puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

@Devilmaycare , check this out!
Thanks for the heads up. I saw it last week when it was announced. It's pretty sweet looking. I love the artwork on it. It makes me wish I played guitar.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@Devilmaycare , check this out!
Love it. I am tempted but the wife might kill me. LOL. I have purchased a new tower PC and 2 servers in the last 3 months.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Love it. I am tempted but the wife might kill me. LOL. I have purchased a new tower PC and 2 servers in the last 3 months.
If you buy it than I might be able to get it signed by the man himself this summer. :)

I'm sort of tempted to do that myself if I have the spare cash with how nice that guitar looks. Use it as a wall display more as artwork. If I frame the purchase as artwork I can sell myself the idea more and $1200 is cheap for art. ;)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you buy it than I might be able to get it signed by the man himself this summer. :)

I'm sort of tempted to do that myself if I have the spare cash with how nice that guitar looks. Use it as a wall display more as artwork. If I frame the purchase as artwork I can sell myself the idea more and $1200 is cheap for art. ;)

I had a feeling this could happen. Feel free to share my contact info with Gretsch for my commission check. ;) (store credit is also acceptable)

By the way, that guitar sounds really good in all the promo videos I've watched. I'm not really a semi-hollow guitar kind of guy, but the combo of that body and pickups is unique and results in a killer tone.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish. LOL. I did get to see a prototype Guitar he designed that is coming out code named "CEO".

I'm a Taylor guy, but you also wouldn't catch me kicking a Martin out of bed. They make quality instruments and have forever.

Can you say anything about the prototype? I know he's been rumored to be working on some new pickup system or something like that.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a Taylor guy, but you also wouldn't catch me kicking a Martin out of bed. They make quality instruments and have forever.

Can you say anything about the prototype? I know he's been rumored to be working on some new pickup system or something like that.
He didn't let it leave his hands. He said that was only the 2nd time it's ever been shown in public.

Reaction score

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crafted in China? I thought Gretsch were made here for some reason.
Gretsch is under the Fender umbrella these days and they're manufacturing overseas and North America.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I bought my son a pretty nice acoustic for Christmas. He's 8, so now I'm having to figure out the best way to get him lessons.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been considering a new guitar. But I never was really any good,...and,...arthritis.... I have always wanted a Gibson SG... but arthritis...not sure I will play enough to justify the expense.

something like this...

The finish on that is gorgeous, wow!

I'm no doctor, but depending on the type of arthritis, I think some low impact movements like practicing guitar with good technique and gentle stretching might help arthritis a little. Obviously best to talk to a pro before dropping a ton of cash on a Gibson. Plus, these days it's very easy to find affordable guitars to start out with before picking up something from the top tier.

Good luck either way, arthritis is a tough one.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought my son a pretty nice acoustic for Christmas. He's 8, so now I'm having to figure out the best way to get him lessons.
Right on, Chap! As I recall you're in Austin so there's probably a guitar teacher on every corner! :Dold Put the feelers out and don't be afraid to interview them about their methods and you should be able to find a good fit for your son. Definitely find someone who enjoys working with kids.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Right on, Chap! As I recall you're in Austin so there's probably a guitar teacher on every corner! :Dold Put the feelers out and don't be afraid to interview them about their methods and you should be able to find a good fit for your son. Definitely find someone who enjoys working with kids.
Yeah one of his buddies takes lessons, so I'm looking into who they are using.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I have been considering a new guitar. But I never was really any good,...and,...arthritis.... I have always wanted a Gibson SG... but arthritis...not sure I will play enough to justify the expense.

something like this...
I love pulling the curls out of wood like that. I did something similar in purple for the subwoofers and speaker stands I made for my home theater.

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose