I’m Confused

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Harry, Apr 15, 2019.

1. daves

daves Keepin' it real! Contributor

Murray could get hit by a bus between now and the draft... in which case, the Cardinals would likely keep Rosen... which would be kinda awkward if they've let the world know they wanted Murray.

If they're trying to shop Rosen, they could quietly let other teams know it, without announcing it publicly. Of course, there's a chance that the info could leak, but the Cardinals could still plausibly deny the "rumor".

...dave

BigRedRage, Cardiac and dscher like this.
  2. Buckybird

Buckybird Hoist the Lombardi Trophy

Bottom line the NFL wants the suspense going down to the wire with the #1 pick unlike years past! It’s called ratingS!

3. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

How can you plausibly deny a rumour when you in fact have been shopping a player ?

(Unless you see plausible deniability and lying as one and the same)

4. daves

Easy... first of all, it's unlikely a team would spill the beans on the record, if Keim asked the GM to keep it under wraps. So if word got out, it would most likely be in the form of a rumor from an unattributed source, and Keim could simply deny it. Or at worst, he could say something like, "We listen to all offers, and some teams called to discuss trading for Rosen, but the Cardinals are happy with Rosen as their QBOF and we were not interested in any of the offers."

...dbs

Cardiac, dscher and b8rtm8nn like this.
  5. perivolaki

perivolaki perivolaki

So say you. But we don't really know what teams are thinking. No one could imagine that Trubisky would go as high as he did in 2017, let alone that a team would trade up to draft him.

All it takes is one team that strongly believes in a player and they worry that others might have the same opinion. Like some have said here if you think Murray is that good go get him. Maybe someone else feels that way too. We just don't know at this point.

6. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

Plausible deniability in my work is taking responsibility for actions without briefing my boss as to the details. Yours is simply lying.

7. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Uh,huhuhuhuhuh

I think the media has that covered without the Cardinals needing to say anything.

Again, the Cardinals do not HAVE TO trade Rosen, no matter what they do.

There is a book's worth of examples on this message board that "Rosen is not that good". So, keep him as a backup QB, if they draft Murray.

There have been plenty of backups that have been traded for a lot more than they are worth, just because they were "stuck behind" another great QB.

Matt Flynn, Matt Schaub, just to name two off the top of my head.

8. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Uh,huhuhuhuhuh

It certainly does not. The Cardinals do not HAVE TO do anything.

9. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

Nonsense. The ratings will be there regardless of how the Cards handle this thing. You actually think if the Cards announced today they are taking Murray or whomever, fewer people would watch?

10. Ohcrap75

Ohcrap75 Registered

Well, OF course THE Cardinals don't HAVE to DO anything. They don't HAVE to EVEN select A player at #1. But THAT would BE idiotic, just LIKE keeping Rosen ON the roster AFTER selecting Murray.

11. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

Truly idiotic would be getting less than fair value for Rosen.

And does anyone truly believe that KM will be ready to start in the NFL first week?

12. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

I know a lot of people feel we need to get a#1 for Rosen but if we were to get a 2nd and 3rd for him and that turned into Deebo Samuel and Chris Lindstrom would that be so bad?

13. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

You can't predict that when you make the trade. It could just as easily be Kevin Minter and Jamell Fleming. In fact, it's more likely to be like that. Or Troy Niklas and Brandon Williams.

BigRedRage likes this.
  14. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

I get it. But a #1 could be another Buchanan and a 2nd and 3rd could be Buddy Baker and TM. It’s all a crap shoot.

15. daves

This may come as a shock to you, but lying is part of every GM's job. The public is not entitled to know the details of every discussion a GM has with other GMs. GMs explore trade possibilities all the time, but they don't want the affected players to get butt hurt over it, so when they're asked point-blank questions by the media, they deny they did so or say that inquiries were made but were not taken seriously.

I find it difficult to believe that you don't realize this, so i'm not sure why you're acting incredulous at my suggestion that Keim could be quietly shopping Rosen to judge how other teams perceive his value, yet he could be prepared to keep Rosen, and if that happens, he would prefer for Rosen not to think that he doesn't have the full support of the team. Rumors could be out there, but as long as he can plausibly deny them, Rosen might have his suspicions, but couldn't be sure of the truth.

...dbs

Cardiac and dscher like this.