I’m Ecstatic

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
he didn’t make the right call. He was FORCED to use a timeout to avert a bigger problem because of his initial own ineptitude and it ended up icing his own kicker.
If he didn't call a time out we would have been called for delay of game (the flag was thrown). So either he calls the TO or we are penalized. That is not icing the kicker. Icing is INTENTIONALLY calling a time out to stop the kick. He had no choice. Now kicking it on 2nd down, that is another story.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
he didn’t make the right call. He was FORCED to use a timeout to avert a bigger problem because of his initial own ineptitude and it ended up icing his own kicker.
It was the right call to use the time out is what I believe they are saying.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If he didn't call a time out we would have been called for delay of game (the flag was thrown). So either he calls the TO or we are penalized. That is not icing the kicker. Icing is INTENTIONALLY calling a time out to stop the kick. He had no choice. Now kicking it on 2nd down, that is another story.

Clock management is suspect, and has been an issue for Kliff. We saw it in this game plenty of times. Delay of game threat at that point shouldn't have been an issue.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Clock management is suspect, and has been an issue for Kliff. We saw it in this game plenty of times. Delay of game threat at that point shouldn't have been an issue.
It was because the team was not lined up on time. Players play into this too. Moving parts.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thrilled with the win and I'd rate it as top 5 Cards wins of all time.

In the 4th Qtr I starting drinking martini's because of how stressed I was. I had to get up early for work and left before anyone else in the house was up. I texted my wife to record GMFB because I usually enjoy it and really wanted to hear what they had to say about the game.

My wife texted back done she had watched the recap of the game , "Now I know why you were so boisterous last night.

When I got home from work my Granddaughter said "thanks for the cursing marathon last night."
:blush:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It was because the team was not lined up on time. Players play into this too. Moving parts.

This is true after I went back to look. Zane was taking practice strides with under 10 on the play clock. Idk how Kliff isn’t paying more attention though.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Woke up today with the biggest migraine and a sore throat but it’s all good.

Murray, Murphy, Baker and Reddick were great when the game mattered the most. I’m just giving Keim some respect since I’m usually throwing dirt on the guy.
Simmons
Let’s not forget that he was great when the chips were all in.... the kid made the most of his six snaps... lol

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
This is my line of thought as well. If you're going to have murray just move the ball to the left hash, then you have to prepare your FG team and let them know to get on the field. That's on coaching, I would have them practice this at the end of every practice from now until the cows come home, because this is cardinal football. It's what we do, give us fans heart attacks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kingsbury wanted to kick the field goal in that situation rather than risk a penalty or turnover that could push them out of range.

I've seen a lot of college coaches do the same thing but not from that distance. IMO, the Cardinals should have tried to get closer before attempting the field goal. It didn't show a lot of confidence in the offense to get a few extra yards to make the kick easier.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA