"I don't know how to play bad basketball" -- Josh Jackson

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Did you see in the article Jackson is not in the new photo of 6 players in the parking garage?

That is not a small thing. In fact that tells me clearly he is no longer in the suns plans, and makes me believe there is a very good chance he is traded by the deadline.

Who the heck are the 6? Booker, ayton, bridges, TJ and....?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pure conjecture on my part but I suspected Jackson was on the table in trade for a point guard during or after the 2018 draft and Sarver said no.

This would have been an acknowledgement the Suns missed on the 2016 and 2017 drafts which would have been a pivotal point in getting McDonough fired.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pure conjecture on my part but I suspected Jackson was on the table in trade for a point guard during or after the 2018 draft and Sarver said no.

This would have been an acknowledgement the Suns missed on the 2016 and 2017 drafts which would have been a pivotal point in getting McDonough fired.
There was also rumors of the Spurs offering LMA for Jackson but the Suns resisting despite having been interested in LMA a year or two prior.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was also rumors of the Spurs offering LMA for Jackson but the Suns resisting despite having been interested in LMA a year or two prior.

I'm sure glad the Suns didn't go for this if the rumor was true. No leftovers please.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JJ was sporting a negative PER in early December. He now has it up to almost 10. I assume all those stats average out over time, so he must be playing pretty well lately to make that kind of improvement.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Every two steps he takes forward, he takes three steps back. I’m close to ready to end this experiment.

He tends to commit more brain dead plays when Booker plays as well which is strange because i would think the attention that Booker draws from the defense would help him quite a bit.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That's the most meaningless stat that someone could conjure. I could care less, dunks allude to penetration and possible foul calls...although JJ never gets the calls, I like the aggressiveness.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is a pretty meaningless stat - all it really says is he is trying to sometimes dunk it when he should be just trying to lay it in.

With that said we are talking about like 10 baskets all season - really not a big deal at all in the grand scheme of things.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Edit: Ok, I searched it wrong. My mistake.

It's a useless stat for us fans but I can see why it's tracked. Scouts and coaches can gameplan with that data but it's a lot of whatever for fans. I'm not all that worried about Jackson's numbers because he's not who he was in 2018 now. He started slow but appears to be on track now.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Edit: Ok, I searched it wrong. My mistake.

It's a useless stat for us fans but I can see why it's tracked. Scouts and coaches can gameplan with that data but it's a lot of whatever for fans. I'm not all that worried about Jackson's numbers because he's not who he was in 2018 now. He started slow but appears to be on track now.
He still takes a lot of bad shots and has some god awful turnovers. Biggest problem is that he doesn’t practice what he preaches.

Booker and Ayton always talk about how Jackson tells them to pass the ball around, take good shots, play defense etc and yet Jackson doesn’t take his own advice on those things most of the time.

Hypocrisy can get old quick imo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave