I saw Finding Nemo today.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Decent good Pixar story. Nice animation. A few good jokes. My three year old enjoyed it. My eight year old found it funny. My wife and I were midly entertained by it. If you have kids it's a good movie to take the kids to. If you are an adult, unless you are an animation fan, I'd wait for the DVD.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked it as well. Very cute and funny!

My 8 year old LOVED it!

Audrey19

Hockey Addict
Reaction score
Finding Nemo made me chuckle at cute things. Monsters, Inc. made me laugh out loud several times. Both were enjoyable, but yeah I'd say Monsters, Inc. was better. :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Monsters Inc was more inventive, and Toy Story 2 was more accessible.

But Nemo was better than both Bug's Life and Toy Story 1. The voice casting was very good, and the underwater environment was simply stunning.

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
I finally saw this one yesterday. I liked it, but as the majority seems to go, I liked Monsters, Inc. better. As far as the voice casting in Finding Nemo, I agree that it was good, however I thought Albert Brooks was the weakest of them all. Dory was a fantastic sidekick and I don't think anyone could have done better than Ellen.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hate Ellen DeGeneres with the heat of 1000 suns.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love her comedy...she's one of the funniest people on the planet, IMO....

Mike

Audrey19

Hockey Addict
Reaction score
She's not my favorite actress, but her voice made Dory a great character.

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
Very few females can pull off stand-up comedy like Ellen does. Actually, Rosie O'Donnell used to be one of the few, but she lost her roots.

I agree Mike, Ellen is very funny.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob Chebat
Yeah, well, like a good number of people on this board, she probably hates you too.

I love hate!

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
I don't think you can compare it to Shrek based on the content. Shrek has more adult-oriented humor. I rate it against Ice Age for a closer gauge, and compared to that one, I'd say Nemo was better.

I'd place Antz and Shrek in the same category though, and Shrek definitely was the better of those two, although Antz was very good too.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brother loved this movie and said I had to go see it. He is a Dentist. After seeing the movie I now know why he loved it.

I thought it was OK. No where near Monsters Inc. I guess my expectations were a little high going into the movie.

I tought Ellen's character was the best part of the Movie.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MadCardDisease
My brother loved this movie and said I had to go see it. He is a Dentist. After seeing the movie I now know why he loved it.

I thought it was OK. No where near Monsters Inc. I guess my expectations were a little high going into the movie.

I tought Ellen's character was the best part of the Movie.

They both had better CGI than Shrek though, right Chap?

:D

Mike

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best movie of the summer. Pixar never cease to amaze me, although I'm a little skeptical of THE INCREDIBLES. It doesn't seem like the recipe for success that Pixar has used so well - taking a look at worlds we don't think of even existing. But, knowing the kind of work they do, it'll probably be great also.