I’d be perfectly fine taking Harris at 16. Yes, he’s a difference maker.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seems like a really good dude & hard worker after watching his road to pros videos.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be a happy guy.

I have a feeling that we'll be sitting here in October wishing we had a Najee Harris that's looking amazing for another team while we watch the 3rd or 4th CB off the board get burned, or a 3rd or 4th WR get 2 targets, or an ILB sit behind Hicks, though.
And then by 2026, he’s on his 2nd team playing on a moderate level while the same CB we draft will still be on our team playing at a high level.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, we’d continue our off-season of not adding speed to any area of the offense or defense? Okay.

I won’t be super stoked if this is what we do, but I’d be happier than with the third or fourth corner, who both have big warts, IMO.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And then by 2026, he’s on his 2nd team playing on a moderate level while the same CB we draft will still be on our team playing at a high level.

yeah we want to build a winner now I think everyone is on board with Playoffs or bust this year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Najee brings size, speed, and vision. He will wear down defenses & oh by the way, he’s a phenomenal pass blocker. I still think we’ll go WR in round 1, but I’d be perfectly fine taking Harris at 16. Yes, he’s a difference maker.

he does not bring speed. A 4.57 hand timed 40 is slow.

not saying he won’t be a good back, but he’s not fast.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am not real high on Harris.

He is too slow for my liking, but he will definitely be better than James Conner, so if it would keep him off the field and it keeps us from drafting Collins I almost would accept the idea.

Posts like this is confusing to me when other posts (at least one), says he brings size, speed, and vision. Which is it? Speed or no speed?
So, to you, what is too slow? (I don't know his pro day numbers and how they compare) . :)

Edit :
Sorry, I posted before I saw your answer to PACardsFan.