I hope we finish as the 7th seed

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by JosiahLee, Nov 23, 2020.

1. mjb21aztd

mjb21aztd Registered User

Just seeing cards in playoffs would be dope!!!

I think if simmons catches fire and healthy kyler a surprise poff run could be possible

All starts in nengland

Play with fire Cards def!!

2. Solar7

Solar7 Meh

Both the Panthers and the Vikings concern me. Especially the Panthers, who only need to make up two games, as they own the tiebreaker.

3. WhyAlwaysMe

WhyAlwaysMe Registered

If we go 3-3 they have to win out. Not happening. They have GB and NO left.

daves and JosiahLee like this.
  4. football karma

football karma Happy in the pretense of knowledge

the good news is they play each other this weekend -- one of those teams is (likely) leaving with a loss

I suppose Carolina could go 5-0 to wrap the season and finish 9-7, but that seems unlikely, especially with a trip to GB in the works for them (and a finale vs NO, who might be playing for a #1 seed)

Minn would have to go 5-1 at the worst, and they go to TB and to NO in their final 6.

daves and DVontel like this.
  5. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Pretty much this.

Can easily see Fangio & that defense give Carolina problems as well.

6. Solar7

Solar7 Meh

Kyler's ailing, our DL is down to starting 36 year old street free agents, our DBs are nearly just as thin... and we have really tough matchups down the stretch. We never perform well in East Coast games, of which we have two in the next three weeks.

Not trying to be doom and gloom here, this team is way better than I thought going in. But these injuries and the spread of Covid makes me worried in comparison to a team who is about to get one of the best players in the league back.

7. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

I actually would not want to be the team that faces whomever comes out of the NFC East. Why? They will be playing with house money and get a home game (likely with only 5 to 6 wins). The team who faces them could be destined to the absolute worst type of NFL histroy.

Jetstream Green likes this.
  8. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Really tough matchups? If you mean the Rams, then yea, agreed.

Just through the toughest stretch of the schedule, but you never know.

9. DVontel

DVontel Registered

I’m confident as hell we’ll beat the Niners & Eagles, but we at least have to beat one of Giants/Patriots. Must.

10. Solar7

Solar7 Meh

I mainly meant the Rams, but I'm weighting the New England and Giants games for that East Coast start time. The 49ers also have played lots of teams tough.

The Eagles are the least scary, but even they're getting Ertz back by the time we play, and will have an offense that looks more like what they want it to normally look like.

11. WisconsinCard

WisconsinCard Herfin BIg Time Contributor

Be careful what you wish for.

LoyaltyisaCurse likes this.
  12. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Yea, I don’t think we’ll beat both NYG/NE. Doubt we lose to both though.

Despite Shanny being a good coach, he doesn’t really make me nervous like McVay does. We always get the best of the Niners when we’re matched up evenly(2017, 2018, opener of this year) & while they swept us in 2019, we played them real close in both contests despite them being vastly more talented. Shanny just doesn’t put the fear in the Cards like McVay does.

Ertz is washed & Wentz is just flat out awful. Just awful.

13. JosiahLee

JosiahLee Registered

I mean I feel like realistically we only have a shot at the 6th or 7th, and again, if the 6th means facing their dinner of the NFC West for a third time, I’ll pass.

14. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Kool Aid with a touch of vodka

Rams right now are the best team in the NFC, especially for us since they have the defense and the offense relies on the run... but I am a happy camper, since we are way ahead of schedule :)

15. BritCard

BritCard Registered

My biggest issue with this team is that whether we win or not seems not to depend on the performance of the team as a whole, but on whether Kyler has an elite game or a bad game.

There seems to be very little in the way of all round performance and team victories. The only one is the first Seahawks game where the defense showed up in the 2nd half, ST's contributed and Kyler and the offense played well. Maybe the Niners victory but our offense was garbage in the first half and we still gave up 21 points to a team with no wide receivers. Feel's more like Kylers 2nd half performance won that one.

Too much is on Kyler. He can't lean on a consistent run game. He can't lean on a defense that will consistently stop drives. It's 100% on Kyler to be at peak all the time. It must be exhausting.