I can be objective about the Lakers. And, objectively speaking,

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
If gasol had gone to the celtics for Perkins, YOU would be the head of the church of crying and whining regardless of whether anything could be proved. Your response is EXACTLY what is expected of the guy on the winning end of a crooked deal. You have no credibility at all in discussing it.
So that's your answer to my question? :lmao:

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty much. But I'm not writing national articles for ESPN about how big of a homer for my teams I am ..that would be Simmons and his erection for the Patriots, Red Sox and Celtics. Do you have a logical point, or are you just really so sick of Internet bravado that you've taken up Internet bravado as a hobby?

He's taking the time because he's getting paid. You're doing it for free on a Suns board. Do you really think the insult favors him? :)

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Well, I don't have an answer but I don't think the owner was fully aware of the
situation when the deal was done. Leaves room for speculation

Speculation about what? With hindsight, one party will almost always have traders remorse. How often do trades equally benefit both parties?

If Heisley thinks he should have gotten more, that's too bad. No one put a gun to his head. He was outmaneuvered by a better organization. Happens all the time. There's nothing sinister about it.

Why should the league step in to stop a trade it thinks is bad for one party or the other? The league isn't in business to save owners from themselves.

If the NBA or the owners don't like it, then they should make salary dumps against the rules. Dumping salary happens all the time in baseball and football and no one gets sand in their vaginas over it.

The only thing fueling this "controversy" is envy of, and antipathy for, the Lakers.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's taking the time because he's getting paid. You're doing it for free on a Suns board. Do you really think the insult favors him? :)

I wouldn't trade positions with that doofus, I know that much. Although his sweet ass basketball tickets are tempting, but I'd have to love the celtics. Blech!!

:D

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Truth of the matter is, West did a favor for his former team...no one can deny that.

nowagimp

Reaction score
So that's your answer to my question? :lmao:

I am assuming(perhaps I am wrong) that you are intelligent enough to realize that this is not a court of law, no one can be put under subpoena(under the penalty of perjury) to testify regarding the crooked nature of the deal to yield the "proof" you indicate is needed. You insistence that proof must be used as a litmus test or it shouldnt even be discussed is out of place with the reality of the situation, and its laughable considering your interests were served by the crooked deal. Even OJ was not proven guilty IN a court of law. I seriously doubt this trade would stand up to the kind of scrutiny given in a court of law, so the "proof" required there is seriously misplaced here. Oh, TV ratings are up 38% over last year already, who would have thought?

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truth of the matter is, West did a favor for his former team...no one can deny that.

Uhm, yeah people can. West wasn't even involved with Memphis anymore. I can understand if he were the GM, like McHale and Ainge collaborating for KG, but West wasn't even affiliated with the team anymore.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhm, yeah people can. West wasn't even involved with Memphis anymore. I can understand if he were the GM, like McHale and Ainge collaborating for KG, but West wasn't even affiliated with the team anymore.

I dont how you can say thats even for sure.. He might not have been ith them or what not. But that doesnt mean West had nothing to do with t.. Even my lakers fan supervisor at work giggles that West helped out the lakers in trade somehow..

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
I dont how you can say thats even for sure.. He might not have been ith them or what not. But that doesnt mean West had nothing to do with t.. Even my lakers fan supervisor at work giggles that West helped out the lakers in trade somehow..

Jerry West has proven to be a man of integrity over a long career as both player and GM. When asked he denied it as absolute rubbish. I will accept that over the throng of consipracy idiots who have proved nothing except that they can post unfounded comments as if they are fact. They are not. Not to mention that the memphis owner confirmed just last week while suggesting had they had possibly waited they might have got more. It's a broken record that just keeps turning.

Funny how all these people taking about how it was a steal, collusion, dishonest, conspiracy etc. are the very same that are posting was a soft pieice of crap Gasol is.

So which is it?

Last edited:

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Funny how all these people taking about how it was a steal, collusion, dishonest, conspiracy etc. are the very same that are posting was a soft pieice of crap Gasol is.

So which is it?

What precludes it from being both?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave