I doubt Keenun will be leaving the Vikings any year soon

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
He looked like a seasoned pro at crunch time last weekend. That last pass was a thing of beauty after just being creamed the play before by a 300+ charging bull of a DT. I wonder if Palmer would have even been in for the next play if it had been him being clobbered like that. Everyone has been raving about Diggs catch and run and the safety's blown play, but the pass was perfect. Even if Diggs had just caught it and stepped out of bounds, it would have been a perfect play and pass, and probably a Vikings win.

No way Vikings don't give Keenun the reigns next year. It is his team from now on.

So, the question becomes, what do the Vikings do with their other 2 "starting" QBs?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He looked like a seasoned pro at crunch time last weekend. That last pass was a thing of beauty after just being creamed the play before by a 300+ charging bull of a DT. I wonder if Palmer would have even been in for the next play if it had been him being clobbered like that. Everyone has been raving about Diggs catch and run and the safety's blown play, but the pass was perfect. Even if Diggs had just caught it and stepped out of bounds, it would have been a perfect play and pass, and probably a Vikings win.

No way Vikings don't give Keenun the reigns next year. It is his team from now on.

So, the question becomes, what do the Vikings do with their other 2 "starting" QBs?
I agree, they are pretty much in the same boat as ARZ, with no QB on the roster in 2 weeks. He knows the system and will have a new OC next year but MIN is not going to let him walk without a suitable replacement. They don't have a Top 5 pick to draft either Darnold or Rosen unless they are willing to trade their entire draft to move up.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The best possible scenario for arizona is for Case Keenum to get tagged by Minnesota.

both of their other QB's are more natural passers and better QB's

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
keenum leaving minny would be career suicide. he's a journeyman QB who's found success... do everything you can to stay there young man, just ask brock osweiler

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

That last pass was a floater which hung off target because Keenum has mediocre arm strength. The pass in itself was anything but a thing of beauty, but because he has such a weak ass arm, the pass hung there and drifted high (kind of Derek Anderson like minus the velocity) and disrupt the coverage. If he had a legit NFL arm, that pass would have been defended because it would have been in the right place, at the right time, which would have gotten the WR tackled as the secondary expected, so the fact he was not able to throw a perfect pass was ironically the key to the play's success. And please, do not try to spread any of that crap that Palmer would be more likely to get injured. You damn right he eventually got injured after getting hit a hundred times with our line. I would put money at his age retired that Palmer is twice the tough SOB

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Not so sure about this, basically because his own head coach said to the FOX crew last week that Keenum has been "playing with a horseshoe" and the reason why Zimmer activated Sam Bradford was "because if we get behind we need a stronger arm."

In addition, with Pat Shurmur moving on, would Keenum be as effective under a different OC?

My prediction is, Keenum will be available.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Keenum was not impressive last week at all. Don't let that major gaffe by a rookie color your opinion of Case.

He and Nick Foles has to be the worst QB matchup in the history of conference championship games.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That last pass was actually bad. The WR had to make a jumping turning catch if he threw it where it was supposed to be thrown he would have led the WR out of bounds. If the Saints DB makes a routine tackle were not even talking about this

It's better to be lucky than good sometimes

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That means that Teddy will not be back then. I would sign him to a 1 year deal as a stop gap while our 1st rounder (Lamar Jackson) sits for a year.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I
That means that Teddy will not be back then. I would sign him to a 1 year deal as a stop gap while our 1st rounder (Lamar Jackson) sits for a year.
would sign Teddy for three... just in case... dont want hi to burn it up in year one, then the rookie suxx... and Teddy chases the big money elsewhere

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Minney has lot invested in Teddy; I'd be surprised to see them let him just walk.

Keenum has had a great run, but let's remember, this is still Case Keenum. Is his franchise tag really worth the cost?

Bradford is the odd man out. I'd be scared of his durability anymore.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minney has lot invested in Teddy; I'd be surprised to see them let him just walk.

Keenum has had a great run, but let's remember, this is still Case Keenum. Is his franchise tag really worth the cost?

Bradford is the odd man out. I'd be scared of his durability anymore.

I agree, but I think they can only keep one. Keenum is going to get a nice paycheck for a couple of years. Teddy won't stick around if they invest in Keenum, but they could decide to stick with Teddy and let Keenum walk. In that case, I think he could a cheaper alternative to Cousins in Washington, with Cousins going to Denver.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I

would sign Teddy for three... just in case... dont want hi to burn it up in year one, then the rookie suxx... and Teddy chases the big money elsewhere

I think he takes a one year deal to prove he is healthy so he can get a bigger paycheck next year. It's a gamble, but worth it in his case if he is indeed healthy.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Harry, any info on what will likely happen with Cousins and any Cardinals angle to it?

I haven’t heard anyone worth listening to who makes that connection. That said, the new HC could change people’s minds. The Cards will have the money. Part of it is what they’re intending to do with the draft. You don’t likely pay Cousins big money then draft a QBOTF. There is a faction in the Cards’ upper eschelon that believes they’re still a countender with the right QB. We’ll know more when they get an HC.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t heard anyone worth listening to who makes that connection. That said, the new HC could change people’s minds. The Cards will have the money. Part of it is what they’re intending to do with the draft. You don’t likely pay Cousins big money then draft a QBOTF. There is a faction in the Cards’ upper eschelon that believes they’re still a countender with the right QB. We’ll know more when they get an HC.

Ugh... if true about that upper echelon we are screwed.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The best possible scenario for arizona is for Case Keenum to get tagged by Minnesota.

both of their other QB's are more natural passers and better QB's

And both can be counted on to miss the majority of the season.
If we could sign both, we might make it through an entire season..... MIGHT.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
And both can be counted on to miss the majority of the season.
If we could sign both, we might make it through an entire season..... MIGHT.
Bridgewater had a catastrophic injury...it happens.. but he was not considered injury prone prior to the injury. So there is no reason to think he will be injury prone now.

Bradford?? Yeah.... dude is a walking taco shell

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose