I find this amusing

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It may not be the case as much is Arizona,because i'm about the only Cardinal fan in Columbus, but have you fans received a bunch of calls of congratulations on the Cards making the Super Bowl? I bet i have 40-50 calls from people congratulating me on the Cardinals. What did i do, excpet stay a loyal fan? I know why people call, and it's very nice,but it's kind of funny. By time i was at the airport Sundya night, i had calls and texts from people i hardly even talk to. I do know this, there are alot of Cardinals fans in Ohio this Sunday. No Browns/Bengals fans want the Steelers winning anything.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I've had people call me who I haven't talked to in 5 years.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
My best friend from college is a Steelers fan, and grew up in Pittsburgh. I can't believe I haven't heard from him yet.

He might be waiting until after the game; I don't know.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
I've had a lot of people calling and e-mailing congrats. Also, random people will start up conversations with me about the Cardinals when they see my Cards hat.

The weirdest trend I'm noticing is the suspicious looks I get from some people. One guy at the bar asked me how long I've been wearing my hat and another asked me how long I've rooted for the Cards in a condescending manner. Both assumed I was some bandwagon fan. I gave them both the verbal beatdown. Never thought I would see the day I was accused of being a bandwagon fan, rooting for this team!

Mostly, I get a lot of people saying they hope the Cards win because they can't stand the Steelers, or because the team is such a feel-good story. Pretty cool.

AzWins23

Reaction score
It may not be the case as much is Arizona,because i'm about the only Cardinal fan in Columbus, but have you fans received a bunch of calls of congratulations on the Cards making the Super Bowl? I bet i have 40-50 calls from people congratulating me on the Cardinals. What did i do, excpet stay a loyal fan? I know why people call, and it's very nice,but it's kind of funny. By time i was at the airport Sundya night, i had calls and texts from people i hardly even talk to. I do know this, there are alot of Cardinals fans in Ohio this Sunday. No Browns/Bengals fans want the Steelers winning anything.

Hey i live in Parma..It's about 10 minutes away from Cleveland,I feel like i have the whole city of Cleveland on my shoulders. I go into the gas station, and there was a guy wearing all this browns gear turned to me and said "You better...You better beat them" Have you been to the thurman cafe in columbus?? BEST BURGER IN THE WORLD!

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
The weirdest trend I'm noticing is the suspicious looks I get from some people. One guy at the bar asked me how long I've been wearing my hat and another asked me how long I've rooted for the Cards in a condescending manner. Both assumed I was some bandwagon fan. I gave them both the verbal beatdown. Never thought I would see the day I was accused of being a bandwagon fan, rooting for this team!

I'm with you there. Some guy accused me of the same thing on Sunday. I proceeded to "explain" to him my fan cred. Practically screamed at him.

Bandwagon fan my A$FN. I have the heat stroke to prove it :D

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had people coming out of the woodwork with congratulatory messages. It rocks.

My former VP is an Eagles fan. We chatted via email briefly before the NFC Championship game. I haven't contacted him since we won. I think today si the day. :)

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I called my Dad after we beat the Eagles...

The 1st thing he said to me was, "CONGRATULATIONS"! 1st time he's ever used that word to me. YUP! It's a KRAZZY world right now! :D

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
Immediately after the Eagles game, I got 20 phone calls and 20 text messages of congratulations. I thanked them all knowing, of course, that I, alone, was responsible for their victory.

What, you didn't hear Whiz look up and say, "...and Lloyd, over there in 111, this one we won for you!"