I’ll tell you, that guy is a coach’s dream.

Roca Dolla

BIRD CITY!
Reaction score
Gentrys post game quote about Dudley

“I think our bench has played great, and everybody up here knows Jared Dudley. I’ll tell you, that guy is a coach’s dream. He’s a coach’s dream. We never even, I don’t even know what he did, because we never look at the stat sheet with him. But he always comes up with a big defensive play, with a big steal. He’s really kind of got the 2nd unit, he’s the one that’s kind of created the identity of the 2nd unit…Our guys laugh at him all the time, cause when he gets a dunk in practice everybody is like ooooh. He is not the world’s greatest athlete, let’s put it that way. But he’s probably our smartest player really, I don’t know if I’ve ever had a player that was as intelligent as he is. He just knows angles and he plays every play like it’s the last play of the game.”

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Gentry, you gotta kaibosh this **** bud or we'll never be able to resign him. :)

Forrestham

Freebird62
Reaction score
He is not a guy you want on your fantasy team but one you want on your real team. We do need to give Kerr credit on this one. This trade has worked out well. Yes it should be a top priority to get him and Louie locked up

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd take Dudely over everyone else involved in that deal. Doc Rivers had some real nice things to say about him and Amundson as well. I'm much more excited about this team than I'd thought I'd be and their energy is a big reason why.

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
He is not a guy you want on your fantasy team but one you want on your real team. We do need to give Kerr credit on this one. This trade has worked out well. Yes it should be a top priority to get him and Louie locked up

True. And J-Rich is starting to show hs true ability on the court this season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting to see the emergence of a legitimate second unit for the Suns that goes five deep if one counts Clark. Dudley, Amundson Barbosa and Dragic give a nice blend of defense and offense (especially defense). The early development of either Clark or Lopez could greatly impact the Suns upside.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
With Shaq gone, guys like Jrich, Nash , Amare have a lot more space to move around. JRich is a solid post up player with his back against the basket and having him muscle guys should be a play we should go to more often.

Channing Frye has opened the court even further with his three point shooting.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

JRich and Dudley >>>>>>>>> Raja and Doris

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Well those people weren't taken very seriously, getting rid of Diaw was an absolute blessing. I would have been happy even if it was just for cap space like the shaq trade as long as we got rid of Diaw.

I watched a few nuggets games this year, and even after almost 2 years free from Diaw I STILL just get so angry and outright disgusted watching Nene battle tooth and nail out there, what he brings to the nuggets and how he anchors the nuggets interior and then I immediately remember Diaw was supposed to be the equivalent to that (not so much in playstyle but level of performance). It just pisses me off, Diaw really screwed the suns.

Good freakin' riddance.

And this sixers game, thank god for dudley and thank god for jrich.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Dudley is, in some ways, the polar opposite of Diaw. Diaw has amazing talent and doesn't give a crap, whereas Dudley has (frankly) subpar talent but has made himself into a good player through tireless effort and intellectual intensity. I'll bet that Charlotte would more than happily take Dudley back for Diaw straight-up right now, even if they were forced to extend Dudley for close to Diaw money.

keric

Reaction score
Player of the game vs Sixers

Been watching this guy since his days at Boston College(hated him back than):sad:

Dudley brings all the intangibles to the team. Interesting he finished the game instead of Hill vs the Sixers. (A first time move by Gentry, who usually has all of the starters in the final minutes other than the Orlando game)

Even if his shot isn't falling just watch him on defense. Watch him box out his man. Fundamentally sound in all areas.

Give Gentry credit also for recognizing exacly what Dudley brings.

Other posters are right " Dudley would not have seen the floor under Dantoni"

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Dudley brings all the intangibles to the team. Interesting he finished the game instead of Hill vs the Sixers. (A first time move by Gentry, who usually has all of the starters in the final minutes other than the Orlando game)

Not so. Even in the Boston game, JD and Lou were on the floor to finish the game while Amare and Grant sat.

It's becoming a good trend ... Grant the first half, and Dudley closes the game for him.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Well those people weren't taken very seriously, getting rid of Diaw was an absolute blessing. I would have been happy even if it was just for cap space like the shaq trade as long as we got rid of Diaw.

I watched a few nuggets games this year, and even after almost 2 years free from Diaw I STILL just get so angry and outright disgusted watching Nene battle tooth and nail out there, what he brings to the nuggets and how he anchors the nuggets interior and then I immediately remember Diaw was supposed to be the equivalent to that (not so much in playstyle but level of performance). It just pisses me off, Diaw really screwed the suns.

Good freakin' riddance.

And this sixers game, thank god for dudley and thank god for jrich.
Someone who channels my thoughts exactly!
Dudley is, in some ways, the polar opposite of Diaw. Diaw has amazing talent and doesn't give a crap, whereas Dudley has (frankly) subpar talent but has made himself into a good player through tireless effort and intellectual intensity. I'll bet that Charlotte would more than happily take Dudley back for Diaw straight-up right now, even if they were forced to extend Dudley for close to Diaw money.
+1!

Funny how Gentry was just praising him yesterday, and tonight he puts up this insane performance. Now Gentry's gotta step it up a notch, and his nose is going to start to smell even more :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave