I take it back about Kyler's 2nd INT

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
ill amend my earlier post

1. that ball has to go to the "Z" in the endzone rather than inside the five ( man do NFL players cover ground)
2. Ball was a tick late, but even late -- 1 still applies

you hate to see the late stuff, but for a third year QB, i can live with the occasional "right read, but a little late". It has to be the exception rather than the rule

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KM still threw that ball too late. Even if not hit, I think the DB at the top gets to the ball for an Int or delivers a bone crushing hit to break up the pass.

I actually don't think so it's a tick late yes but I agree with Kyler if he's not hit on the throw in the face that's a TD or an incompletion that nobody can catch. you can see the wobble on the throw as it comes out because of the collison.

Side question is that you in the picture or is Mick Cronin posting from your account!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ill amend my earlier post

1. that ball has to go to the "Z" in the endzone rather than inside the five ( man do NFL players cover ground)
2. Ball was a tick late, but even late -- 1 still applies

you hate to see the late stuff, but for a third year QB, i can live with the occasional "right read, but a little late". It has to be the exception rather than the rule
Yea I think Kirk would have caught in the endzone. Thats why Kyler was climbing the pocket.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I actually don't think so it's a tick late yes but I agree with Kyler if he's not hit on the throw in the face that's a TD or an incompletion that nobody can catch. you can see the wobble on the throw as it comes out because of the collison.

Side question is that you in the picture or is Mick Cronin posting from your account!
Crazy how that one play changed the rest of the game.

He would have had more TD passes (4)than incompletions (3), 376 yards passing through 3 Qrts and we'd been able to run/use play action the rest of the way.

Could have easily been player of the week if not for the face mask.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Are you actually looking at the screen shot Brit provided, Kirk is wide open. More so than the mood shot from KM against the Titans or the 4th and 5 play where Kirk caught the ball at the 5. KM has his head turned by a facemask while throwing the ball, of course it impacted the trajectory and velocity on the ball.
I think this is where stills become dangerous. It does look that way, but you watch the video above and those two defenders are much closer than you’d expect from the still. That said the still does look like Kirk is going to be open. Whether the throw would’ve been on time or in the right place is still open to question imo, but I’m willing to give kyler the benefit of the doubt that he claims the face mask caused the interception. Also, I’m not mad at his confidence.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bottom line is that the INT should have been overturned due to the facemask(or hands to the face) that should have been called. ;)
100%. And I thought it was pretty blatant. Really surprised that was missed.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

@Shane ‘s face. Lost avatar bet. 76 days to go..

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you don’t have to get rid of it right at 76 days you can keep it longer if you wish

And someone said JJ Watt was an attention prostitute.. He can't hold @Shane 's jock

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This "True View" - which is pretty cool! - clearly shows how open Kirk was, and leaves little doubt that the play would've likely been a TD had the pass been on target. The play starts at the 3:08 mark.

...dave

Nice find Dave. You can see from that video just how open Kirk is. Kyler is trying to put this on the Z of Arizona but the mask tug messes up his action and it drops short. Shame because it would have been a thing of beauty.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This "True View" - which is pretty cool! - clearly shows how open Kirk was, and leaves little doubt that the play would've likely been a TD had the pass been on target. The play starts at the 3:08 mark.

...dave
That’s a great find. All the plays are really interesting to see develop with that. I still think kyler throws it a tad bit late and the backside defender may have been in place to make the play rather than the front defender who makes the pick. But it’s a lot closer to being a TD than it has looked in any other view.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a great find. All the plays are really interesting to see develop with that. I still think kyler throws it a tad bit late and the backside defender may have been in place to make the play rather than the front defender who makes the pick. But it’s a lot closer to being a TD than it has looked in any other view.
Yeah, in the perfect world the ball is already in the air in the still shot that @BritCard posted.

...dave

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Kyler was climbing the pocket to throw towards the back of the endzone. Im even more confident it was Chase who threw off DJ on this play. Sure it was a flag/unfortunate. However, it was the chip that sort of freed him from DJ.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I still think kyler throws it a tad bit late and the backside defender may have been in place to make the play rather than the front defender who makes the pick.
yep, but even late -- if that ball goes on a path just left of the goal post stanchion -- no way the safety coming over gets there

im feeling better about K1s choice there --

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im even more confident it was Chase who threw off DJ on this play. Sure it was a flag/unfortunate.
Looks like Conner, not Edmonds... though I'm not sure how he hurt Humphries' ability to block on the play.

...dave

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

...dave
The hole for Cook at the 1:07 is large enough that any of us could have ran for a first down. Wow.