I love me some Rondale Moore thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wish I knew who posted a few weeks ago that Moore was a Steve Smith clone. At the time I said I wish, but now I'm almost convinced.
A few people were making that comp pre-draft. His Purdue tape certainly brought that to mind. His speed and strength are definitely reminiscent of smith. Now I want to see him score on some straight go routes where he just burns the defender like smith used to.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wish I knew who posted a few weeks ago that Moore was a Steve Smith clone. At the time I said I wish, but now I'm almost convinced.
that would be me. I originally compared him to Anquan Boldin and was calling him mini Q but after reflection I pivoted to Steve Smith... its a good comp but Rondale isn't nearly as mean as Steve lol

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
that would be me. I originally compared him to Anquan Boldin and was calling him mini Q but after reflection I pivoted to Steve Smith... its a good comp but Rondale isn't nearly as mean as Steve lol
I have felt the comp was a receiving-experienced Darren Sproles. I didn't see him as the outside WR that Steve Smith and Tyreek was/is. However, that could be because he just wasn't used that way in college which is why I would like to see the Cardinals give him some chances to show he can do so. Good news is we have 12 more games to do so if we want.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have felt the comp was a receiving-experienced Darren Sproles. I didn't see him as the outside WR that Steve Smith and Tyreek was/is. However, that could be because he just wasn't used that way in college which is why I would like to see the Cardinals give him some chances to show he can do so. Good news is we have 12 more games to do so if we want.
thats a good comp, I think Rondale is beefier though. And yes, I want to see more of him on the outside. Give me some Hop in the slot and Rondale outside, #10 on a corner route and #4 on a go route

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
thats a good comp, I think Rondale is beefier though. And yes, I want to see more of him on the outside. Give me some Hop in the slot and Rondale outside, #10 on a corner route and #4 on a go route
I think Rondale is straight line speed faster than sproles.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to rile up @Russ Smith but are we taking him over our guy Waddle yet?
He's better so far although to be fair Waddle has a grossly inferior QB situation.

There's some talk now that they traded Jakeem Grant they may start using Waddle on punt returns too but not sure. He's averaging less than 9 YPC so far that offense is total dink and dunk

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know there is no answer to this question, but opinions are interesting to read. The two WR's named Moore in the last Draft. Both were selected in the second round, with Elijah going first to the Jets. My question is, what if the Jets took Rondale, do you think the Cardinals would have taken Elijah?