I miss Scott Player

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Didn't think he should've been cut and still stand by that. He wouldn't have made that 20 yard punt and he would've called that timeout. I am done defending Rackers though, but we need TWO new kickers and a holder. This isn't all on Rackers.

I'm pissed. Great plays by this team today just spoiled because of STUPID mistakes. These teams have a habit of spoiling each other's seasons.

And I don't really blame Whiz, but I would've went for that half a yard with 6 seconds left.

:deadhorse2:Barr

Rackers
:deadhorse:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont. He sucked too.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I dont. He sucked too.
Nope. I disagreed with you last week and I completely disagree now after Barr proved me correct. Player sucked but not as much as Barr. He is just plain awful as a punter and as a holder.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
I dont. He sucked too.

40 yards at the end of games better than 20.

And he averaged 5.5 yards more per punt last year than Barr has this year. He was doing his job last year and didn't make silly mistakes.

Edit: closer to 4.5-5 more yards, my bad.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Barr has made some tackles this year. Player was a notorious nothing when it came to tackling. Make some friggin first downs so the punter never sees the field. That's what I say.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was supporting Barr somewhat, at least how he compared with uni-bar..
I will no longer support Barr... That is all.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Barr has made some tackles this year. Player was a notorious nothing when it came to tackling. Make some friggin first downs so the punter never sees the field. That's what I say.
So he made couple of tackles, big deal. It does not overshadow his suckiness in all other areas.

ThunderCard

Reaction score
Someone needs to be cut for this plain and simple ... Cut both .. Player is still avaialable after being released by Cleveland right ?

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
So you're saying Scott Player was a good punter? How? Please show your work.

You think 45.6 yards per punt is a bad thing? Beats most punters out there while Barr is one of the worst.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You think 45.6 yards per punt is a bad thing? Beats most punters out there while Barr is one of the worst.

Barr is the worst. The Cards are dead last in avg yards per punt.

Player was 12th last year, 8th in '05, and 11th in '04. Player was also selected to the Pro-Bowl in 2000.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
So you're saying Scott Player was a good punter? How? Please show your work.
Go to any football site and checkout the numbers. He not only has one of the losest averages, the shank today in OT was a beauty. I don't remember Player doing crap like that. In fact, I have seen many punts by Players pinned inside 20.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose