I cant see how anyone can say that Josh Allen is a top QB prospect

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Vacard, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Vacard

Vacard Registered

Name a successful qb who has never thrown above 60 percent in college. Mike Vick was the only one who was a success because his ability to tuck it and run. 56 percent accuracy is first round talent??

Now I'd like to see Keim throw bank at Cousins if he is released. And draft Olinemen/Lb's for the rest of the draft.

2. Ronin

Ronin Registered

Back up the binks truck for Cousins? I guess. I am meh about Cousins.

gimpy likes this.
  3. Vacard

Vacard Registered

I would build my team around him. Since BA did wonders for Palmer, Kirk would thrive here. But he needs to be protected. He already has DJ to work with.

4. unseenaz

unseenaz Registered

So am I to an extent, but I also confess that I’d rather have him than any QBs in this draft. With the right coaching I think cousins can unlock more talent

Solar7, Ronin and Vacard like this.
  5. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

Against good teams he's sub 50%, and has regressed this year. He's the next Zach Mettenberger, but with worse stats.

kerouac9 and Vacard like this.
  6. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I love Cousins but would be super hesitant to give him what he's going to get on the open market. I think he would thrive in BA's offense.

I just have an infatuation with having that five years with a rookie QB where they don't break the bank and you can build the team around him.

7. Mitch

Mitch Crawled Through 5 FB Fields

Classic scenario where scouts and GMs have to consider Allen's supporting cast at Wyoming to determine whether his stats are or are not an accurate projection of his capabilities moving forward. Some team is going to draft him for his outstanding talents---he's a 1st round pick, regardless of his stats.

Ronin likes this.
  8. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

I think Cousins is a solid QB and nothing more. Would he be solid enough with a back like DJ? Yes, if you want to make the playoffs as a wildcard and limited home field advantage, meaning he will not win you a championship in my opinion. Palmer is a better QB than Cousins and he has those limits as well and his history shows he is a tease. The Cardinals, or more importantly Keim, have to muster their courage and quit putting off what makes a team a perennial winner and that is by going into the draft possessed with confidence and get your guy :)

clif and Ronin like this.
  9. DVontel

DVontel Registered

I’d be much more comfortable drafting Lamar, Rosen, & Baker before signing Cousins.

It’s easy for you guys to say y’all would take Cousins before anyone in the draft because Cousins has actually played a NFL down. The other guys haven’t yet.

clif likes this.
  10. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

Allen had some quality receivers last year, and has still consistently been inaccurate. His O-Line isn't great, and he has to scramble quite a bit, but I'm going to venture to say that if he starts in a Shrine game, or Senior Bowl...that his inaccuracy will still plague him. Scouts just love his arm and athleticism for a big guy, and completely overlook his actual arm talent. He kind of reminds me of Deshone Kizer in a way...big athletic guy who has always struggled with accuracy.

11. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Yep. Because of two major factors, in my mind - right now we're seeing two top QBs from two years ago be really solid, and the first QBs from this year's draft are having pretty solid returns as well. In short order, it's going to have to bust, because statistically it's going to. I'm envisioning this team moving up to #2 or #3 and getting RG3 instead of Andrew Luck, then being completely screwed for the next 3 years as all of our top picks go to another team and we have a wasteland at QB. I also have battered wife syndrome from the Leinart days.

12. Mitch

I think a number of scouts and GMs would agree 100% with you.

This is a big concern for me as well---because it may take 3-4 years to prep him as a starter and even then, can he deliver?

13. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

It's just very rare to have a college QB who's a career sub 60% guy, and then to come in the NFL and all of a sudden be accurate? It's such a minuscule percentage that it shouldn't be worth the risk of a 1st round draft choice.

Vacard likes this.
  14. Mitch

Right...and I don't know how many Cardinals' fans can put up with another inaccurate QB.

15. Vacard

Vacard Registered

Allen is Logan Thomas part two. Cards need to stay far far away.

If we draft a qb I'd like either Jackson or Rudolph. Those the only two that might be there when we draft.

POISON likes this.