BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How's 'Wonderwall' coming, BRR?

LOL

That's all.

I got to play for 15 minutes on Tuesday night. I had the chords down but it didnt sound anything like the youtube video I was watching. I have one of those clip things coming in the mail, most people playing wonderwall have the clip on the second fret. Hoping that is the reason mine doesnt sound well. Also learning that my upstrum needs a lot of work.

Meh. It was discouraging but like I said, very little time spent and when I get to play finally people are waiting for me to be done to spend time with me, not the best time to play you know? Worst case I will find an easier song but I am going to keep at it for a bit, I havent spent enough time trying yet.

My daughter meanwhile is getting to spend over an hour a day on her ukulele and is sounding amazing. its not fair! damn kids and their lack of responsibilities and countless free hours! Rabble rabble!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL

That's all.

I got to play for 15 minutes on Tuesday night. I had the chords down but it didnt sound anything like the youtube video I was watching. I have one of those clip things coming in the mail, most people playing wonderwall have the clip on the second fret. Hoping that is the reason mine doesnt sound well. Also learning that my upstrum needs a lot of work.

Meh. It was discouraging but like I said, very little time spent and when I get to play finally people are waiting for me to be done to spend time with me, not the best time to play you know? Worst case I will find an easier song but I am going to keep at it for a bit, I havent spent enough time trying yet.

My daughter meanwhile is getting to spend over an hour a day on her ukulele and is sounding amazing. its not fair! damn kids and their lack of responsibilities and countless free hours! Rabble rabble!

The clip is called a capo. It raises the pitch by shortening the string length and allows one to play the same open chord shapes in different keys.

I had a feeling that song would take a bit longer than you were estimating, but just keep at it. We all have to start somewhere. I play Wonderwall in standard, just because it matches my voice better. I tend to use the capo more when I'm playing with my nieces and their really high voices.

Reaction score
The clip is called a capo. It raises the pitch by shortening the string length and allows one to play the same open chord shapes in different keys.

I had a feeling that song would take a bit longer than you were estimating, but just keep at it. We all have to start somewhere. I play Wonderwall in standard, just because it matches my voice better. I tend to use the capo more when I'm playing with my nieces and their really high voices.

Do you play locally in a band puckhead?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you play locally in a band puckhead?

Just with friends at parties and stuff. My wife and I play with another guitarist and a drum machine right now and are building up a set list. The Mrs. is on the bass and our buddy plays lead while I play rhythm and screech, errr, sing. Might make it to a bar or two in Sedona eventually is the goal, but we're not under any delusions of "making it". Just having fun.

How about you?

Reaction score
Just with friends at parties and stuff. My wife and I play with another guitarist and a drum machine right now and are building up a set list. The Mrs. is on the bass and our buddy plays lead while I play rhythm and screech, errr, sing. Might make it to a bar or two in Sedona eventually is the goal, but we're not under any delusions of "making it". Just having fun.

How about you?

I took guitar lessons when I was like 10. Learned to play E-nough is all. :p Lost interest in playing & quit. I love music though. I listen to music more than watch tv or anything else. I can listen to all different types. Just depends on the song. You can tell when someone is just going through the motions playing vs the music is flowing through them so to speak. Stevie Ray Vaughn for example definitely had the music flowing when he played. I can watch him for hours.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got some practice time in. My daughter was playing ukelele and I got her to join me and try what I'm playing. She picked up the uke about a month ago and has been learning the somewhere over the rainbow song. She's talking about saving up for a guitar now so we can jam together. Really stoked for that. To practice with a partner will make it more fun and for it to be my daughter will be awesome. This house might be converting to a music house slowly.

We spent about an hour trading off and on think we both got the intro to wonderwall pretty down. It's still a bit sloppy for each of us but it sounds right so.. progress.

I played the acoustic for about thirty and my fingers couldn't take it anymore. Once I switched to electric that's when she joined me and I was able to play alot more on those strings. Very happy to have that as it allows me to keep going when my fingers give up

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picking up one of these this week. :D

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got it?

I need to watch the video at home to see what it is :) I know it is a pedal, thats about it!

Picked it up last night. My amp tech makes them on the side. Sounds incredible. The video can describe it better than I can in words.

There are a bazillion overdrive pedals out there, but he figured out how to increase the internal voltage to give this sucker gobs of headroom and makes the feel extremely amp-like.

You'll understand soon. :D

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taking my Strat over to my tech tonight to have a humbucker installed in the bridge. The stock single coil just isn't cutting it. I'm very excited, but I hope it doesn't take too long. This should give it a lot more flexibility. :rockon:

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taking my Strat over to my tech tonight to have a humbucker installed in the bridge. The stock single coil just isn't cutting it. I'm very excited, but I hope it doesn't take too long. This should give it a lot more flexibility. :rockon:

:raccoon:

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score

Active or passive? I've always coveted the David Gilmour signature EMGs but have yet to take the plunge.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Active or passive? I've always coveted the David Gilmour signature EMGs but have yet to take the plunge.

Passive. George Lynch's signature 'Screamin' Demon' from Seymour Duncan. It's similar to a P.A.F. with a little more growl and airiness. I'm wiring it to split coils and still be able to give single coil sounds in the bridge if I want to. Should be done soon. :grabs:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Mrs is picking it up as we speak just in time for practice this evening. :rockon::fans::rockon:

And why not give the gents a plug:

Dennis at http://www.cavecreekguitar.com/

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave