I bought a guitar

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not an analytical person... more like paranoid that I want to do it right. I do tend to overthink things. Even though I do them fairly well, it's the same when speaking Spanish or playing golf, instead of just letting it flow, I get too mechanical. With the guitar, I'm still learning the basics but I completely get what you mean. I hear things in my head but I'm just not able to execute it yet.

Thanks for your input!!

Practice playing songs instead of simply hammering through random chords. You'll get a 'muscle memory' for the chords and the changes that match what you practice---why not do that with a song?

The old Bob Dylan classic 'Blowin' in the Wind' is a three-chord wonder (G-C-D) with a simple strum pattern (listen to the song and get the Feelin'). There is a simple base run at the chord change that is common in folk and folk-rock---but not necessary to strum the song and learn the basics. Capo on the 7th fret to sound like the recording. Give this one a try before looking up the Youtube lesson.

This was the first song I learned---my cousin showed me the chords and then ordered me to play the song by ear. Best lesson ever---I had to get the feelin' for the song and not just the mechanics.

PS How'd the 'Here Comes the Sun' attempt go?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Practice playing songs instead of simply hammering through random chords. You'll get a 'muscle memory' for the chords and the changes that match what you practice---why not do that with a song?

The old Bob Dylan classic 'Blowin' in the Wind' is a three-chord wonder (G-C-D) with a simple strum pattern (listen to the song and get the Feelin'). There is a simple base run at the chord change that is common in folk and folk-rock---but not necessary to strum the song and learn the basics. Capo on the 7th fret to sound like the recording. Give this one a try before looking up the Youtube lesson.

This was the first song I learned---my cousin showed me the chords and then ordered me to play the song by ear. Best lesson ever---I had to get the feelin' for the song and not just the mechanics.

PS How'd the 'Here Comes the Sun' attempt go?

Here comes the sun is a little over my pay grade at the moment. I'll go back to it.

Your suggestion for Blowin in the Wind was a great one. I worked on it for a couple of hours today.... Pretty much followed your instructions, I listened to it a few times and just strummed with muted strings to get the feel for the song and the overall movement. I found a tutorial that the instructor played in D-G-A. I'll work more in the coming days.

Thanks,

Steve

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
'Swiftlessons' has a great tutorial on how to play 'Blowin' in the Wind' He goes over the basics and then adds the bass runs to change chords. He also illustrates a lead part that can be played while someone else is strumming the chords.

I'm excited about your progress and how you are sticking with it. I wish I knew then what I now have available via the Internet (to steal a phrase, Ah, but I was so much older then I'm younger than that now. LOL) I'm a big Dylan fan---he's about the only guy I can match with my singing.)

The other opportunity is to take those three chords and write your own song. Get the kids/grandkids to help with the lyrics. You don't have to worry about the correct strum pattern. Pick a theme (Christmas, etc). Give me co-credit when it becomes the next hit.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here comes the sun is a little over my pay grade at the moment. I'll go back to it.

Your suggestion for Blowin in the Wind was a great one. I worked on it for a couple of hours today.... Pretty much followed your instructions, I listened to it a few times and just strummed with muted strings to get the feel for the song and the overall movement. I found a tutorial that the instructor played in D-G-A. I'll work more in the coming days.

Thanks,

Steve

Yo Steve---Just checking in to see how the guitar is going. It's all smooth sailing once you get those calluses on your fingertips and can hold a chord without screaming.

I never asked what style music you prefer?

Right before this Covid business, I joined an informal group of players (all acoustic instruments---no electric or Heavy Metal---mostly folk-rock early Eagles) and we sat around and strumed some of our favorites---mostly from the 60's-mid 80'. We tried 'Amie' by Pure Praire League---I know the lead and another guy knew the chord progression---one of the guys matched the voice of the orginal---we were going great guns and all excited about geting together again---Now I hear our lead singer went back east to be with his parents. The rest of us sound like dying bullfrogs in a dried up pond. Oh well.

I saw that Guitar Center was filing for bankruptcy. That's one of my favorite places when I drive down from the sticks and spend a day in the big city. Think they will be staying open===but look for some sales. I have never failed to pick up some hints from experienced players while wandering around the store.

So---what is the best tip you've discovered that has helped with your playing?

Gary

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yo Steve---Just checking in to see how the guitar is going. It's all smooth sailing once you get those calluses on your fingertips and can hold a chord without screaming.

I never asked what style music you prefer?

Right before this Covid business, I joined an informal group of players (all acoustic instruments---no electric or Heavy Metal---mostly folk-rock early Eagles) and we sat around and strumed some of our favorites---mostly from the 60's-mid 80'. We tried 'Amie' by Pure Praire League---I know the lead and another guy knew the chord progression---one of the guys matched the voice of the orginal---we were going great guns and all excited about geting together again---Now I hear our lead singer went back east to be with his parents. The rest of us sound like dying bullfrogs in a dried up pond. Oh well.

I saw that Guitar Center was filing for bankruptcy. That's one of my favorite places when I drive down from the sticks and spend a day in the big city. Think they will be staying open===but look for some sales. I have never failed to pick up some hints from experienced players while wandering around the store.

So---what is the best tip you've discovered that has helped with your playing?

Gary

If you can swing it, Sam Ash is over in Glendale on Cactus and 43rd Ave. It's about a thousand times better than GC. Michael is the manager of the guitar section and he will always try to get you the best deal if you're cool. Huge store and if they don't have it in stock, they can get it.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@GimmedaBall

I've got some pretty decent calluses but the way my fingers are shaped I have to cut my nails so short that the quick is exposed and they hurt like hell for a day or 2 after I cut them. My wife finds it funny that I'm using one of her emory boards too!

I'm pretty much a blues guy for the most part. I like hard rock from back in the day. No heavy metal, that's after my time. Not really into ballads or folk. I am working on Blowing in the Wind though. Learning some simple blues shuffles, scales in different positions, work incessantly on changing chords in time, etc. A problem is I get side tracked big time. I'll start something and then go off on a tangent and get lost. As my wife politely puts it... I'm not a linear thinker..

I think the best tip I've had is don't try to play too fast. Learn how to play slowly and then speed up as you go along. I did like your tip about getting a feel by listening first.

Guitar Center here is not my favorite. They don't seem to have a decent manager and their customer service stinks. I went in once and asked if someone would show me practice amps... They just pointed to where they were and that was it.

Thanks for checking on me.

You reminded me of a thread I posted years ago.... https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/bands-youve-seen-live.175320/

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you can swing it, Sam Ash is over in Glendale on Cactus and 43rd Ave. It's about a thousand times better than GC. Michael is the manager of the guitar section and he will always try to get you the best deal if you're cool. Huge store and if they don't have it in stock, they can get it.

To puckhead, Thanks for the referral. I'll put that on the 'to do' list (if I out live this Covid business). I love window shopping and plotting my next purchase. LOL. I hit the Guitar Center and the craft supply store for my drawing/painting supplies so it is a day in the big city.

To Steve---I actually got good customer service when I went in looking for an acoustic electric. Guy showed me an Epiphone Masterbilt & amp---like the sound, my favorite toy. Also, I ordered two guitar straps on line (one for the acoustic, one for my electric). The one for the acoustic was not going to work and when I contacted them about sending it back, they told me to keep it and they sent me a different strap as well. Maybe that's why they went bankrupt.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You can't compete with George Harrison.

I actually went to a Beatles concert at Busch Stadium in St. Louis. 1966. It was just after Lennon made his comment about the Beatles being more popular than Jesus. There were all kinds of demonstrations around the stadium---they were burning records, etc. They even put a curse on the concert to make it rain---and it did.

The stadium--which held 50,000 was only about half full.

It took almost all my paper route and lawn mowing money for a month for the tickets (I think they were $7.50 a piece). I had a big crush on a girl in my English class and asked her to go with me. At first she thought I was yanking her chain but when I showed her the tickets she said yes. I went down to the clothing store and bought some Beatle boots and a god awful flowered shirt. We had to catch the city bus and when we got on, she spotted some of her girlfriends and immediately went and sat with them. She had a big crush on George Harrison and they were giggling the whole time and going through fan magazines and comparing pictures. When we got to the stadium, she asked for her ticket---and went in with her girlfriends. She spent the whole time screaming out George's name---they only played about a dozen songs--it was raining and I think they were afraid of getting electrocuted.

I wasn't even there when we got back on our bus. She sat with her girlfriends and they were debating if one of the Beatles actually looked in the stands and saw them waving. LOL. She got off a block early with two girls from class. Next day at school, she didn't even look in my direction. I don't think she even remembered we had a 'date' and that I was supposed to be with her. LOL.

Moral of the story: You can compete with George Harrison even if it rained the whole time (and even if you bought the tickets and wore your Beatle Boots.) Here Come's the Sun . . .

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
@GimmedaBall

I've got some pretty decent calluses but the way my fingers are shaped I have to cut my nails so short that the quick is exposed and they hurt like hell for a day or 2 after I cut them. My wife finds it funny that I'm using one of her emory boards too!

I'm pretty much a blues guy for the most part. I like hard rock from back in the day. No heavy metal, that's after my time. Not really into ballads or folk. I am working on Blowing in the Wind though. Learning some simple blues shuffles, scales in different positions, work incessantly on changing chords in time, etc. A problem is I get side tracked big time. I'll start something and then go off on a tangent and get lost. As my wife politely puts it... I'm not a linear thinker..

I think the best tip I've had is don't try to play too fast. Learn how to play slowly and then speed up as you go along. I did like your tip about getting a feel by listening first.

Guitar Center here is not my favorite. They don't seem to have a decent manager and their customer service stinks. I went in once and asked if someone would show me practice amps... They just pointed to where they were and that was it.

Thanks for checking on me.

You reminded me of a thread I posted years ago.... https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/bands-youve-seen-live.175320/

So---any Lightin' Hopkins on your list? 'Baby Please Don't go' What's great is there are so many free lessons on line. You can pretty much get a tutorial on almost any song, any artist. I got some more tall tales for you if you're interested. Chuck Berry at Blueberry Hill blues club in St. Louis, Chuck Berry in Denny's, Fats Dominio, etc. Dylan and Baez together before Dylan hit it big, I'm too damn old. LOL.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, I saw Fats Domino at the Tuba City rec center circa 1960 when I was in high school in Tuba..

At the other end of the venue scale, I went to Keb Mo with Taj Mahal at the Santa Fe Opera.

Good times

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your date experience sounds like a story @AzStevenCal told about one of his first dates... We've all been dumped a time or 2, that's what I call ''gettin yer diploma''

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@puckhead

I have not given up, I'm still hacking away at it. I've been taking lessons for the last 5-6 weeks. Zoom is tough for lessons but they're helping. I pretty much understand all the progressions and chords he's teaching me but playing them is another story. Nothing too complicated, basic 1,6,2,5 stuff. I practice prolly 10-12 hours a week but dang it's tough to make noticeable progress. Chord changes in time are still really hard for me. I've worked on major and minor pentatonic scales on the whole neck until I'm blue in the face and changing between all the chords I know. Learning triads and their inversions off the high E string plus trying to get the hang of shuffles smoothly.

sample changes on an E blues he showed me...

E,A, G#7, C#m7, F#7, B7
Open chords on the E&A, barre on the others.

Onward and upward!!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@puckhead

I have not given up, I'm still hacking away at it. I've been taking lessons for the last 5-6 weeks. Zoom is tough for lessons but they're helping. I pretty much understand all the progressions and chords he's teaching me but playing them is another story. Nothing too complicated, basic 1,6,2,5 stuff. I practice prolly 10-12 hours a week but dang it's tough to make noticeable progress. Chord changes in time are still really hard for me. I've worked on major and minor pentatonic scales on the whole neck until I'm blue in the face and changing between all the chords I know. Learning triads and their inversions off the high E string plus trying to get the hang of shuffles smoothly.

sample changes on an E blues he showed me...

E,A, G#7, C#m7, F#7, B7
Open chords on the E&A, barre on the others.

Onward and upward!!

That's all awesome, MrYB! That stuff is all gold. I'm willing to bet that you're coming along more than you realize, but being in the moment day to day, it likely doesn't seem like a lot. One way to track your progress is to just record yourself either with a practice exercise or better yet a song that you're keen to learn well. It doesn't need to be high-quality or anything. Just something to look at in a couple of months and I think you'll notice a big difference. Keep it rockin'!

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's all awesome, MrYB! That stuff is all gold. I'm willing to bet that you're coming along more than you realize, but being in the moment day to day, it likely doesn't seem like a lot. One way to track your progress is to just record yourself either with a practice exercise or better yet a song that you're keen to learn well. It doesn't need to be high-quality or anything. Just something to look at in a couple of months and I think you'll notice a big difference. Keep it rockin'!

Some good advice---just ask the wife or kids---they'll tell you the truth on how far you have progressed---I did see a few videos posted on Youtube of people who made a video diary of their progress.

Mr. Yeahbut----are you looking to play solo blues or rhythm?

‘Jerry’s Guitar Bar’ has a free intro course on Blues (it is buried deep into the site):
https://www.jerrysguitarbar.com/guitar-video-lessons/guitar-courses/electric-blues-course/

‘Justin Guitar’ has a free Blues course qualified as being for intermediate players:
https://www.justinguitar.com/modules/blues-lead-1-essential

Two chord song with a country-blues solo mixed in for ‘Tennessee Whiskey’ on Swiftlessons:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Check out this 9-year-old guitar player. He’s got the feelin’ Got to make faces while you play--he's already playing on stage with Santana.

I've been learning some of my guitar favorites on the piano. Got the piano fills down for 'Sweet Home Alabama' and the piano solo section at the end of the song. Ditto on 'Sweet Home Chicago' We'll get together at the nearest music store when this Covid business is and jam. LOL.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@GimmedaBall

Thanks for the input...

Although this chart is completely arbitrary, it's pretty much accurate for where I think I'm at for # of hours I've put into practicing. I'm about in the middle with 600 +/- hours

You must be registered for see images attach

This video shows what I'm working toward for basic competence. You don't have to watch the whole thing but it'll give you an idea of where I want to get.

I love stuff like this...

My voice is just raspy enough that I could probably sing this too.

Bucket List...

Last edited:

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Steve,

You have to put in the work to learn the basics. After that, you’re off the clock. The keyword: You are PLAYING the guitar. Recall the times when you got into the flow while doing something and time and the clock didn’t matter. Chances are you were PLAYING. Creative people and young children do this without conscious effort—the rest of us schmucks who put in a lifetime of WORK measure our effort and our reward in terms of the number of hours that we chalk up toward that next paycheck, the next vacation, the final retirement party.

Slave under the clock for a lifetime and that becomes the measure of effort and success. Unfortunately, creative activity is not necessarily measured on that ledger sheet. You get few points if your only goal is to clock in for x number of hours with your guitar lessons. Playing an instrument is measured by the music you make, not the number of hours of rote practice beyond mastering the basics. That kind of pressure will drain all the fun from the activity. If you don’t get in your time, you’ll beat yourself up and eventually say the ‘hell with it.’ Look at all the people who had to take piano lessons and practice for ‘X’ hours every week and grind their way through rote learning. Kids who took to the lessons but kept the wonder of making music stayed with it—while everyone else ran outside to PLAY ball.

If you are not at the point where you want to grab that guitar just because you just have to make joyful sounds and marvel at what comes out—you need to let go and find the joy. Next time you come across an artist, ask them how long it took them to paint that picture, write that novel, build that piece of furniture. Chances are they will freeze as they try to calculate an answer—mainly because that wasn’t part of the equation while they were in the zone and creating. For the creations that they are truly proud of, time was not the consideration. It was an annoyance. You mentioned that “A problem is I get side tracked big time. I'll start something and then go off on a tangent and get lost. As my wife politely puts it... I'm not a linear thinker.” Don’t take any scolding for doing that—it’s the essence of making a creative connection with your chosen medium. Being creative is a non-linear activity. I was learning the piano piece ‘Werewolves of London’–it uses a simple D-C-G chord progression (over-and-over again). By changing things up a little, I ‘found’ the opening for ‘Sweet Home Alabama,’ and then ‘Knockin on Heaven’s Door’ all with the same chord progression. That’s no biggie in the scheme of things. . . but I sure enjoyed myself with the discovery. Can you think of any three songs with a wider range of messages, musical style, etc?

There’s a whole world of guitar that should open up for you now that you got the E Blues. Now, just need to work on letting yourself go and feeling where the basics that you have mastered show up in a song. In that ‘Blues’ lesson that you posted, he shows a couple of fills, licks, etc that are embedded everywhere in all kinds of songs—learn those turnarounds and your 12 bar blues progression and you can jam on rhythm guitar with anyone. The lessons on ‘Jerry’s Guitar Bar’ and ‘Justin Blues lessons’ will go a long way in filling in the basics.

You mentioned Delbert McClinton—one of my favorites is ‘You were never mine.’ That song sends a chill down anyone who ever felt the pain in the lyrics. Take a look at the guitar player and how he is playing the chords arpeggio style—the piano player is adding fills and banging on the chord changes. Overall it is a simple song if you allow yourself to feel the progression.

https://chordu.com/chords-tabs-delbert-mcclinton-you-were-never-mine-id_csLOWnnWNLI

If you get sidetracked no problem—make it your song. With feelin’. LOL

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve,

You have to put in the work to learn the basics. After that, you’re off the clock. The keyword: You are PLAYING the guitar. Recall the times when you got into the flow while doing something and time and the clock didn’t matter. Chances are you were PLAYING. Creative people and young children do this without conscious effort—the rest of us schmucks who put in a lifetime of WORK measure our effort and our reward in terms of the number of hours that we chalk up toward that next paycheck, the next vacation, the final retirement party.

Slave under the clock for a lifetime and that becomes the measure of effort and success. Unfortunately, creative activity is not necessarily measured on that ledger sheet. You get few points if your only goal is to clock in for x number of hours with your guitar lessons. Playing an instrument is measured by the music you make, not the number of hours of rote practice beyond mastering the basics. That kind of pressure will drain all the fun from the activity. If you don’t get in your time, you’ll beat yourself up and eventually say the ‘hell with it.’ Look at all the people who had to take piano lessons and practice for ‘X’ hours every week and grind their way through rote learning. Kids who took to the lessons but kept the wonder of making music stayed with it—while everyone else ran outside to PLAY ball.

If you are not at the point where you want to grab that guitar just because you just have to make joyful sounds and marvel at what comes out—you need to let go and find the joy. Next time you come across an artist, ask them how long it took them to paint that picture, write that novel, build that piece of furniture. Chances are they will freeze as they try to calculate an answer—mainly because that wasn’t part of the equation while they were in the zone and creating. For the creations that they are truly proud of, time was not the consideration. It was an annoyance. You mentioned that “A problem is I get side tracked big time. I'll start something and then go off on a tangent and get lost. As my wife politely puts it... I'm not a linear thinker.” Don’t take any scolding for doing that—it’s the essence of making a creative connection with your chosen medium. Being creative is a non-linear activity. I was learning the piano piece ‘Werewolves of London’–it uses a simple D-C-G chord progression (over-and-over again). By changing things up a little, I ‘found’ the opening for ‘Sweet Home Alabama,’ and then ‘Knockin on Heaven’s Door’ all with the same chord progression. That’s no biggie in the scheme of things. . . but I sure enjoyed myself with the discovery. Can you think of any three songs with a wider range of messages, musical style, etc?

There’s a whole world of guitar that should open up for you now that you got the E Blues. Now, just need to work on letting yourself go and feeling where the basics that you have mastered show up in a song. In that ‘Blues’ lesson that you posted, he shows a couple of fills, licks, etc that are embedded everywhere in all kinds of songs—learn those turnarounds and your 12 bar blues progression and you can jam on rhythm guitar with anyone. The lessons on ‘Jerry’s Guitar Bar’ and ‘Justin Blues lessons’ will go a long way in filling in the basics.

You mentioned Delbert McClinton—one of my favorites is ‘You were never mine.’ That song sends a chill down anyone who ever felt the pain in the lyrics. Take a look at the guitar player and how he is playing the chords arpeggio style—the piano player is adding fills and banging on the chord changes. Overall it is a simple song if you allow yourself to feel the progression.

https://chordu.com/chords-tabs-delbert-mcclinton-you-were-never-mine-id_csLOWnnWNLI

If you get sidetracked no problem—make it your song. With feelin’. LOL

I like this post. (not a fan of the little button)

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@GimmedaBall

It means a lot to me that you took the time to write such a thoughtful message to someone you don't even know.

I realize I do a lot of practicing that is rote repetition. I do this primarily to gain dexterity and to get the sound of different tone intervals firmly imprinted to my ear, plus there's a ton of this that just has to be flat out memorized so you can do it without thinking. I do attempt to make licks and play leading notes to join the scales together up the fretboard rather than just play them up and down. I know that's what makes music.

I made the comments about the total time I've put into practice mainly because I want to remind myself that this takes dedication and diligence to reach any decent level of proficiency, but you're right that there is no real satisfaction in comparing myself to what others can or cannot do.

I feel music in my head and body but trying to get it out through my fingers... I'm just not there yet.

I do however, get your point... Play Music!!

Edit to add... I have watched a lot at Justin Guitar. He's very good.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this post. (not a fan of the little button)

I much appreciate your help too, my man. However, you should be grateful there's no little "unlike" button.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
MrYeahbut and Puckhead,

I certainly can go on. LOL. Actually, I was talking about my own experience learning guitar and now piano as much as I was trying to make a point about allowing the creative side of the brain to be part of the equation.

As to the ‘rote’ learning, one quote that always made sense to me is “Success comes to the prepared mind.” That includes the dedication and work ethic to put in the time to learn the basics. Gotta learn how to make the G-C-D chords before you can access the 1000's of popular songs based on those three chords. In that regard, investing time in music theory (the logic) has been an eye-opener for me. That goes for the appreciation of the guitar and now to the piano. I’ve been working on reading piano sheet music (and not just ‘Fake’ books). Notice I said WORK. My goal is to get to the point to read all those damn black dots not as individual notes but as an organic whole—and that gets to the second quote “Get the Gestalt.” (Gestalt is a German word meaning “a configuration, pattern, or organized field having specific properties that cannot be derived from the summation of its component parts; a unified whole.”) Check out Youtube for ‘Gestalt Psychology’ lectures.

The challenge is to translate all the logical and linear work (learning chords and reading sheet music) into creative and non-linear ways (playing music).
Got to use both sides of the brain. Try this quiz (be sure the ‘Brain Hemisphere’ box is checked)

Left Brain/Right Brain Quiz

You made the comment that “I feel music in my head and body but trying to get it out through my fingers... I'm just not there yet.” That’s a great way to summarize the challenge of getting the right side of the brain to communicate with the Left side. Playing musical instruments is very much a right hemisphere activity. However, learning the placement of the fingers to achieve certain sounds and reading music engages the left hemisphere. We have a connection between the two hemispheres—the corpus callosum—and have to nurture the communication.

Check out Youtube with a search on ‘Left Brain Right Brain’

Do an image search to get a visual idea on ‘Left Brain Right Brain’ of what capabilities are on each side.

Think of the people in your life and try to determine if they are ‘Right Brain dominant’ or ‘Left Brain Dominant.’ Who do you get along with? Are they like you or different?

Don’t allow your Left Brain to be Seth Rogen (scene from Freaks and Geeks):
Lady L

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I recently found the the receipt for my first electric guitar, from Milano Music in March 1991. A few other guitars have come and gone but I still play this one regularly.

I haven’t taken lessons in years and some big holes in my technique, but I try to add something new every year.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently found the the receipt for my first electric guitar, from Milano Music in March 1991. A few other guitars have come and gone but I still play this one regularly.

I haven’t taken lessons in years and some big holes in my technique, but I try to add something new every year.

What is it and where are the pictures? :grabs:

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What is it and where are the pictures? :grabs:

I should have known better than to leave that out right? It’s your basic Les Paul Studio (1990). Glad I kept it because Gibsons have been too rich for my blood ever since!

Original knobs and mounting rings were black. The original neck pickup is now in the bridge, and there’s a Seymour Duncan Jazz where it used to be.

You must be registered for see images attach