Third over all picks for the AZ Cardinals
Ollie Malsa
Billy Stacy
Garrison Hearst
Simon Rice
Andre Wadsworth
Larry

All I can think about is Wadsworth..

A Hall of Famer, Ollie Matson, one pending in Larry, Simeon has the numbers, and Garrison and Bill Stacy had good careers.

And some want to deal us out of the possibility of selecting at #3.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I get that. But if you can fleece a Qb hungry team for two #1’s and a 3 you really have to think about. One player is not going to make this team “ good”. And if that one player bombs our gets injured, what have you got? If we had a ton of cap space and consider free agents that would be great.
we are worried about our own free agents who are perhaps solid but not all pros. The way this teams roster looks at the moment we need players. Accumulate as many “ good “ players this year.
It appears we will perhaps struggle this year. If that is the case we will be drafting early next year too. If we accumulate some talent and are better than we hoped, then we will have started a foundation to build on.

BTW, until Hopkins is traded I can’t count on that. If Payton comes here I’m betting Hopkins is on this team.

If, if, if... but, but, but...

The bottom line for me is if your board's 1a or 1b choice is still there, you make that pick.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes but this teams needs an infusion or maybe the better word is transfusion. Our o-line is ancient. Our running back Corp is pedestrian. Our d-line is meh.
Look, we had Watts. He played great but what did it translate into…13 losses?
We draft Anderson and even he gets ROY with 12 sacks, this defense is going to suck as it stands.
Trading down could get us a center, o-lineman, a rb, and two d-linemen. We are going to struggle this year even with Payton.
Accumulate more talent, groom them this season and build on top of that next year. This is totally opposite with the way Keim operated.
This is assuming that all of those players that you pick end up being good. Most won't, that's the nature of the draft.

That's why sometimes, if you have a shot at ONE player that you're pretty certain is going to be an absolute stud, you draft him and don't look back.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Okay, but if….

Well, our 1a & 1b are the defensive studs. It's conceivable that both are gone or that we flip our pick with Indy and still get one of the two and a later bonus selection in the draft. If both are gone, we have the prime QB slot and of course, we move down and collect whatever we can garner.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It is always about value. If someone offers you enough, eventually you will sell even that thing that you considered untradable.

I think we have all said and agreed that if Anderson is there you take him, period. But there is an eraser on the end of pencils, meaning if someone offers you enough, not even Anderson would be untradable.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is assuming that all of those players that you pick end up being good. Most won't, that's the nature of the draft.

That's why sometimes, if you have a shot at ONE player that you're pretty certain is going to be an absolute stud, you draft him and don't look back.
We always assume no matter who we draft. I’m not going to be upset in we draft Anderson. He could fill a hole for 10 years. I just look at all the holes and there are going to be players drafted later that will become very good players.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope the Cards stay at #3 and pick either Anderson or Carter. They can become impact players. There is a drop off after these two in the draft.
Go back and look at how many #3 picks were outperformed by players picked later.

if someone offers up a nice package I am moving down.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go back and look at how many #3 picks were outperformed by players picked later.

Go back and look at how many teams traded down and got crap and lost an impact player like Terrell Suggs.:bang:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Do you have a really smart GM that you have trust in? That is the first question we have to ask ourselves. If our GM is unproven, then I would lean towards settling for the sure thing. After a season or two of him or her proving himself, then we would be more acceptable to him gambling more with our future in the draft.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you have a really smart GM that you have trust in? That is the first question we have to ask ourselves. If our GM is unproven, then I would lean towards settling for the sure thing. After a season or two of him or her proving himself, then we would be more acceptable to him gambling more with our future in the draft.
The draft and it's trades are always a gamble. How many sure things have you seen fail? Too many, but the draft is fun for fans and us draftniks

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

Also look at how many who weren’t.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose