I need to go camping

Discussion in 'Great Outdoors' started by Hollywood, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Stand down Contributor

Didn't know they started to allow swimming. Very cool!

2. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Jersey Girl likes this.
  3. Jersey Girl

We booked a few nights at the KOA in Flag this summer. My family camped when I was young. My grandparents had a camper, the small kind you hitch up to your pickup. We went to the local campground that had a lake and was about 15 minutes from our house. Nothing primitive about it, but that was fine by us. We liked getting ice cream at the shop each night.

Once I moved to AZ, I did a lot of primitive camping with my friends up on the Rim and at Seven Springs and Apache Lake. Those were good times. Haven't been camping in probably 8 years.

This will be my daughter's first camping trip. She's been wanting to go since she's seen it on Paw Patrol and Bluey. I think she'll be bummed about no camp fire, but we'll bring the propane grill. Looking forward to seeing the stars.

thirty-two, Ronin and Mainstreet like this.
  4. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Sounds awesome. If you want a campfire you could look into a portable propane fire pit. They're still allowed when traditional camp fires are banned. We got one from costco for $75. Not as good as the real thing, but better than nothing.

BigRedRage likes this.
  5. Jersey Girl

Cool. Thanks for the tip!

6. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

prepping for some knoll lake this weekend ;)

Got some new sweet LED lanterns since I broke my gas lantern offroading. Needed something more bump safe.

7. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

@MrYeahbut Might be camping NM with the misses next weekend. Been looking for an excuse to go there, buy fireworks and eat green chile. probably be hitting you up for some suggestions. Basically arrive friday night, sleep in the woods, do stuff all day saturday and head home sunday so not lots of time. I see the rio grande is there so assume I could hang at a river. I intend to see some local architecture, check out downtown areas or etc maybe but also see some awesome outdoor stuff. Albuquerque seems to be about5 hours away and sante fe an extra hour so I thought we may just be in Alb this time.

Suggestions for cool outdoors stuff, preferrably with water? spots on the rio verde? etc
    Bomb, fresh, local true NM food with heat to it?

Ill probably come back and I wouldnt mind being there for the hatch festival sometime.