I’ve Noticed

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
There’s some confusion among those discussing the draft. It surrounds whether the person predicting a selection is saying whom they want at that point or whom they think the Cards will take. I’ve seen people challenged when offering the latter even if they weren’t endorsing the pick. Just take a second to carefully read a post before you launch your response. Thanks!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I signed up for the free game pass the NFL is currently offering. Watched a couple of games, the condensed version which is great, and now I am hoping they go defense at #8. From what I could see the safety play is inadequate as well as LB. I am now at the point of hoping they trade down and get a couple of defensive picks unless for some reason either Simmons or Odukah is there at #8. The FAs they have signed are okay but are not game changers. It seems the only time they could really get pressure on the QB was to blitz otherwise rushing four gave the QB all day to throw. I also got the impression that Drake is not an effective inside runner. Get him to the outside and he can pick up some chunk yardage. Inside not so much.

With that said, I suspect they will go offense at #8. KK's focus is the offense and I believe he still doesn't have too much concern about the defense. I think Keim is trying to repair the defense with some additions through FA but will concede to KK come draft time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I signed up for the free game pass the NFL is currently offering. Watched a couple of games, the condensed version which is great, and now I am hoping they go defense at #8. From what I could see the safety play is inadequate as well as LB. I am now at the point of hoping they trade down and get a couple of defensive picks unless for some reason either Simmons or Odukah is there at #8. The FAs they have signed are okay but are not game changers. It seems the only time they could really get pressure on the QB was to blitz otherwise rushing four gave the QB all day to throw. I also got the impression that Drake is not an effective inside runner. Get him to the outside and he can pick up some chunk yardage. Inside not so much.

With that said, I suspect they will go offense at #8. KK's focus is the offense and I believe he still doesn't have too much concern about the defense. I think Keim is trying to repair the defense with some additions through FA but will concede to KK come draft time.

If one takes a step back, it's easy to see the Cardinal's first round pick going this way. I can see the Cardinals trading down for a wide receiver.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You're not wrong. Sadly I don't see any defensive players worth #8 being on the board. I think Simmons and Okudah are gone.

I wouldn't mind a trade back for the right deal. Get D line and an OT.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson