I can be objective about the Lakers. And, objectively speaking,

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
With the bolded part you answered your own question in the second half of this post.. Its because of your pompus, arrogant speech patterns that drive us to hate you guys.. Not the wins nessasarly.. See, the celtics have more titles than the lakers and they dont bother me in the least bit.. So the bolded part above is in direct relation to why the unbolded in your post as to why..

There wouldnt be all the posts if it wasnt for the lakers fans on this site telling us how it should be and throwing their piss yellow colors in our face everyday.. But hey, those are some classy laker fans.. right?

Maybe someday you will get to experience that wearing a jersey for your own team rather than the jersey of the team playing the Lakers.

Hmmmmmmmm. Seems to me to be a very straight forward comment. That you percieve it as pompus and arrogant speaks more to an inferiority complex on your part rather than my throwing anything in your face. It was meant as a comment about you jumping ship and supporting a team only to bash the Lakers. Nothing more. Read in to it what you will.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Hey, they misspelled Cee's name!

BTW, are the Irish a "race"?

Nah the irish arent a race, but then neither were the jews in Nazi Germany, the bosnians in boznia-herzegovnia or the tutsis in rwanda. Outside the US, ethnic hatred is considered as bad as racism as it had led to genocide. But go ahead, and make light of ethnic slurs, it shows your intellectual state of mind.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Nah the irish arent a race, but then neither were the jews in Nazi Germany, the bosnians in boznia-herzegovnia or the tutsis in rwanda. Outside the US, ethnic hatred is considered as bad as racism as it had led to genocide. But go ahead, and make light of ethnic slurs, it shows your intellectual state of mind.

Hmmmmmmm, reminds me of a post sent my way....

Basketball content =0,

How about those celtics, they gonna win it all!!!!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, calling Cee! "Mick" started here and had nothing to do with being Irish.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This part is so true and I observed it all, stunned:

Myth: L.A. and Boston get all the breaks.
Truth:
Au contraire! The Lakers somehow acquired Wilt and Kareem in the first two three-$5-bills-for-a-$100-bill trades in NBA history. They swapped a fading Gail Goodrich for two No. 1's (one of whom became Magic). They traded journeyman Don Ford for a future No. 1 (James Worthy). In 1995, free agency rules mysteriously changed one year before Shaq became a free agent, and L.A. just happened to stumble into a ton of cap space. And 2008 was the year of the Pau Gasol hijacking. Wait, that deserves its own myth.

Myth: L.A. and Boston were reborn this season with two legal megadeals.
Truth:
At least the Celts gave up Al Jefferson for KG. How was the Gasol trade legal? If I kill my mailman and no one ever finds out, does that make it legal? Jerry West's old team (Memphis) gift-wrapped its best player for the team that once employed West for 40 years, taking back a pupu platter (Kwame Brown, a third-string guard and two crappy picks). This happened even though the Lakers' season would have been over without a center. Had this trade taken place in a fantasy league, it would have led to three weeks of vicious e-mails, crumbled friendships, guys quitting and maybe even a fistfight. In the NBA, it led to the Lakers being presented the 2008 Western Conference trophy by … yup, a crying Jerry West. The NBA, where chicanery happens.

Yeah the NBA isnt rigged, and nixon had no tapes erased.

That last part of the article is the biggest reason it will kill me if the Lakers win the championship this year or even in the next couple years. I mean I would go for the Celtics regardless, but that Gasol deal was just complete BS. Even my Lakers fans coworkers acknowledge that there was something seriously shady with that deal.

Joe

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe, they only say that because they know you are a suns fan and they like you. I also treat my fellow suns fan coworkers with niceties like...yeah, that Shaq trade..hope he has it still and ... yeah, who knows if Bynum will ever be a good player, and can he even work with Gasol??

Don't ever trust what your "Laker friends" at work tell you. They sugar coat...I can guarantee that.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe, they only say that because they know you are a suns fan and they like you. I also treat my fellow suns fan coworkers with niceties like...yeah, that Shaq trade..hope he has it still and ... yeah, who knows if Bynum will ever be a good player, and can he even work with Gasol??

Don't ever trust what your "Laker friends" at work tell you. They sugar coat...I can guarantee that.

Who are you? The begin and end all of yellow piss jersey fans? Your arrogance is sickening..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who are you? The begin and end all of yellow piss jersey fans? Your arrogance is sickening..

Man, you swinging from my nuts is making it really hard to walk. Can you adjust, or maybe find yourself a better target? I know they taste like sugar cane, but come on dude. It's getting embarrassing the way you hug up to me in public.

:ick:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, you swinging from my nuts is making it really hard to walk. Can you adjust, or maybe find yourself a better target? I know they taste like sugar cane, but come on dude. It's getting embarrassing the way you hug up to me in public.

:ick:

I understand your pain, and its understandable.. Your dirverting the convo from your vagina team that just got poked like a white girl in Denver hotel room.. So to feel more manly, much like a man with a small penis has to buy a 60k whip, you have resorted to talking about your penis... Or maybe your trying to disguise your flirting with other men on this board behind the pretense of anger?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is it with you and white girls, Cee? Man, you ALWAYS worry about the white girls.

Hey, where all the white women at??

nowagimp

Reaction score
That last part of the article is the biggest reason it will kill me if the Lakers win the championship this year or even in the next couple years. I mean I would go for the Celtics regardless, but that Gasol deal was just complete BS. Even my Lakers fans coworkers acknowledge that there was something seriously shady with that deal.

Joe

Seriously, if it wasnt perfectly legal to manipulate or rig NBA rosters, there probably would have been a congressional investigation(like the steriod scandal in baseball). Being a scientist/statistician, its also amazing how the draft order defies long odd statistics on a regular basis, "by chance". If thats a real lotto, the FBI is all over it. The assinine thing is the insistence on "proving the logic" of rigging. Who gives a crap why, predicting human behavior or the stock marker is a convoluted causal/results relation. The statistics speak for themselves. If the guy(or a relative) pulling the balls out of the state lotto wins: "prove it, there is no evidence he rigged it" sounds almost as dumb as some of the posts Ive read denying that the NBA has its hands all over things.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score

..... are you really saying that trade was legit?

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score

Joe

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why the owner of the Grizzlies would sign off on that deal just to help the Lakers.

Even if West was involved, which has no basis in fact, why would the owner give Gasol to the Lakers in some sort of conspiracy?

That's the 800 lb. gorilla in the room. Does Simmons have an answer for that question? Anyone?

If not, then quit all the crying and whining.

OP
OP
Joe L

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why the owner of the Grizzlies would sign off on that deal just to help the Lakers.

Even if West was involved, which has no basis in fact, why would the owner give Gasol to the Lakers in some sort of conspiracy?

That's the 800 lb. gorilla in the room. Does Simmons have an answer for that question? Anyone?

Well, I don't have an answer but I don't think the owner was fully aware of the
situation when the deal was done. Leaves room for speculation:
MORNING BRIEFING
Trade still haunts Grizzlies
By Gary Klein, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
8:49 AM PDT, June 6, 2008
Memphis Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley is tired of criticism for the giveaway, er, trade that send Pau Gasol to the Lakers for cake-tossing center Kwame Brown, rookie point guard Javaris Crittenton and future draft picks.

But he told Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports that General Manager Chris Wallace might have waited longer before pulling the trigger with the Lakers.

"I don't know if I got the most value," Heisley said. "Maybe our people should have shopped [Gasol] more and maybe we would have gotten more, done a better deal. Maybe Chris did call every team in the league. I don't think he did but maybe he should've . . ."

Ya think?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-briefing6-2008jun06,0,4953063.story

nowagimp

Reaction score

If gasol had gone to the celtics for Perkins, YOU would be the head of the church of crying and whining regardless of whether anything could be proved. Your response is EXACTLY what is expected of the guy on the winning end of a crooked deal. You have no credibility at all in discussing it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose